Sepple

Postby mnp13 » September 20th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Hey everyone, Dee and I have offered to be the "point people" for helping to find Sepple a new home. We're hoping that someone has space for him as a perminent home, but if you can foster please let me know as well.

If you have room for another dog, know of a rescue that has room, or if you are able to foster, please contact me and we'll go from there.

He's just under three years old, neutered, has cancer but is in remission. We are not positive how good he is with other dogs, though he doesn't get along with Faust. He might be ok, might not, we don't have a lot to go on there.

If the people who have met him in person would give their thoughts that would be great.

Please direct any questions to myself or Dee and we'll do our best to answer them! :)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » September 21st, 2011, 12:48 am

Will keep my eyes and ears open for Sepp. <3
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SLS61185 » September 21st, 2011, 3:53 am

I so wish I could have another dog but my husband will not allow it :-( Plus, Patch wouldn't allow it either... :nono:

Kinda OT but where is Faust or do you know??
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » September 21st, 2011, 8:28 am

SLS61185 wrote:I so wish I could have another dog but my husband will not allow it :-( Plus, Patch wouldn't allow it either... :nono:

Kinda OT but where is Faust or do you know??

Faust is safe...

Can someone get me exact details on the two of them to pass along to some rescue contacts?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » September 21st, 2011, 9:48 am

As soon as I have them, I'll get them to you.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amalie79 » September 21st, 2011, 9:52 am

If this little puppy hadn't shown up, I might have had room for him. :(

Will spread the word...
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Klopfer » September 21st, 2011, 10:15 am

As you know i totally in love with Sepp :love: , do you want me to ask my german, austrian and swiss Pitbull-people for help? I wish I could take him myself... :(
They say "fighting dogs" grab on and never let go; and it's the truth! Smokey grabbed my heart and never let go.

http://www.schuldig-geboren.de
Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » September 21st, 2011, 10:29 am

Sepple was born June 28, 2008, is neutered, he's up to date on rabies (due in October, 2013), and his distemper is good until 10/19/11
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby hugapitbull » September 21st, 2011, 1:00 pm

I met Sepple this summer. He was on crate and rotate with Faust, due to some incidents between the two of them. Christine kept them in separate areas, not in crates per se. When one was in the living room with us, the other was in a side room with the door closed. She switched them out frequently so they could both interact with us. After lunch we sat on the porch and Sepple was contained to the porch while Faust played in the yard. I don't feel qulified to comment on how he would be with other pets in the family.

Sepple interacted with us extremely well. He was excited to see new friends and may be a bit overly friendly for some folks. He was quick to give big bully kisses and would love to be a lap dog, but is a bit big for that. :wink: I saw nothing that indicated there could be a problem with people, but I'm not a trainer kind of person.

He listened to Christine and willingly complied with whatever she asked of him. Moving him to a room to be separated was not a big deal to him. I got the impression that she was very diligent about letting each dog spend small stretches of quality time with her and neither seemed to think they were being punished when their time was up.

I would love to see someone in the PBT family be able to take him on.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Hundilein » September 21st, 2011, 10:17 pm

It has been a while since I last visited Christine, so I don't have a whole lot to add about Seppel. I remember him being a big goofball, jumping up a lot to say hello and giving lots of kisses. I know Christine had some issues with him barking at people walking past the house at one point, but he had gotten much better by the time I saw him. He may have barked once or twice a couple of times, but called off easily. When I was there, he and Faust were still allowed out together. I know they were on crate/rotate with Luca when he was there, but I don't remember if that was because of Luca's behavior, or Seppel or Faust.

Again, I wish I knew more. :(
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » September 22nd, 2011, 1:11 pm

Does anyone know if Sep doesn't like other male dogs, or just had issues with Faust? Also, do we know if he is good with cats still?
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » September 22nd, 2011, 1:57 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Does anyone know if Sep doesn't like other male dogs, or just had issues with Faust?

No one knows for sure at this point, nor do we really know if the problem was really based from Faust or Sep. That's on the list of things to find out when they are assessed.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » September 22nd, 2011, 2:03 pm

Cool, keep me posted.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby CarolineC » September 23rd, 2011, 10:54 am

Seppel is a jumper. And a licker. He's a good dog, has a good temperment as far as I've known him, and his problem with Faust was Fausts' problem, not Seppels.They had two incidents in the past 6 months, once when my mother was in the hospital when I first moved here. I was going to give them treats and Faust out of the blue went after Sep. I took Sep to the vet that evening to have him looked at and got him antibiotics. The second time they had an altercation my mother and I were in the livingroom and the boys were just hanging out. I said something to my mother and Sep ran over to me to lick me and Faust pounced. After that we have kept them seperated. The night I found my mother both dogs were running around free and I did not see any bite marks or anything on Sep. So anyways, Sep was never the one to initiate any fighting and never defended himself.

Sep is very protective of his yard. He charges up and down the fence barking when anyone walks by. I found a hole in one part of the fence a couple of days ago and yesterday I saw him trying to dig under the fence in the front yard. I am not sure how he is with cats because I've never seen him interact with them other than barking at them through the fence if they were close.

I'm not sure if I've answered all the questions, but if not, please repost.
CarolineC
Just Whelped

Postby CinderDee » September 23rd, 2011, 11:02 am

That's exactly what I thought about Sepp from talking to your Mom. Thanks for clearing everything up Caroline. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby plebayo » September 23rd, 2011, 11:49 am

CinderDee wrote:That's exactly what I thought about Sepp from talking to your Mom. Thanks for clearing everything up Caroline. :hug3:

X2!!! This is the way I felt based on her posts when she started to consider crating and rotating. Glad to have it confirmed :)
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby BigDogBuford » September 23rd, 2011, 12:40 pm

If someone could evalutate Sepp with cats and he's ok, then I am more than happy to take him if nothing else opens up closer to where he is now. I already have one dog with lymphoma, what's two? :| He's in remission, yes? Once we have more info, I'd really like to check out his vet records if possible. Keep me posted, but he's got a safe place to land here with the Fitzgerald clan should he need it.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby cheekymunkee » September 23rd, 2011, 8:59 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:If someone could evalutate Sepp with cats and he's ok, then I am more than happy to take him if nothing else opens up closer to where he is now. I already have one dog with lymphoma, what's two? :| He's in remission, yes? Once we have more info, I'd really like to check out his vet records if possible. Keep me posted, but he's got a safe place to land here with the Fitzgerald clan should he need it.

I think I love you :loveU:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CarolineC » September 26th, 2011, 9:07 am

Sepple has his vet appointment today at 4pm.

I ask that those of you interested in adding Seppel to your family to please give me a call. My phone number is 954-729-0986.

Thanks.
CarolineC
Just Whelped

Postby pitsnok » September 28th, 2011, 9:22 am

I just have to say that you people are amazing.

I wish I could do something to help.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Rescue