Our graduate :)

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby amalie79 » August 5th, 2011, 10:44 am

River took her CGC last night... and we failed spectacularly lol

The first test item is to hold a sit while a "friendly stranger" approaches and asks to greet her. That stinker popped up immediately. She's been perfect every time we practice. She's, in fact, been perfect on 9 of the 10 items even off-leash, her weakness being supervised separation. A friend has been coming over to help, but stood me up this week when it was crunch time. That was kind of a bummer and I think put me in a more stressful frame of mind-- I'd say I bear more than half the responsibility for our showing :rolleyes2: .

But she totally worked it as long as we were moving around, 100% focused on me and doing her job. :mrgreen: This bodes VERY well for rally-o, which we start in 2 weeks. Greeting a new person and a new dog was just too much excitement.

But she graduated from the advanced class, and was a star especially considering her "home-schooling" :wink: She took one fairly worthless basic obedience class 2 years ago with a different trainer, but other than that it's been just us-- all the other dogs in the class were young and had taken a puppy or basic class with the trainer. My step-daughter's been coming to the classes, too, and she's been developing a great relationship with River and polishing her clicker timing. I'm really proud of them both!! :dance:

"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » August 5th, 2011, 12:38 pm

yay River!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
"You didn't know of the magical powers of the break stick? It's up there with genies and Harry Potter as far as magic levels go." SisMorphine 01/07/07

Postby iluvk9 » August 5th, 2011, 10:36 pm

amalie79 wrote:River took her CGC last night... and we failed spectacularly

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That ending just cracked me up!!!! LMAO

But she graduated from the advanced class, and was a star especially considering her "home-schooling....

GOOD FOR HER!!! AND YOU!!! :confetti:
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » August 6th, 2011, 12:16 pm

That line cracked me up too. :)

Congrats on the rest though. Better than us, Kinzyl wouldn't get past the sitting still to say hello to a stranger. Her but would be wiggling all over the place.
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 6th, 2011, 12:35 pm

GO River! Cute photo!! :D
Devoutly Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members