The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » December 29th, 2011, 10:28 am

Wow. Where do you live?

In New York, they can't shut someone off in the winter.

Sorry about the troubles. It's all bullshit... like when the phone company shuts you off immediately, but tells you that it takes three days to turn you back on. It's all done by computer (assuming the lines are in) so it's just as fast to turn it on as off.

Of course, with gas, they probably need to physically turn it on though.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby FAB dogs » December 29th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought in Indiana too. Not that it means I shouldn't pay my bill. :D But shut it off they did. It's back on now, and I have heat, but they wouldn't turn the water heater back on because the pipe wasn't set right. Now I'm waiting for my handyman to get here and fix that. I swear, it's always something!
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » December 29th, 2011, 8:29 pm

How did they "not turn your water heater on"?? Did they physically lock the shutoff? If not, just light it. ;)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 3rd, 2012, 10:37 am

Holy cripes the prison is freezing today! I have my space heater on high but I'm sitting here shivering in my winter boots, wool sweater, long-sleeved tee, pants and winter hat. Brrr!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » January 11th, 2012, 10:34 am

Ok... I've had enough. It's the rule of three's right?

1 - personal issues that don't belong here.
2 - Merlin
3 - hard drive falls off my table last night and now won't spin up

ENOUGH ALREADY. Can I get a break? Please and thank you.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby call2arms » January 12th, 2012, 1:08 am

Sick again.

Inventory time at work.

Super cold weather to walk the dogs.

Damn cat is trying to die on me. 19 years old doesn't make it anymore acceptable.

BLAH!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby amalie79 » January 17th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Great. can't take Luna to the next 2 shows because of stupid BSL. :bs:

>(

There aren't emoticons angry enough for me right now.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 17th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Where were you going?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amalie79 » January 17th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Pine Bluff, Arkansas, which I should have remembered since it was all over the news a few years ago. I knew about North Little Rock, and that's one of the reasons I'm not staying with my friend there... They have an exception for AKC/UKC events, but they require 3 generation pedigree, tattoo'd registration number, etc. Booo.

But I found out the second show, in Little Rock, looks better. LR proper (not North LR) has regulations limiting the number of pit bulls per household, things like that, and the exception for AKC/UKC events just has a flat exception for dogs traveling to LR to attend those events and "contests." No tattos or pedigrees required. Still POd though.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 23rd, 2012, 11:27 pm

everything just sucks right about now. that's all
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby donnynannette » January 24th, 2012, 7:45 pm

So our neighbors down a couple houses have a pit. He is such a sweetie they also have another dog some sort of poodle or something lol. I know these neighbors pretty well and when they first brought the baby home i told them that pits are alot of work but they are great dogs. I told them they need a ton of socialization when they are pups and when you think you have socialized enough do 10 times that amount. Learned that the hard way. Anyways when they first got the pup they always sat out on the porch with him yes it was summer and now its winter and its freezing but still lol.They never let the dog out front anymore he in the back yard all the time. He also can easily jump the fence if he really wanted to. I have said something nicely to them on more than one ocassion like if you dont socialize him he will get nasty. And you know polo could easily jump that gate. All they say is he wont jump the gate and he is to strong to take on walks. I think really i weigh 115 lbs and i manage to walk diesel who weighs in at about 80. I have mentioned the head halter but it just seem they dont want to be bothered. Im just ranting because it makes me so angry that they are so irresponsible. What are they going to do if he does get out and gets scared and bites someone. :mad2:
donnynannette
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 1st, 2012, 11:41 am

The inmates at my prison very rarely shock me. I thought I'd seen/read it all. Apparently not as I am sitting here horrified. I'm doing the security evaluation for this inmate and I'm reading through his record check: age 12 - raped a 13 year old; age 14 - murdered his mother's boyfriend and burned the body; and now he's back on a new murder conviction after beating and strangling a woman, and then dumping her body along the highway. HOLY CHRIST. Why this guy ever got out of jail and STILL didn't get the death penalty blows my mind.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amalie79 » February 1st, 2012, 12:25 pm

I can't even deal with how mad I am right now. A few years ago, we did a basic obedience class with River at a local pet store. It was all "R+," but it was also useless, and the trainer had a bit of chip on her shoulder. I didn't realize how useless it was at the time, but when I started doing clicker training, I knew.

I still shop there because I'd rather give my business to a local shop and they've always been good to us on the retail side of things.

Their newsletter came out and River is the Dog of the Month, with a picture I sent them about 2 years ago of her with a super tough toy we bought there. I sent the pic because it really was super tough and she loved it.

They've met the other 2 dogs, and Luna is especially clearly trained. They've never bothered to ask why I'm not bringing her, why she's not taking classes, but to use River as some example of their training classes without asking me or even TELLING me (I guess it's possible that I signed a thing that they could use our picture for promos) is unprofessional and rude and I AM SO P*SSED OFF. :cuss:

I think I'm done with them. And this comes a day after our trainer sent me an email to discuss what I want to do with our training, if I'm interested in doing part time or full time ever, work toward CPDT, etc. Worst. Timing. Ever.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 2nd, 2012, 9:09 am

I want a freakin' shock collar for Stone...I want several of them. I want to strap them all over him...turn up the intensity and shock the hell out of him the next morning that he wakes me up at 6 am moaning and whining. Oh wait...that'll be TOMORROW...because he does it EVERY MORNING. Despite the fact that last call for potty is between 11pm-12am...he still wakes up early and sounds like he's dying.

oh...and then having to get up and clean the crap and piss out of Flower's crate AGAIN...that makes my mornings great too. Because from 12 am-7am is REALLY A smurfing LONG TIME TO HOLD YOUR BLADDER AND BOWELS.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby copperlegend » February 2nd, 2012, 11:07 am

A friend of mine wanted to get into fostering, but told me our application process "takes too long" and "I want to save a dog's life today!" So, she found another local rescue, who never even did a HV. She is now fostering a 7 month old pit bull, and keeps saying "this is only a temporary foster situation, my landlord will be mad if he finds out I have 3 dogs!" I told her we've had Kia over a year, and explained gently that it really screws rescues when they may not know you are a short-term foster. She acts like it's no big deal.

Here's the kicker. She's had him a little over a week now, people are already interested, and she is now all excited that he'll be adopted, probably this week (she's had him a little over a week). Then I hear "so wait, why do you still have Kia? What's wrong with her that nobody wants her? This isn't that hard!"
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » February 2nd, 2012, 3:42 pm

When she's working with a rescue that doesn't bother to screen foster homes, what would make you think they would be properly screening adoptive homes? It's really easy to place dogs when you just dump them with whomever raises their hand.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » February 2nd, 2012, 4:12 pm

I'd dump my fosters on the first person to raise their hand right now...

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » February 2nd, 2012, 4:30 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I'd dump my fosters on the first person to raise their hand right now...

In that case, it sounds like Joanna has just the person for you. :wink:

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2012, 12:03 am

lmao
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » February 3rd, 2012, 11:21 pm

Beyond pissed at my hiking group right now...they set up a hike with my name on it...at my favorite venue...and then invited someone that I really, really, REALLY don't want to hike with to attend. So now I had to take my name off the RSVP list and not go on the hike with my friends.

I'm so very angry right now...this just tops off a crappy day.

TheRedQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic