Why was my warning about virus removed

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby Pit♥bull » September 1st, 2011, 7:22 pm

I don't know who removed my post about warning users about a virus issue. What a disservice to all the users.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 1st, 2011, 9:03 pm

Hmmm...

Calling out the staff for something that you don't approve of. Interesting.

Next time you want to know why a BOARD decision was made, try asking - not lecturing, not calling people out, and perhaps through PM's.

Perhaps the staff member who made the decision will choose to respond to this post, perhaps not. It's not for me to say, request, or for you to demand.

And, quite frankly, I seriously doubt any of our members are dumb / naive enough to open a link on the profile of someone they don't know.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 1st, 2011, 9:30 pm

I removed it because as Michelle said, our members are not going to go randomly looking through the members list and find the people whose names are obviously indicative of spammers and THEN click on the random links in their signatures. You've been complaining of the spammers for quite some time now and this was just another passive-aggressive way of doing so because the staff isn't doing things the way you want. Nobody should be seeing ANY spam these days because the staff is busting our butts to keep it away from general sight. We've made a lot more work for ourselves, and are happy to do so, so you guys don't have to see the spammers. But we are only human and we cannot delete every single spammer as soon as they create a screen name, nor can we delete every single spammer we see who has a signature at the exact moment we see them. We're doing our best, Bob, we really are.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Pit♥bull » September 1st, 2011, 10:01 pm

Whatever you think Michelle, although it seems only fair to warn everyone of a potential virus threat.
I have offered and given my help via PM on may occasions mostly to no avail, Your board is losing users fast due to the slowdown and it seems to me that before long it will just be you and the spammers. :|
Good luck with the board - I won't be returning.

Happy birthday to: AlexDsers (26), Xromess67 (25), Reibiadep (25), coomAnofe (25), metacwwf (25), eveplinue (25), ylgingerz7 (24), codyevens (24), x5xrqaba1 (24), keesteteemy (24), IHWilmopoliv (23), unoreoche (22), blenseAppestE (22)

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I removed it because as Michelle said, our members are not going to go randomly looking through the members list and find the people whose names are obviously indicative of spammers and THEN click on the random links in their signatures. You've been complaining of the spammers for quite some time now and this was just another passive-aggressive way of doing so because the staff isn't doing things the way you want. Nobody should be seeing ANY spam these days because the staff is busting our butts to keep it away from general sight. We've made a lot more work for ourselves, and are happy to do so, so you guys don't have to see the spammers. But we are only human and we cannot delete every single spammer as soon as they create a screen name, nor can we delete every single spammer we see who has a signature at the exact moment we see them. We're doing our best, Bob, we really are.
Sorry Liz, I do know you and Jenn are doing your best, and I honestly know how hard it is to do the job with your hands tied.
Good luck and regards,
Bob
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 1st, 2011, 10:25 pm

With their hands tied? Seriously? Give it a rest.

Yes, you have offered your assistance many times, and you have been an invaluable resource for me more times than I can count. I have never taken that for granted. However, sometimes it seems that if I don't do what you suggest as soon as you suggest it, you take it personally. It's not personal, there are only so many hours in a day, and I have an extremely demanding job now. I do my best, as do the other staff members.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » September 2nd, 2011, 5:29 pm

I haven't been posting less because of the forum issues, I've been posting less because it's been really snarky around here and frankly, not that inviting or fun.

Just my two cents.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » September 2nd, 2011, 6:51 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:I haven't been posting less because of the forum issues, I've been posting less because it's been really snarky around here and frankly, not that inviting or fun.

Just my two cents.

This ^^^

and because of this, no one sticks around that's new, and no regulars are posting anymore. So when I do post things, it's ignored, or unseen. So I post it on FB instead... :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2011, 8:02 pm

I have been posting MORE because I like talking to myself. And very soon I am sure I will get a new coffee maker for hitting 10,000 posts. :neener:

As for this thread, I think it is ridiculous. :rolleyes2:

Michelle, Jenn and Liz are OBVIOUSLY the reason people aren't posting as much. Afterall, Michelle owns it and Jenn and Liz are suppose to moderate it. It has nothing to do with people's schedules change during summer or that new fly-by-night fad called Facebook. :)

While we are at it, I bet those Welcome Waggers aren't welcoming the newbies enough, so that is why they don't jump right in and post. :doh:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 2nd, 2011, 8:10 pm

I am rooting for you to get that toaster :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2011, 8:12 pm

Um...I am over the toaster. I want a new coffee maker.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 2nd, 2011, 8:15 pm

You just want more people here for your birthday!! :wink:
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2011, 8:18 pm

Well, of course! :dance: If they throw a few bucks my way, all the better. :dollar:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 2nd, 2011, 8:24 pm

I see by your signature you want to be an administrator here :wink: :giggle:
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2011, 8:26 pm

I would make a GREAT Admin! Everyone that posts would get a homemade cookie!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 2nd, 2011, 8:38 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I would make a GREAT Admin! Everyone that posts would get a homemade cookie!

You almost had my vote but I have to pass on the cookies. :wink:
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » September 2nd, 2011, 9:04 pm

I think you're gonna be in trouble, Missy. You took the thread off topic. If I was Admin, I would let you though. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 2nd, 2011, 9:08 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I think you're gonna be in trouble, Missy. You took the thread off topic. If I was Admin, I would let you though. :)

Trying to make up for offering the cookies now, aren't you?

I didn't understand this thread to start with :?
madremissy

Postby TheRedQueen » September 2nd, 2011, 10:03 pm

Missy...it's all talk about that pressed meat stuff that comes in a can. When we were growing up my dad would fry it while we were camping. It's nasty stuff.

(kindoflikejoyce'scookies)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » September 3rd, 2011, 7:01 am

:topic: As I ALWAYS do....

I found this research on Facebook stats. It was from Jan. 2009. Again, to prove my point (whatever it was) :wink: FB has taken a lot of the social communication away from forums. Ironically I couldn't find any stats on forums. While it could just be my googling skills, or lack of them, it appears FB is rather popular. 8)

200,000,000 – number of active users

100,000,000 - number of users who log on to Facebook at least once each day

170 - number of countries/territories that use Facebook

35 - number of different languages used on Facebook

2,600,000,000 – number of minutes global users in aggregate spend on Facebook daily

100 – number of friends the average user has

700,000,000 – number of photos added to Facebook monthly

52,000 – number of applications currently available on Facebook

140 - number of new applications added per day

http://thefuturebuzz.com/2009/01/12/soc ... ers-stats/
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Next

Return to Questions / Problems