As promised, pics of my old man <3

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby alyssa_arden » September 15th, 2011, 4:17 pm

So when I joined many months ago I said I would eventually post pics of my black lab, Brutus, who I've had now for half of my life. He's just over 11 years now and still such an active, lovey dog, even though I know at least one of his littermates passed away last year from heart problems :cry:

I remember how excited I was at only 10 to be -finally- getting the puppy I always wanted. And he was such a little bundle of puppy-fat and fur. He was the biggest of his litter, hence, the big brute, aka Brutus. He's really tall for a lab and once he grew up he was over 100lbs, I remember a period of time where we weighed the same as I when I was growing up!

During middle school and high school, you know, those awkward years... he was everything to me. I didn't have a lot of friends living close by so if I needed someone to cry on it was him. I've buried my face in his neck so many times I couldn't even count it. Sometimes I get jumpy when I'm home alone and when I hear a noise and get nervous if I call him up to my room he'll stand on my bed and look out the window with his tail high if he knows I'm scared. I doubt he'd do a very good job guarding me, he greets everyone like a long-lost friend, but he makes me feel better just being there.

I try not to think about how old he is for a big dog, my family is going to be lost without him. But he's hands-down the reason why I love dogs. He's the reason I went to volunteer at the local humane society when I had to do some sort of volunteer work for school. When I was there I met pitbulls up close and personal for the first time, and I was never the same for it. So in a way, he's the reason I'm on this forum today!

Anyway, enough nostalgia, on to pictures!!

This was the first day we had him, such a little blob!

Handsome boy!! :D

More recent photo where you can see all his gray

Most recent one I have, my cousin took this one, adorable...
alyssa_arden
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » September 15th, 2011, 4:25 pm

He is beautiful. I am sure Joyce will be along shortly asking you to be her best friend. :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 15th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Missy I was just getting to post the same thing about Joyce! lol

He is very cute. And such a glossy coat!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » September 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm

:loveU: :loveU: :loveU: :loveU:

OMG!!! WILL YOU AND YOUR BLACK LAB BE MY BEST FRIENDS??????

And I am not just saying that because Brutus is ADORABLE and STUNNING. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 15th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Please excuse Joyce. :rolleyes2: She automatically loses her mind when she sees another black lab :crazy2: She has a slight problem :wine: :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby alyssa_arden » September 15th, 2011, 6:40 pm

iluvk9 wrote::loveU: :loveU: :loveU: :loveU:

OMG!!! WILL YOU AND YOUR BLACK LAB BE MY BEST FRIENDS??????

And I am not just saying that because Brutus is ADORABLE and STUNNING. :)

Hahaha Brutus has so many friends, everyone loves him, and he loves everyone!! He even has his own facebook page because all of my friends wanted to be friends with him! :mrgreen:

I don't think you're crazy Joyce, who doesn't love a lab? <3

pitbullmamaliz (Liz...?) - I know, he used to be so shiny, and we didn't even really try :| He's lost a little luster in his old age but he's still got that glossy look. Unfortunately he has fatty tumors all over his body now (non-cancerous, we've checked) that you can see perfectly well because of the glossiness, so we all lovingly call him "lumpy"!!
alyssa_arden
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » September 15th, 2011, 6:45 pm

See Joyce...if you didn't think FB was evil, you could be friends with Brutus! lol

He's really sweet...I love that first pic...such love! :heartbeat:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » September 15th, 2011, 7:49 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:See Joyce...if you didn't think FB was evil, you could be friends with Brutus! lol

True. Very true. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » September 15th, 2011, 11:10 pm

What a good looking boy!!!!

Give me a lab grin any day... I love happy labs!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pocketpit » September 16th, 2011, 6:13 am

What a good looking boy!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby homebrwd » September 16th, 2011, 3:01 pm

Such a happy looking pup, very nice!
homebrwd
Just Whelped

Postby amalie79 » September 19th, 2011, 2:58 pm

So beautiful!! And hey-- The puppy I got when I was 15, a lab setter mix, wound up living to be 16. Sometimes they surprise us. :)

I have a black lab now, too... Glad to see you're a member of the club (Joyce is the president, obviously ;-) ).
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Return to Gallery and Cinema