HW+

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby mnp13 » October 19th, 2011, 7:25 pm

I don't really understand - he's not showing signs? what about his heart doesn't look good?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » October 19th, 2011, 7:28 pm

SisMorphine wrote:So Blue went in on Monday for x-rays. Even though he's not showing any signs of heatworm disease his heart does not look good. Ugh. He's going to need more injections than first thought.

Boo, hiss and crap balls.

Good thoughts coming from us.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » October 20th, 2011, 3:10 am

but are they concerned about his recovery, or just that he needs more treatment?

good thoughts aswell
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » October 20th, 2011, 9:20 am

Just that he'll need more vials to treat it.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SisMorphine » October 20th, 2011, 9:22 am

mnp13 wrote:I don't really understand - he's not showing signs? what about his heart doesn't look good?

I guess it's called a reverse D: one side of the heart becomes enlarged.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » October 21st, 2011, 3:17 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:So Blue went in on Monday for x-rays. Even though he's not showing any signs of heatworm disease his heart does not look good. Ugh. He's going to need more injections than first thought.

Boo, hiss and crap balls.

Good thoughts coming from us.

Ditto :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » October 24th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Blue goes in for his first treatment on Wednesday. So worried. Now strict "crate rest" starts . . . but he can't be crated. This will be interesting. Love my big blue man, though. Love him so much.
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » October 24th, 2011, 11:36 pm

what are you planning to do?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » October 25th, 2011, 8:41 am

Awww...suck.

Still thinking of both of you...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » October 25th, 2011, 9:25 am

mnp13 wrote:what are you planning to do?

Well I know when I'm home he can be crated without a problem. When I'm at work I'm either going to bring him and crate him there, or leave him loose at home and bring Teeny to work with me. Also when he stays home I'm going to put away the toybox so he doesn't get any ideas.

Also going to try setting up the x-pen. Not that it would hold him in if he wanted to get out, but I don't think he'll really care about it and at least it'll keep him limited.
SisMorphine

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 25th, 2011, 9:29 am

Could he handle being tethered to a wall?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » October 25th, 2011, 10:28 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Could he handle being tethered to a wall?

Personally I don't like tethering. Too many things could happen when they're not being tended to. (We actually just had this discussion at work yesterday LOL!).
SisMorphine

Postby ArtGypsy » October 25th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Just wanted to stop by *here* and let you know we're thinking of you out here in Nebraska!!

:D

Warm Thoughts and Tail Wags From Me and Dar!! :wink:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby turtle » October 25th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Good luck to Blue with his treatment. I was thinking about you both today as I swatted more darned mosquitoes... HW just sucks.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby call2arms » October 26th, 2011, 8:49 pm

He'll be ok. He's a tough guy. Go Blue Go! (and hang on Alyssa!)
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SisMorphine » November 2nd, 2011, 12:03 pm

I just realized I never updated this! Blue was a VERY good boy at the vet's all day. Even left the office kitties alone (SHOCKER!). If the staff there weren't in love with him before, they are now. LOL! He was acting fine there, and fine when I picked him up, but when we got home it was obvious he was in pain from the intramuscular injection. He also showed some pretty intense tremors for the first 24 hours he was home, but after all of that he bounced right back and is his normal self.

His next two injections are the day before Thanksgiving and the day after . . . it won't be an easy holiday but after that we should hopefully be done.
SisMorphine

Postby ArtGypsy » November 2nd, 2011, 12:11 pm

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

YAY FOR BLUE!!

Thanks for the Update...........Just sit the fish tank in front of him so he can watch Frank All Day.
that will keep him occupied...

LOL
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Jenn » November 2nd, 2011, 3:08 pm

:) Yay for good news!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » November 3rd, 2011, 2:45 am

yay Blue!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » November 3rd, 2011, 8:50 am

Fantastic news...:)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health