GUESS WHAT!!!

Postby pitsnok » August 13th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Tomorrow we are taking Boss for a play date with Ollie and to see if he would be a good fit PERMANENTLY!!!!!
I am freaking out with excitement (though making sure not to get me hopes too far up!)

Long story short, I ran into Robin, (ollie's owner) last week and she didnt realize that we weren't necessarily wanting to keep Boss--if of course the perfect opportunity arose. And she has pretty much said that as long as he is good with Ollie and her grandkids, she would love to adopt him.

SO, tomorrow we are having a trial day, so keep your fingers crossed for us! I couldn't honestly even dream up such a perfect ending for him!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 13th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Good luck to Boss! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » August 13th, 2011, 11:44 pm

Good luck !!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby furever_pit » August 14th, 2011, 1:02 am

Good luck!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 14th, 2011, 8:54 am

Coooool! Good luck!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitsnok » August 14th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Well...unfortunately we're not going to let boss go to ollie's home. I haven't told robin yet, but I just can't on my own good conscience let him. Her daughter and grandkids are living with her right now, and her four year old grandson is really high-energy...boss did really well with him, just followed him around and watched him, but I just think it's too big of a risk...the kid was wild. Also, Ollie didn't seem too thrilled about having boss there. They pretty much ignored each other, but it wasn't very reassuring. Ollie is still the same crazy goofy guy which is another thing that makes me think it wouldn't be right for boss. It works for Ollie. And he is happy and thriving but i believe boss needs a lot more maintenance.

So I'm a little discouraged, but now I'm much more comfortable with tr idea of him finding a home. I think I'm going to re-contact a couple of rescues about doing a petfinder listing for me. Seeing Ollie in his own place with his own people made me really want it even more for boss.

I'm just nervous now about having to let her down. :(

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 14th, 2011, 10:56 pm

You should be extremely proud of your decision. Sounds like it's the best thing for everyone. :)

Good luck on finding him a home.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 15th, 2011, 7:04 am

Brittany, I have learned one important thing in my 54 years here: TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. "Where there is smoke, there is fire."
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitsnok » August 16th, 2011, 1:22 am

Thanks guys. I am proud that we were able to make the decision despite how badly we want boss to have his own home. I still haven't told robin. Today was her daughter And grandson's birthday so I thought it would be best to wait until tomorrow. I know she will understand, but I am still dreading having to tell her...wish me luck!

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » August 16th, 2011, 2:42 am

If you tell her your concern is her grandchildren and their safety, I can't see her being mad - what Grandma wouldn't appreciate that? :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » August 16th, 2011, 6:07 am

Malli wrote:If you tell her your concern is her grandchildren and their safety, I can't see her being mad - what Grandma wouldn't appreciate that? :)

Very true. :) Put the emphasis on Boss as the reason.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » August 16th, 2011, 10:34 am

iluvk9 wrote:
Malli wrote:If you tell her your concern is her grandchildren and their safety, I can't see her being mad - what Grandma wouldn't appreciate that? :)

Very true. :) Put the emphasis on Boss as the reason.

Good advice-- it's not that the kids are too wild, but that Boss can't handle high energy kids.

Good luck. I'm sure it'll be fine.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby pitsnok » August 16th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Thank goodness, she was completely understanding. She even said she had been thinking the same since we were there.

PHEW!

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » August 17th, 2011, 2:31 am

there you go! ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Rescue