Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » September 30th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Vintage 3/4 sleeve coat with mink collar in stunning condition. $15.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » September 30th, 2011, 10:23 pm

the last of the thank you notes has been written.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » October 1st, 2011, 12:25 am

well aren't you just full of motivation today?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SLS61185 » October 1st, 2011, 5:34 am

You, yes you, you are the one I am talking to.
You spend too much time finding fault in who you are or in your mistakes. They are behind you and you can't change the past.
You, yes you, you worry too much about the future. It isn't here yet and there are so many things outside of your control that can affect that.
You, you can in this moment realize.
You are beautiful.
You are powerful.
You are loved and can give love. By giving love you multiply the love that comes back you you.
You, yes you, can start today to be grateful for your past and find the wisdom in it. Live in the now and love that you can bring to you a future with more hope, gratitude and love. It all starts with YOU!

My mom posted this on my FB earlier. She found it somewhere that had a picture with it, with a person pointing their finger at you. Cute!
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ArtGypsy » October 1st, 2011, 10:11 am

Having PBT in My Life. Seriously. :neutral: Sitting in this hospital bed, light/noise sensitive, nauseated :puke: and dizzy :crazy2: as Hell............I can always count on my friends here to take a moment to answer a chat message or respond on FB---You all have seen me through some pretty tough times, and now is no exception. Just wanted to pass that on. :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Hoyden » October 1st, 2011, 12:52 pm

FINALLY done with more radiation treatment and having the support of close friends and a man who rocks my world to pull me through it. This round was worse than last summer's round on my back but they got all the spots on my right leg and this kind of cancer stays gone if it is caught early.

In a few short days I have can milk and cheese. Oh how I missed my skim milk and cheddar cheese!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby ArtGypsy » October 1st, 2011, 1:54 pm

Hoyden wrote:FINALLY done with more radiation treatment and having the support of close friends and a man who rocks my world to pull me through it. This round was worse than last summer's round on my back but they got all the spots on my right leg and this kind of cancer stays gone if it is caught early.

In a few short days I have can milk and cheese. Oh how I missed my skim milk and cheddar cheese!

:confetti: :woowoo: :confetti: :woowoo:

YEAH FOR GOOD NEWS!!

*and whoo hoo for CHEESE* :D
ArtGypsy

Postby Hoyden » October 1st, 2011, 3:21 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:Having PBT in My Life. Seriously. :neutral: Sitting in this hospital bed, light/noise sensitive, nauseated :puke: and dizzy :crazy2: as Hell............I can always count on my friends here to take a moment to answer a chat message or respond on FB---You all have seen me through some pretty tough times, and now is no exception. Just wanted to pass that on. :dance:

I can sympathize with you about the nausea, I would rather be in extreme pain than deal with nausea. I've spent a good deal of time plastered on the cold tile floor in front of the toilet so I won't have to go far. Birdie dragged her blanket into the bathroom and slept in the tub.

BTW - I found that pure peppermint tea with the tiniest touch of honey or stevia and old fashioned horehound candy really worked at keeping the nausea at a dull roar so I didn't have to take as much of the nasty medications up until the last few weeks.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby call2arms » October 2nd, 2011, 11:02 pm

New foot tattoo yesterday.

It's kind of puffy and painful now (my body AND my resistance to pain are going down the drain with time - I used to be able to sit 8 hour sessions and not budge, AND have no swelling, yesterday 1 3/4 hours and I wanted to kick the tattoo artist in the face) BUT I'm soooooooo happy about it.

Also, both my foot and I survived our 11-hour shift today. I did not even collapse on the couch when I got home! :D

Lastly, I love my dogs.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby plebayo » October 3rd, 2011, 4:13 am

call2arms wrote:New foot tattoo yesterday.

It's kind of puffy and painful now (my body AND my resistance to pain are going down the drain with time - I used to be able to sit 8 hour sessions and not budge, AND have no swelling, yesterday 1 3/4 hours and I wanted to kick the tattoo artist in the face) BUT I'm soooooooo happy about it.

Also, both my foot and I survived our 11-hour shift today. I did not even collapse on the couch when I got home! :D

Lastly, I love my dogs.

No pictures?!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TinaMartin » October 3rd, 2011, 9:42 pm

Hoyden wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:Having PBT in My Life. Seriously. :neutral: Sitting in this hospital bed, light/noise sensitive, nauseated :puke: and dizzy :crazy2: as Hell............I can always count on my friends here to take a moment to answer a chat message or respond on FB---You all have seen me through some pretty tough times, and now is no exception. Just wanted to pass that on. :dance:

I can sympathize with you about the nausea, I would rather be in extreme pain than deal with nausea. I've spent a good deal of time plastered on the cold tile floor in front of the toilet so I won't have to go far. Birdie dragged her blanket into the bathroom and slept in the tub.

BTW - I found that pure peppermint tea with the tiniest touch of honey or stevia and old fashioned horehound candy really worked at keeping the nausea at a dull roar so I didn't have to take as much of the nasty medications up until the last few weeks.

Grace we are all thinking of you.
Noel I am so glad you are done!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » October 6th, 2011, 5:10 pm

I must report on yesterday's random act of kindness...

Driving on the left side of the road, on roads that are barely two lanes wide, with NASTY pot holes makes travel quite difficult. I hit three or four very deep pot holes going about sixty and worried that I was going to end up with a flat. After a few hours of driving, we were headed back to the hotel, and the van behind me was driving very close and flashing his lights. Every time I looked in the rear view mirror, he jestured to pull over. It was freaking me out. I finally found a spot and pulled to the side. He did as well. And then he got out of his car.

I was pretty freaked out... then he walked up to Demo's side of the car and reached to open the door!! AAAHHHHHH!!!! As the door opened, he handed him the hubcap that had fallen off of the passenger side front tire about 5 miles earlier. He said "I'm sorry, you were probably wondering who was driving like a crazy person behind you, but you lost this back at the quarry." We thanked him profusely, and he got back in his car and headed back the other way - probably to town, which was about a mile back.

So, this total stranger saw us lose a hubcap, and not only stopped and got out of his van to get it, but followed us into town, and then towards our hotel to give it back to us. I have to admit I was floored.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » October 6th, 2011, 11:39 pm

mnp13 wrote:I must report on yesterday's random act of kindness...

Driving on the left side of the road, on roads that are barely two lanes wide, with NASTY pot holes makes travel quite difficult. I hit three or four very deep pot holes going about sixty and worried that I was going to end up with a flat. After a few hours of driving, we were headed back to the hotel, and the van behind me was driving very close and flashing his lights. Every time I looked in the rear view mirror, he jestured to pull over. It was freaking me out. I finally found a spot and pulled to the side. He did as well. And then he got out of his car.

I was pretty freaked out... then he walked up to Demo's side of the car and reached to open the door!! AAAHHHHHH!!!! As the door opened, he handed him the hubcap that had fallen off of the passenger side front tire about 5 miles earlier. He said "I'm sorry, you were probably wondering who was driving like a crazy person behind you, but you lost this back at the quarry." We thanked him profusely, and he got back in his car and headed back the other way - probably to town, which was about a mile back.

So, this total stranger saw us lose a hubcap, and not only stopped and got out of his van to get it, but followed us into town, and then towards our hotel to give it back to us. I have to admit I was floored.

I feel like I've seen this in a liftime movie once - the stalker starts out by "helping you" :wink:

Kidding aside that is really cool!! It's awesome that there are still nice people out there - I think it just helps remind us to pay it forward when we can.
----

I'm happy today because Seth's UKC LP card came in the mail! There's a trial Sunday that's like... 5 miles away. I think we're just going to try Rally since I haven't really been doing much with him in the obedience department. Either way I'm excited!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » October 7th, 2011, 2:50 am

Puppy! Happy and yet nervous. Its been like 10 yrs! I think I am in for a steep learning curve. :shock:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ArtGypsy » October 7th, 2011, 12:55 pm

I'm able to manuever MYSELF in the wheel chair (but can't stand alone yet)....so when the breeze blows, I can go to the window instead of just having to listen from the bed!! :)

DAR COMES TONIGHT AT 7;00!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
ArtGypsy

Postby Malli » October 7th, 2011, 1:00 pm

yay Dar :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amalie79 » October 8th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Malli wrote:Puppy! Happy and yet nervous. Its been like 10 yrs! I think I am in for a steep learning curve. :shock:

You are, indeed, my friend. You definitely are. ;-)
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » October 12th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Eating yummy soup...Moroccan reipe...lentils and chick peas. Easy and delish. :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » October 14th, 2011, 6:01 pm

Michelle...your new signature made me snort...I almost ended up with a keyboard full of soda
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby DemoDick » October 20th, 2011, 10:42 am

Michelle is doing the dishes tonight!

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic