Working cali on the treadmill (pics and video)

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby bullyboi » May 17th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Yesterday i started cali on the e mill and i put her on it for

15 minutes
1.5 mph
5 out of 10 incline.
Today i put her on it for

30 minutes
1.5 mph
5 incline

I am hoping it will help her get more tone and shed some more weight and maybe build up a little more endurance and just basicly get her in better shape.
I dont want to overwork her and this carboard set up is temporary.....
We now are feeding her Merrick (1 cup a day) and she is at 40 pounds.

How long should i put her on the next time and should i work her faster than 1.5 mph (the speed in the vid)????

Should i take down the incline or leave it?

Her back legs seem to be worked the most so i rubed them down a little bit.

Here are some pics yesterday and a vid.....

http://media.putfile.com/treadmill-1-89

Also any tips or we would be cool :D

Aaron
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby a-bull » May 17th, 2006, 7:01 pm

She looks like she's going to keel, lol . . .

You just love her, don't you?? :)
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby bullyboi » May 17th, 2006, 7:02 pm

How did you know? lol...sure do
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby a-bull » May 17th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Too cute . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 17th, 2006, 9:24 pm

OMG I love that video - she is SOOOOO not amused! You may wanna think about lowering the incline to 1-2% until she gets more athletic. She did look pretty tuckered there. I'd say really low incline, and slooowwwllly up the time, like maybe a minute per day?

Let me add here that I know nothing about fitness, so don't take my word for this!

P.S. She's a, um, solid little girl, isn't she? :wink: I tease 'cause I love. :D You're doing a great job with her.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby bullyboi » May 17th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Thanks.....yea she is a little thick lmao

this is a recent pic lol...the vid is a bad angel

Image :o
bullyboi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby a-bull » May 17th, 2006, 9:36 pm

Nah, she's nice. If she has Catahoula in her, (which she certainly looks like she does), they run a little thicker and taller.
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby msvette2u » May 17th, 2006, 11:29 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:OMG I love that video - she is SOOOOO not amused! You may wanna think about lowering the incline to 1-2% until she gets more athletic. She did look pretty tuckered there. I'd say really low incline, and slooowwwllly up the time, like maybe a minute per day?

Let me add here that I know nothing about fitness, so don't take my word for this!

P.S. She's a, um, solid little girl, isn't she? :wink: I tease 'cause I love. :D You're doing a great job with her.

Solid :) Good choice of words!!
I don't know about fitness either but I'd work up slowly if I were you. You don't want her to get sore. 15 min. - 30 min. over two days is quite a jump!!
If she's not used to working out, 5-8 min. a day for a week building up to 10 possibly by the end of the week. Then 15 the 2nd week and slowly in increments, up to 30.
But that's just me. I know that's how I'd acclimate my own body :|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health