Thing(s) that made me happy today...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Tubular Toby » August 20th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Just found out that there is a polo club at OSU and you don't need a horse, saddle, or even helmet. They provide everything. I'm 90% sure I am joining, just to get a chance to go horseback riding if nothing else! I am really excited!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » August 20th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Polo is really great, but tough. Be careful. :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 20th, 2011, 8:37 pm

That's so cool!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Tubular Toby » August 21st, 2011, 2:17 pm

Yeah, almost certain I am joining. I've been reading about it online and it seems pretty open to people that want to come out and ride (of course you pay the membership dues) and you don't have to be really serious about wanting to play polo competitively. Although they do have a traveling team within the club, it sounds like not everyone is that invested in it. I would love to go out and just put miles/conditioning on horses.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby call2arms » August 31st, 2011, 12:21 am

That sounds so cool! I would LOVE to try polo, but there is no such thing as free horse or equipment around here!

On the other hand... Enrolled for focus/pre-agility class today with Iggy, will start most likely at the end of october! I'm sooo excited! Plus a coworker of mine and her crazy goofy weimaraner is coming as well, it's going to be so much fin!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2011, 10:32 pm

My sister asked Archer (3 1/2 years old) what he wanted to learn in preschool.

His answer: Fishing, cooking and how to play while sitting down.

She asked..."playing while sitting down? Do you mean like crafts?"

Archer responded: "yes, crafts."

lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2011, 6:03 am

TheRedQueen wrote:My sister asked Archer (3 1/2 years old) what he wanted to learn in preschool.
lol

LMAO
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TinaMartin » September 7th, 2011, 8:46 am

TheRedQueen wrote:My sister asked Archer (3 1/2 years old) what he wanted to learn in preschool.

lol

Love it! :)
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby amalie79 » September 7th, 2011, 10:25 pm

River and Robin had their first raw meal today. We'll see how they handle it. :)
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby call2arms » September 7th, 2011, 11:36 pm

Got the confirmation email: Iggy and I will be starting pre-agility (focus) class in october. So excited!

I also ordered a bunch of dog training books! My wallet won't be happy, but I am!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » September 8th, 2011, 12:02 am

call2arms wrote:Got the confirmation email: Iggy and I will be starting pre-agility (focus) class in october. So excited!

I also ordered a bunch of dog training books! My wallet won't be happy, but I am!

:clap:

Very cool...we'll need updates!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » September 8th, 2011, 2:56 am

tomorrow I have a day off after a 6 day work week last week and 3 already this week.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 9th, 2011, 10:53 am

Finally got the rear lights fixed on the van...yippee! No more police stops!

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » September 9th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Wes bought me my very first Carhartt item - a fall/winter jacket :) It is lovely, very warm (though here today it was about 78 Farenheit :rolleyes2: ) and, with their durability I am sure it'll last me the next 10 yrs !

:D :D :D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » September 9th, 2011, 9:18 pm

I got a couple of pieces of my silver today. The sugar tongs have bird feet at the end of them! So cool!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » September 10th, 2011, 3:06 am

I filed the Divorce yesterday. It will be final 5 January 2012. It can't come soon enough for me.

I will finally be free, free, free. free.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby iluvk9 » September 10th, 2011, 6:34 am

Hoyden wrote:I filed the Divorce yesterday. It will be final 5 January 2012. It can't come soon enough for me.

May your life be filled with happiness, good health, financial success and the occasional hot man in your bed. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hoyden » September 10th, 2011, 12:51 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
Hoyden wrote:I filed the Divorce yesterday. It will be final 5 January 2012. It can't come soon enough for me.

May your life be filled with happiness, good health, financial success and the occasional hot man in your bed. :)

:D :D I filed the paperwork the day after my last oncology follow-up for radiation, per our agreement.

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to the first three now that there won't be a ball and chain dragging me down. Funny how I got healthier when I stopped giving a crap about him or what he thought.

As for the last part, let's just say that I lost a bet with my cousin. I now owe him a keg of beer and there is a man with the most awesome green eyes that just rocks my world & takes my breath away because he can talk history with me for hours as he is just as much if not more of a history geek than I am. He doesn't care how many dogs I have as long as there is room in the bed for him, hates sports as much as I do, thinks Living History reenactments & military reenactment units are awesome because he is involved in them too and isn't fazed one bit by the issues with my right leg & my tendency to go hell bent for election until I end up hurting myself because he's a combat medic and can fix it.

Oh, and Gremlin thinks he's cool because she can talk tanks, WWI & WWII weapons with him and he has a big collection of WWII stuff. I have to pry her off of Skype with him. Autumn hasn't met him yet, but she will soon.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby iluvk9 » September 10th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Hoyden wrote: ...he can talk history with me for hours as he is just as much if not more of a history geek than I am.

Hard to believe there is ANOTHER history geek out there and you found him. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BullyLady » September 15th, 2011, 12:53 am

Today it makes me happy that three years later this thread is still going strong, bringing happiness was Christine's strength.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic