The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » October 23rd, 2011, 12:09 am

Before I could even post in happy news that Flower got adopted, she was returned.

*sigh*
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby plebayo » October 23rd, 2011, 1:39 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Before I could even post in happy news that Flower got adopted, she was returned.

*sigh*



What the hell?? Why?!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 941
Location: Oregon

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 23rd, 2011, 4:58 am

What???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
User avatar
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing
 
Posts: 15437
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby mnp13 » October 23rd, 2011, 10:11 am

Holy crap! What happened?????
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Tubular Toby » October 23rd, 2011, 1:52 pm

That made me so sad last night Erin. =( I've always loved her. What happened?
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 521
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Postby TheRedQueen » October 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm

I'm not ignoring everyone...just busy! I'll write it all up later this afternoon!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby TheRedQueen » October 24th, 2011, 10:40 am

Short n' sweet version of why Flower came home: The adopters didn't listen to advice and warnings. Me: "Her only real problem is that she can be aggressive around high-value treats and her food, so feed them separately. I personally feed her in a crate." Them: let's feed them in separate corners of the yard, off-leash, and freak out when Flower snarfs her food and rushes across the yard to attack the other dog so she can eat the other bowl of food.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby plebayo » October 24th, 2011, 10:54 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Short n' sweet version of why Flower came home: The adopters didn't listen to advice and warnings. Me: "Her only real problem is that she can be aggressive around high-value treats and her food, so feed them separately. I personally feed her in a crate." Them: let's feed them in separate corners of the yard, off-leash, and freak out when Flower snarfs her food and rushes across the yard to attack the other dog so she can eat the other bowl of food.


Ugh that sucks, especially because I think I saw on facebook you knew the trainer they would be training with[although I could be making that up lol] and also you just said you spent a good 1.5hrs talking to them before leaving her. Maybe they really didn't want a 2nd dog/were having some reservations, and after that happened it solidified it. How stupid can they be?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 941
Location: Oregon

Postby TheRedQueen » October 24th, 2011, 11:05 am

They were so excited...I have no idea what happened. My friend/aquaintance that is their trainer...she had no idea they were even adopting!

They said that they really love her, but just don't know enough about dogs to deal with this...*sigh*
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby mnp13 » October 24th, 2011, 11:20 am

I saw a "desparate plea" on fb from a rescue that needs help - because they are SEVEN+ dogs over the legal limit, and now they finally got caught and are getting big fines every day. This just makes me nuts - either do it right or don't do it. If you can't have 10 dogs at your house, don't take in ten dogs. When AC finally finds out about it, you're going to be up crap creek and looking for everyone to scramble to get the dogs out - because if AC takes them they all die.

I was involved with a big "rescue" like this a few years ago, to get dogs out that someone had illegally and their neighbors finally had enough and called them in (again.)

I'm not going to say "how hard is it to just do it right and get the permits?" because I know it can be VERY hard. But if you are absolutely set on having a rescue or kennel, then your first order of business is to live in an area where it's allowed.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby TheRedQueen » October 24th, 2011, 6:26 pm

mnp13 wrote:I saw a "desparate plea" on fb from a rescue that needs help - because they are SEVEN+ dogs over the legal limit, and now they finally got caught and are getting big fines every day. This just makes me nuts - either do it right or don't do it. If you can't have 10 dogs at your house, don't take in ten dogs. When AC finally finds out about it, you're going to be up crap creek and looking for everyone to scramble to get the dogs out - because if AC takes them they all die.

I was involved with a big "rescue" like this a few years ago, to get dogs out that someone had illegally and their neighbors finally had enough and called them in (again.)

I'm not going to say "how hard is it to just do it right and get the permits?" because I know it can be VERY hard. But if you are absolutely set on having a rescue or kennel, then your first order of business is to live in an area where it's allowed.


Yeah, they're in MD...so of course I got asked to help. Apparently the woman is in a TOWNHOUSE with all of these dogs...a semi-feral one, pit bulls that are DA...I mean...where do you put them all? She can't get a kennel license for a townhome...and can't afford to move. So...um...DON'T FOSTER OR RUN A RESCUE. Do something else to help dogs. :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby mnp13 » October 24th, 2011, 8:16 pm

And has (according to her posts) five dogs being kenneled with kennel bills over $15,000.

I understand wanting to help, but you are NO HELP when your dogs all get taken and put down because you didn't follow the right process to do what you want to do. That $15,000 could have gone pretty far towards moving.

And she's playing the "they hate Pit Bulls" card, which may be true, but quite frankly, people who live in townhomes generally move to those communities to avoid crap like this.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby TheRedQueen » October 24th, 2011, 9:24 pm

And I've not heard of any county in MD (other than PG) putting pit bulls down automatically...which is what she's saying. If she's fostering well, these dogs should be highly adoptable...and if not, they probably should be euth'd anyway. Baltimore county has BARCS which is VERY pit bull friendly, Harford county is bully friendly, my county (Carroll) has bully breeds all of the time for adoption...etc
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby SLS61185 » October 24th, 2011, 11:30 pm

I just want my life back. I want my life not to be upside down anymore. I want my heart to not be broken into a million little pieces anymore. I want to stop feeling so helpess. I want big, wet, slobbery kisses from my baby bear right now and I can't :-( I want to not cry about this anymore.

Yes, I want the world right now.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
User avatar
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 153
Location: Spotsylvania, Virginia

Postby mnp13 » November 3rd, 2011, 11:27 am

Posted on Facebook:
hey, my local pals (rescue) got a call from a vet about a 10 year old lab/BC mix. Neutered, vacc's UTD, in good health with a current geriatric panel done. All is good other than a mild limp and some calcification on one elbow (also where the limp is) dog is sweet natured, good wtih all people and was surrendered to the vet when the owners tried to have him euthinized. (divorced/moving cannot take the dog) anyways..anyone who thinks they might be able to make room, lemme know.


This REALLY pisses me off. A LOT.

We have said over and over here that if you don't want your pet for whatever reason, have enough respect for that animal to take it to the vet and put it down. These people decided to do exactly that - instead of dumping it in a shelter to spend a few weeks scared and alone before it (most likely) will be put down.

But the vet decides that they shouldn't do that? TOTAL bull shit.

So, the people who wanted to do the right thing in the situation - don't want the dog anymore, but don't want to dump it in a shelter - can't because the vet decides they can't. So the dog is in the exact situation that the owners were trying to avoid.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17232
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby TheRedQueen » November 3rd, 2011, 5:44 pm

mnp13 wrote:Posted on Facebook:
hey, my local pals (rescue) got a call from a vet about a 10 year old lab/BC mix. Neutered, vacc's UTD, in good health with a current geriatric panel done. All is good other than a mild limp and some calcification on one elbow (also where the limp is) dog is sweet natured, good wtih all people and was surrendered to the vet when the owners tried to have him euthinized. (divorced/moving cannot take the dog) anyways..anyone who thinks they might be able to make room, lemme know.


This REALLY pisses me off. A LOT.

We have said over and over here that if you don't want your pet for whatever reason, have enough respect for that animal to take it to the vet and put it down. These people decided to do exactly that - instead of dumping it in a shelter to spend a few weeks scared and alone before it (most likely) will be put down.

But the vet decides that they shouldn't do that? TOTAL bull shit.

So, the people who wanted to do the right thing in the situation - don't want the dog anymore, but don't want to dump it in a shelter - can't because the vet decides they can't. So the dog is in the exact situation that the owners were trying to avoid.


*sigh*
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby TheRedQueen » November 4th, 2011, 11:56 pm

ARGH...I knew there was a reason I hate kids/teenagers...the angst and drama...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby LMM » November 5th, 2011, 4:56 pm

I would really like to breathe through my nose again sometime this century :(

I know, small rant but holy hellfire this sucks.
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby ArtGypsy » November 5th, 2011, 8:53 pm

LMM wrote:I would really like to breathe through my nose again sometime this century :(

I know, small rant but holy hellfire this sucks.



THAT is Miserable.....Kelcie Couldn't Breathe Until we Had Her Sinus Surgery.... :(
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby LMM » November 6th, 2011, 1:57 pm

:shock:
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]