Why was my warning about virus removed

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby TheRedQueen » September 3rd, 2011, 8:27 am

It's easier to share photos on FB...which is why I rarely share any here...with FB, you just upload straight to the profile, you don't have to host them anywhere...like you do on forums. My old Aussie forum shut down, and we've moved to a page on FB now...and I'm friends with all of them on my regular profile too.

And because so many PBT folks are on FB too, and they share the same things on PBT and FB...I respond to one or the other...it seems silly to write everything out again in another spot.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 3rd, 2011, 8:57 am

Holy crap Joyce! Your Google-fu is strong!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » September 3rd, 2011, 9:00 am

Which I think was one of my points, Erin. I am not sure. 8) Forums aren't as hot, because of FB and other social medias.

How many dog forums have you been on, pre-FB, where people just cut and paste the same photos and stories? 8) It is in CASE it wasn't seen on another forum or FB.

As for people being snarky on forums, and this one....this is the way I look at it: I have been snarky towards others and others have been snarky towards me. BUT I know that when "needed" members here will let it go, and show compassion. I see it all the time in the Departed Friends section, and the "need positive thoughts" threads. Honestly, often I forget who was mad at me or who pissed me off and just go along my merry way, posting in their threads.

And to end for now....BITE ME LIZ! :neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 3rd, 2011, 9:22 am

One of the reasons that I love PBT is that we're allowed to be snarky, but not down right mean and nasty.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » September 3rd, 2011, 9:39 am

Thanks Erin for clearing up what this was all about :wink:

I HAVE been slack the last two years posting but been a little busy with school. Now that I am done I am trying to post more.

I like both PBT and FB. I can just put out a thought on FB but sometimes (because of certain people) I don't want my whole town knowing my business, I would like to think I could share it here. I am like Erin though and sometimes I feel if I post, I am just talking to the wind.

So what can we do to get this party started again??? :dance:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 3rd, 2011, 9:58 am

Bring some spam...that always livens up a party! MMMm...canned meat!

I know I'm a lot more busy lately...so I'm not on PBT or FB as much...work is good, but I'm out much of the day now!

TheRedQueen

Postby hugapitbull » September 3rd, 2011, 10:02 am

FB is a HUGE factor in the decline of the forum. All of the chatty kind of posts are now on FB - what my dog did today or the latest greatest picture. It's quick, it's easy, and all your friends see it. You can be selective about who your friends are so any possibility of conflict is gone. Once all the chatty stuff moved to FB, that leaves only the problems that show up here (as Missy pointed out). With any problem, only the ones who have something to add will contribute, leaving the majority to just read.

As long as there are forums there will be conflict. No one is going to agree with everyone all the time. You aren't going to like every member, and some folks are going to just outright annoy the hell out of you - avoid them and go on about your business. For the most part PBT has a minimal amount of snarking and almost no biting.

I hate seeing the decline. I have met some wonderful folks from my association here. I hate to miss out on that going forward.

And BTW, you can upload a picture directly from your pc - from the reply or new post, you will find a tab at the bottom left that says 'upload attachment'. Most people don't know it is there.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby mnp13 » September 3rd, 2011, 10:58 am

In regards to the pictures, I upload to FB then use those on my posts here. Much much easier I can't do it from my phone though. But yes, I think FB is generally what is killing forums. You can control your entire FB experience, unlike forums where you're stuck with the community as a whole.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » September 5th, 2011, 10:23 am

Well, I'm going to be a bit snarky here...I check in just to read posts on issues of interest to me. I rarely post anymore, I got tired of the constant "watching my back". I got tired of wondering with every post, who was going to come out of the woodwork and blast off. It's not worth it. I use FB - I can pick and choose who my friends are, I don't have to put up with nonsense....

Just my 2 cents.
airwalk
I live here

Postby amalie79 » September 5th, 2011, 4:38 pm

I've liked this forum because it's made up of a group of people who all have different experience and knowledge and are willing to share. You've all been an invaluable resource for me and my dogs (and cats!). But while I still post, I always have to brace myself that someone is going to be wagging their finger at me. And I also have to remember that some of that is just the nature of writing/typing vs. hearing tone of voice and not knowing you all "in person."

This is where I come when I need pet specific advice-- frankly, I wouldn't do what 80% of my FB friends suggest for animals if you paid me. But FB is where I share my general life, everyday stuff. I've been bummed to see the traffic slow down over here, but what can ya do?
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » September 5th, 2011, 6:57 pm

I just assumed people were enjoying their SUMMER. You know, doing things outside in the fresh air instead of sitting in front of their computers. :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » September 5th, 2011, 7:54 pm

plebayo wrote:I just assumed people were enjoying their SUMMER. You know, doing things outside in the fresh air instead of sitting in front of their computers. :|

lol...what a concept!

TheRedQueen

Postby SisMorphine » September 5th, 2011, 8:20 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:One of the reasons that I love PBT is that we're allowed to be snarky, but not down right mean and nasty.

I've quit most forums, but my fav that I quit was the one where I could call people plenty of nasty names. Just saying . . . being able to be a douchebag is a good time.

(Wait, do I get kicked off for calling myself a name ;) ).
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 5th, 2011, 11:04 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:One of the reasons that I love PBT is that we're allowed to be snarky, but not down right mean and nasty.

I've quit most forums, but my fav that I quit was the one where I could call people plenty of nasty names. Just saying . . . being able to be a douchebag is a good time.

(Wait, do I get kicked off for calling myself a name ;) ).

God, you're such a bitch...you would say that. :rolleyes2: :devil:

TheRedQueen

Postby TinaMartin » September 6th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Personally I love this forum. I can say its much less snarky than most. People come and people go. I do a lot of reading and not so much posting. While I dont really post much that can be considered conflict material, I dont really care if people agree with me or not. If people want to hate so be it. Do I agree with every ones opinion? No. Opinions are like backsides we all have one.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby DemoDick » September 6th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Good Lord, if you ladies saw what passes for perfectly normal interaction on the main board I frequent, you would lock yourself away from the Internets forever. Routine communication there is a bannable offense here, and we like it that way. We're men.

So what if someone calls you a retarded asshole? I've been called worse to my face and I'm still here. They're just words. No one can hurt you with words, unless you let them. Sticks and stones and all that. Who gives a crap what anyone thinks of you? Especially pretend-internet-friends that you've never met?

Internet BB's are going the way of the Drive-In theater, and it has everything to do with Facebook. It does the same job faster, more efficiently, and with a more user friendly interface, especially with a smartphone app. Time marches on.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby mnp13 » September 6th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Actually, FB allows people to avoid all conflict. As soon as you don't like what someone has to say, you can hide their news feed, so that they don't know that you are ignoring them.

Forums are like real life, you can't control everyone you come in contact with, and there are differing opinions, sometimes disagreements break out, and you have to deal with people you don't like. FB allows people to make little utopias of harmony, it's easier, therefore far more attractive.

However this:
Especially pretend-internet-friends that you've never met?

I strongly disagree with, dear husband... as you were once an internet-friend that I had never met. As was one of my bridesmaids, and a good number of guests at our wedding.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 6th, 2011, 9:43 pm

mnp13 wrote:As was one of my bridesmaids

:wave2:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2011, 10:15 pm

I'm just a pretend friend that you have met?

:giggle:

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2011, 5:58 am

DemoDick wrote:Good Lord, if you ladies saw what passes for perfectly normal interaction on the main board I frequent, you would lock yourself away from the Internets forever. Routine communication there is a bannable offense here, and we like it that way.

Which is great for THAT forum, because you all "agree" what is acceptable and non-offensive. (IF anything IS non-offensive there...) That isn't acceptable here. Have you read the rules/regulations? :giggle:

When I was on the General Hospital forum, I got banned DOZEN of times because Admin said, "You are allowed to critique the CHARACTERS but not the actors/actresses." I would say things like: "She is so over dramatic when she pretends to cry, that her acting is unbelieveable, even for a Soap Opera."

Now good luck with that comment from your wife. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Questions / Problems