Life is so crazy

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 1st, 2011, 7:06 pm

Hi everyone. I haven't been around for a while. I have been depressed and confused and dealing with a relationship ending after 12 years. I'm left here on my own now with the dogs and Twitch and it has been a struggle. It's hard fulfilling everyone's needs and working 8 hours a day. Especially Twitch... he demands so much attention to be happy and he's been really difficult for me lately. I feel so badly because it's not his fault.

But on a happy note, I have been talking with a very caring guy who is helping my heart to feel a lot better after this whole break up. The difficult part though-- I'm still here alone and lonely because he is 2,000 miles away on active duty in Iraq. Ahh, such is life.

So, I wanted to drop in and say hi. Some of you have checked in on me and I appreciate it.

And-- HAPPY WEDDING CONGRATS TO MICHELLE AND DEMO!!! Love the photos. :D
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 1st, 2011, 8:19 pm

Really glad to see you back. It's never easy when a long relationship ends, even when there aren't animal children involved. Sounds like you're about to get it all under control. :hug3:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Pit♥bull » August 1st, 2011, 8:21 pm

hugapitbull wrote:Really glad to see you back.
X2
Don't be a stranger :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 1st, 2011, 8:40 pm

Thanks to you both. I love my pit bull friend support group. :)
I'm gonna head over an post new photos of the crew.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 1st, 2011, 10:32 pm

Sorry to hear about the breakup... it's never easy, even when it's the "right" thing. I'm glad you're starting to feel better though!

And it's good that you are rebuilding a support system... got any pics of the man in uniform? lol

Now that you're on the mend, try to stay around, we're an awesome group!

HAPPY WEDDING CONGRATS TO MICHELLE AND DEMO!!! Love the photos

Thanks!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 1st, 2011, 10:46 pm

mnp13 wrote:And it's good that you are rebuilding a support system... got any pics of the man in uniform? lol

Sure, I'll share. :mrgreen:
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 1st, 2011, 10:53 pm

Nice! ;)

So sorry you're going through such a rough time...glad you've got someone that's there for you.

Don't be such a stranger now...we need to see more pics of *everyone*. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitsnok » August 1st, 2011, 11:54 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup, but Michelle said it so well... even when it's right, it still really sucks!

On the other hand, it looks like new guy is quite the stud! Congrats on that! I hope he is really good to you and treats you well.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 2nd, 2011, 6:02 am

Thanks everyone. The support means a lot. I'm going to ramble since I haven't talked about this a whole lot.

Yes, the breakup has been rough for me. Phil and I started dating when I was just a baby-- still in high school. So, we have been together my entire adult life. I am now 29 and feel like I'm starting at point zero. It's really weird.
Funny how once you're OUT of the relationship you can look back at it from the outside with so much more clarity. It seems I have all the classic symptoms of being in a nonproductive relationship for too long. But now I can see I'm worth so much more than that. I really just can't wait for the heartache to be gone. I mean, luckily this didn't end on a severely bad note and Phil and I are on good terms, I guess you could say. He left and went to Minneapolis and I think him being gone gone helps my situation. So, in short, I still feel a little like I have a gaping head wound.
But definitely nothing has helped me through this more than talking to Joe. He jumped in to be my distraction just when I needed it. I allowed myself a couple of months to hurt over the breakup and now I am starting to feel the upswing. I've known him for probably about 8 years and there are so many things I admire about him. He's happy to be my distraction for now and I can be his while he's over in that shithole. We'll see how that works.

I'm sure things all fall apart and fall back together for a reason, and we just need to hold on to the things we know are real.

Thanks for the vent. Missed you guys.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 2nd, 2011, 7:05 am

I went through a very similar situation...so I feel your pain. But I'm way more happy now, than I thought I'd be...so I wish you the same!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby madremissy » August 2nd, 2011, 9:54 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote: I'm sure things all fall apart and fall back together for a reason, and we just need to hold on to the things we know are real.

I am sorry you have been going through such a rough time. But as you stated above there are things in life that happen for a reason and lessons to be learned. You have definitely been missed. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » August 2nd, 2011, 11:08 am

:hug3: Sorry you're going through so much. (What a hot new cutie though!!) :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » August 5th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Welcome back! :wave2:

I am sorry for the breakup, as they are always hard, no matter what the cirumstances.

Your new friend is...well.... dreamy!! :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » August 12th, 2011, 12:01 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Thanks everyone. The support means a lot. I'm going to ramble since I haven't talked about this a whole lot.

Yes, the breakup has been rough for me. Phil and I started dating when I was just a baby-- still in high school. So, we have been together my entire adult life. I am now 29 and feel like I'm starting at point zero. It's really weird.
Funny how once you're OUT of the relationship you can look back at it from the outside with so much more clarity. It seems I have all the classic symptoms of being in a nonproductive relationship for too long. But now I can see I'm worth so much more than that. I really just can't wait for the heartache to be gone. I mean, luckily this didn't end on a severely bad note and Phil and I are on good terms, I guess you could say. He left and went to Minneapolis and I think him being gone gone helps my situation. So, in short, I still feel a little like I have a gaping head wound.
But definitely nothing has helped me through this more than talking to Joe. He jumped in to be my distraction just when I needed it. I allowed myself a couple of months to hurt over the breakup and now I am starting to feel the upswing. I've known him for probably about 8 years and there are so many things I admire about him. He's happy to be my distraction for now and I can be his while he's over in that shithole. We'll see how that works.

I'm sure things all fall apart and fall back together for a reason, and we just need to hold on to the things we know are real.

OMG this breaks my heart but I am glad you are standing on your own and moving on. I will miss my Phil but HELLO JOE!!!! :yum:

Be careful though my sweet, don't rush in to anything just to fill the void. I did that years ago and left a path of destruction behind when I realized what I was doing. Luckily the guy I hurt ( who actually was and still is a dear friend) is now happier than I could have ever made him.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 13th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Debby, thanks so much for your advice. I'm a pretty cautious girl by nature and I don't feel like I'm rushing into anything at all.
I'm just choosing to enjoy myself right now and take ME time-- time to notice and appreciate all of the wonderful, beautiful things around me. Being single is such a new and exciting thing-- like a study in the psychology and behavior of the human being. I am so much more perceptive of the goings on around me. :D
Hindsight is a very weird thing... I feel like I spent much time in a non-productive relationship. Of course it wasn't all bad, but now that I'm out I can really focus on me. I'm re-learning a lot about myself.... and I'm one awesome chick!!

Love you guys and all of your care, concern and support.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 13th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Well, you know... There are some really fun people who go to the DSO every year. Maybe a certain single chick should come out and have a great weekend!! ;-)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 15th, 2011, 6:31 pm

mnp13 wrote:Well, you know... There are some really fun people who go to the DSO every year. Maybe a certain single chick should come out and have a great weekend!! ;-)

OOOH!!! Thank you for the reminder. I'll see if I can figure out a way to at least come for a little while. :D
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 15th, 2011, 6:39 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:
mnp13 wrote:Well, you know... There are some really fun people who go to the DSO every year. Maybe a certain single chick should come out and have a great weekend!! ;-)

OOOH!!! Thank you for the reminder. I'll see if I can figure out a way to at least come for a little while. :D

Yea! Great idea! :dance:

TheRedQueen

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » August 15th, 2011, 8:48 pm

What time are the festivities?
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 15th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Starts at 9:30 on both Saturday and Sunday.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Off-Topic