all work and no play...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Malli » September 4th, 2011, 2:09 pm

a brief update on myself

so remember that knee injury I asked about here? Well, turns out its the IT Band :rolleyes2: After hearing that it was still causing me discomfort in August, my parents (let me insert that I am 30 yrs old) have given me some money towards physio therapy, which I have started; let me say, between all of the exercises and stretching its about 1 & 1/4 to 1 & 1/2 hrs per day! :shock:

I have also been saving for our dec trip to Mexico, which leads me to...

I had the opportunity for extra work and I took it, I have also started picking up occaisional shifts at the animal hospital I used to work at full time; so, this is how my couple of weeks are looking : mon-weds - work, thurs - day off! :woowoo: , fri - weds - work, thurs - day off! :woowoo:, friday - work. There is a slim possibility I will be given the upcoming saturday off, which would make us able to go camping (have not been in years), so cross your fingers and paws!

Needless to say I have been giving the internet a lot less attention and shouldn't even really be on here right now! I feel like I do physio, and I work :rolleyes2:

:wave2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 4th, 2011, 4:54 pm

IT Band??? If that is the same thing Truman had with his cruciate, I can lend you the sling Noel made for him, in case they have to hoist you up or something. :dance:

Now that you have a day off every once in awhile, will you be taking photos for us? At this point, take them of your knee. SOMETHING. :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pocketpit » September 4th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Sounds exhausting! Vacation is just two months away though, you're almost there :bounce:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » September 7th, 2011, 3:31 am

Joyce! :rolleyes2:

I actually just spent about 2 days without being online at all! Between everyday life, physio and work I had no time and no energy!

1 day left until a day off :D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2011, 6:02 am

:wave2: Think of all the big bucks you are bringing in!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » September 7th, 2011, 1:55 pm

yaaaay. And Oscar gets to take almost all of it :rolleyes2:
Oh well, at least I won't be in overdraft or have it on a credit card :|
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2011, 3:27 pm

How are the extra shifts going?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » September 7th, 2011, 11:04 pm

I bet you missed the anal glands. And the angry clients.

TRIP TO MEXICO!!! Wooo! I'm excited for you!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » September 8th, 2011, 3:00 am

The extra shifts at the kennel can be a little, grating, but honestly, aside from one exhausted day, it hasn't been as bad as I'd thought it was going to be, just nothing has been done around the house! :doh:

the hospital has (well, in the shift and 1/2 I've been back) kind of been a nice change of pace. I have yet to encounter anal glands or angry clients :wave2:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 8th, 2011, 6:00 am

call2arms wrote:I bet you missed the anal glands. And the angry clients.

When teachers get together, all they talk about is kids....You Vet Techs must have some great conversations when you are all going out for lunch.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » September 8th, 2011, 9:46 am

Oh jeez Joyce, if only you knew.

Let's say not much grosses us out while we eat.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » September 8th, 2011, 7:32 pm

between the crazy adventures the animals get into the the wacko people who bring them in, veterinary medicine can certainly be entertaining.
Oscar went easy on my pocket;) well, relatively
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Off-Topic