A little puppy brag

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby amalie79 » September 26th, 2011, 9:34 am

At last week's "practice session" (which Luna is doing in lieu of classes), Luna had to be behind a barrier because she was soooo overstimulated seeing her friends. It was all TOO much!

Last night, I remembered to bring some chicken as a super duper good treat, and she was a a star. It's the first time she's worked on an actual attention heel-- she walks well enough on a loose leash that this skill has been low on the list. So last night we started working on it and did pass-bys with her doggie friends. She loves the cattle dog in the class and after having not seen her in a few weeks, she was trrremmmbling with excitement at first.

But she got it together and did brilliantly. :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 354&type=1

(Even you non-Facebookers should be able to see the album ;-) It might prompt you to log in, but just canceling that seems to work)
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » September 26th, 2011, 11:25 am

Yay good job Luna!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 26th, 2011, 7:27 pm

:clap:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby furever_pit » September 26th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Nice job.
Boy is she growing!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby amalie79 » September 26th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Thanks! I'm really proud of her. It's easy to forget how smart she is when she's so damn rotten so much of the time. ;-)

And yeah-- she's getting taller and her muscles are starting to gain some definition. Her front end is catching up to the back end-- I was a little afraid she'd be all sloped forward forever!! lol
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Return to Training & Behavior