Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Tubular Toby » October 20th, 2011, 11:24 am

DemoDick wrote:Michelle is doing the dishes tonight!


:fastRoll:

Although I have to ask, does this mean you're cooking? ;)
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 521
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Postby DemoDick » October 20th, 2011, 11:43 am

Tubular Toby wrote:
DemoDick wrote:Michelle is doing the dishes tonight!


:fastRoll:

Although I have to ask, does this mean you're cooking? ;)


I normally cook and do the dishes but I'm laid up for a while so Michelle has to take over some of my chores.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby mnp13 » October 20th, 2011, 2:30 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Michelle...your new signature made me snort...I almost ended up with a keyboard full of soda

:D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Malli » October 20th, 2011, 2:47 pm

mnp13 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:Michelle...your new signature made me snort...I almost ended up with a keyboard full of soda

:D


:lol3:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
_______________________________________
"You didn't know of the magical powers of the break stick? It's up there with genies and Harry Potter as far as magic levels go." SisMorphine 01/07/07
User avatar
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!
 
Posts: 6341
Location: CANADA EH?

Postby Tubular Toby » October 20th, 2011, 6:14 pm

DemoDick wrote:
Tubular Toby wrote:
DemoDick wrote:Michelle is doing the dishes tonight!


:fastRoll:

Although I have to ask, does this mean you're cooking? ;)


I normally cook and do the dishes but I'm laid up for a while so Michelle has to take over some of my chores.

Demo Dick


Geez, I need a guy like that!!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 521
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma

Postby Malli » October 20th, 2011, 6:16 pm

sleeping dogs. Ahhhh........
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
_______________________________________
"You didn't know of the magical powers of the break stick? It's up there with genies and Harry Potter as far as magic levels go." SisMorphine 01/07/07
User avatar
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!
 
Posts: 6341
Location: CANADA EH?

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 21st, 2011, 3:07 pm

Apple couldn't fix my computer so I got a brand new one, with Lion installed. :D
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
User avatar
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing
 
Posts: 15437
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby DemoDick » October 21st, 2011, 6:18 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Apple couldn't fix my computer so I got a brand new one, with Lion installed. :D


Huh. I didn't know that was an option. Lions are notoriously lazy though. Can I get one with a Jaguar?

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby copperlegend » October 22nd, 2011, 9:51 pm

So my sister finally asked me to be a bridesmaid and the Maid of Honor in her wedding, AND she picked dresses that are reasonably priced and flattering on all the bridesmaids! This wedding may not be so horrible after all :)
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 163

Postby mnp13 » October 24th, 2011, 4:03 pm

:smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead:
I'M GETTING MY iPHONE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.milo.com/apple-iphone-4s-wit ... s_18073651

You can check for availability with this website. They are in stock at a TON of Radio Shacks!

:stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance:

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
:stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :stickDance: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
:smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch:
:smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead:
:trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance:
:smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch: :smileSwitch:
:trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance: :trollDance:
:smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead: :smilehead:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby DemoDick » October 24th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Michelle didn't get her iPhone today.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby CinderDee » October 24th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Uh oh, what happened?
Dee
User avatar
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer
 
Posts: 3414
Location: Forever in my heart...

Postby mnp13 » October 24th, 2011, 8:32 pm

ugh...

soooooo....

I ordered phone 1 last Tuesday. The online system messed up and put Demo's name on the package coming to the hospital I work at. It never would have gotten to me. So I called to fix it, and they had to cancel the order for phone 1 and order me phone 2.

Phone 2 has an expected ship date of October 28, with expected arrival date of the 31st.

Today, I found a store that has them in stock. I got online, and the order on the Verizon website says in process with a ship date of the 28th. Great! I send an email telling them to cancel it, and head to the store.

At the store, they allow me to open the package while they are working on the system to get the phone set up. It won't let them. They call Verizon, who tells them that I ordered the phone this morning. Then they tell him that I have to call. I call them, and they tell me that my phone shipped today and I'll have it in hand tomorrow or Wednesday, but they can't give me a tracking number or other information.

The only way to get out of it is to refuse the package, which will send it back to Verizon, and four or five days later I'll be able to get the phone at the store. Or I can get the tracking number off of the computer when it comes up and I can try to have FedEx stop the package before they ship it at all.

When I get home, I get online, and there is no change in the status. I call again. The phone system tells me that I already have my new phone and that it has been activated. Uh.... No.

So I speak to a person, and she puts me on hold for a while. She comes back and says that I can't cancel the phone, but that it is shipping on Friday. So, of course that doesn't make any sense either. I'm on hold right now while she tries to find out why one system says it's shipped, one says it's received and one says that it's not coming until Friday.

I really want to just cancel and go get the phone at Radio Shack - because the other thing is that Verizon has an insurance plan on the phone for $8 a month, with a $169 deductible. Radio Shack has AppleCare, that costs $99 up front, with a $50 deductible. Huge difference in the long run (and short run!) Even if my phone gets stolen the day I get it, I'm still ahead with the Apple version.

So... we're at 25 minutes on this call so far... and nothing yet.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby CinderDee » October 24th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Good grief, what a mess. What happened with the phone call?
Dee
User avatar
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer
 
Posts: 3414
Location: Forever in my heart...

Postby mnp13 » October 24th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Nothing. The second woman said that the phone was NOT shipping until Friday, but that I can call tomorrow and see if there is a tracking number yet, and if there is, try to cancel it with FedEx directly. More BS - their system is really screwed up if what they are saying is true.

I spoke to my credit card company to find out about cancelling the charge for the phone, since I'm quite sure they will be able to magically find the order once I cancel the charge for it. They are going to call me tomorrow about that one.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby ArtGypsy » October 25th, 2011, 2:15 pm

mnp13 wrote:ugh...

soooooo....

I ordered phone 1 last Tuesday. The online system messed up and put Demo's name on the package coming to the hospital I work at. It never would have gotten to me. So I called to fix it, and they had to cancel the order for phone 1 and order me phone 2.

Phone 2 has an expected ship date of October 28, with expected arrival date of the 31st.

Today, I found a store that has them in stock. I got online, and the order on the Verizon website says in process with a ship date of the 28th. Great! I send an email telling them to cancel it, and head to the store.

At the store, they allow me to open the package while they are working on the system to get the phone set up. It won't let them. They call Verizon, who tells them that I ordered the phone this morning. Then they tell him that I have to call. I call them, and they tell me that my phone shipped today and I'll have it in hand tomorrow or Wednesday, but they can't give me a tracking number or other information.

The only way to get out of it is to refuse the package, which will send it back to Verizon, and four or five days later I'll be able to get the phone at the store. Or I can get the tracking number off of the computer when it comes up and I can try to have FedEx stop the package before they ship it at all.

When I get home, I get online, and there is no change in the status. I call again. The phone system tells me that I already have my new phone and that it has been activated. Uh.... No.

So I speak to a person, and she puts me on hold for a while. She comes back and says that I can't cancel the phone, but that it is shipping on Friday. So, of course that doesn't make any sense either. I'm on hold right now while she tries to find out why one system says it's shipped, one says it's received and one says that it's not coming until Friday.

I really want to just cancel and go get the phone at Radio Shack - because the other thing is that Verizon has an insurance plan on the phone for $8 a month, with a $169 deductible. Radio Shack has AppleCare, that costs $99 up front, with a $50 deductible. Huge difference in the long run (and short run!) Even if my phone gets stolen the day I get it, I'm still ahead with the Apple version.

So... we're at 25 minutes on this call so far... and nothing yet.



OH.
MY.
GOD.


I have SO lived this 'scenario' over and over, with varying themes/orders.
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Any News Today???? :| :| :|
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
User avatar
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries
 
Posts: 946
Location: Eastern Nebraska

Postby mnp13 » October 25th, 2011, 2:35 pm

I've been on the phone with them twice today. No one seems to know why the system won't let anyone in to cancel the order. They also don't know why the phone system says that the phone has been received and activated.

The woman this morning promised she would call me back after she looked into it. Six hours, no call. The woman this afternoon said she would call me as soon as she's able to cancel the order. Nothing yet.

The woman this afternoon said that the order can be cancelled as soon as there is a tracking number, and they would be able to halt the shipment and fix the account immediately. The woman last night said that I was going to have to wait a couple days after cancelling the order before the account would be correct.

I have now started to remind them that I am not under contract, and if I wanted to switch to AT&T or Sprint I would have a phone in hand right this second. Though plenty of people pull that line out when they get mad at their cell phone companies, very rarely does anyone actually switch when they are in the middle of something because of the cost of cancelling a contract. However, I am not under contract and actually can walk without a penalty.

I'm careful to be polite and friendly, but clear that the longer this goes on the more likely it is that I'll be getting a phone from someone else.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby SLS61185 » October 25th, 2011, 4:30 pm

FINALLY got to see my baby boy today after a week of everything going on!!! That made everything in the world okay for 25 minutes.... Came home and had a really good cry, as usual.... Hopefully I can go see him again tomorrow before work.

I love him more than life itself and I will do everything in my power for him!
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
User avatar
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 153
Location: Spotsylvania, Virginia

Postby mnp13 » October 26th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Phone is in hand!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby TinaMartin » October 26th, 2011, 2:57 pm

mnp13 wrote:Phone is in hand!!!

Yeah! Tell me how you like it after you play with it. Charles was eyeballing it and thinking about being put on my plan. His phone is throwing temper tantrums.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
User avatar
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer
 
Posts: 1240
Location: Rochester NY

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]