Pit bull event today...`

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 10th, 2011, 8:41 pm

I helped at the B-more dog event today...a neighborhood festival in Baltimore. We handed out free spay/neuter vouchers for pits and pit mixes, free vaccines for the same ($5 for other breeds), and did a collar swap (trade in your chain, frayed leash, etc) and get a new leash and buckle collar.

There weren't a TON of people, but we did hand out 5 vouchers, and did a lot of vaccinations.

The puppies were so smelly, and so many with thinning hair. Most if not all, lived outside. The male dogs were all intact, some females were spayed. Also saw a lot of other breeds, most intact too.

But we swapped EVERY person for a new collar and leash...got a giant chain off of one dog...and a medium chain off of a chow mix.

Met a lot of great people, and enjoyed the day immensely...I love running interference with clueless dog owners (seriously, I do)...and it was nice to be outside on our first sunny day in a long time!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » September 11th, 2011, 6:42 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I helped at the B-more dog event today...a neighborhood festival in Baltimore. We handed out free spay/neuter vouchers for pits and pit mixes, free vaccines for the same ($5 for other breeds), and did a collar swap (trade in your chain, frayed leash, etc) and get a new leash and buckle collar.

That is great! I am also glad you got a few "big chains" off the dogs. Who supplied the free collars/leashes?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 11th, 2011, 7:57 am

Sounds like it was a great success!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » September 11th, 2011, 8:12 am

iluvk9 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:I helped at the B-more dog event today...a neighborhood festival in Baltimore. We handed out free spay/neuter vouchers for pits and pit mixes, free vaccines for the same ($5 for other breeds), and did a collar swap (trade in your chain, frayed leash, etc) and get a new leash and buckle collar.

That is great! I am also glad you got a few "big chains" off the dogs. Who supplied the free collars/leashes?

The volunteers (some were new, others gently used). I purged myself of a re-usable grocery bag full of leashes, collars and harnesses myself. It was nice to see stuff that I wasn't using, walking off with new dogs, looking great.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » September 11th, 2011, 9:49 am

That is really nice for people to donate. Next time, spread the word here.....you never know.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Pit Bull Talk