HOW did this happen?!?!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2011, 5:48 am

I found a SLUG on the wall in the dog den!!! Not a bullet slug, but a slimey, slow crawling slug. :puke:

The den is locked at night (like they could open a door handle that wasn't locked :giggle: no open windows, no doggie-door anymore :rolleyes2: and slugs crawl like .000000000005 miles per year.

So HOW THE HELL did he get in????? :x

I am so grossed out, I will have to sell the house. Missy, I am coming to Georgia tomorrow.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » July 21st, 2011, 5:53 am

iluvk9 wrote:I am so grossed out, I will have to sell the house. Missy, I am coming to Georgia tomorrow.

That is going to be one LONG drive to work every day. :|

I'm guessing it came in on one of the dogs? Or the cat thought it was a toy?
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2011, 6:10 am

But the dogs don't sit long enough for a slug to climb on them, and I can't imagine them not feeling the slimey thing on them. :| It is like 3" long when "crawling" around.

Unless one of you come up with a logical answer for me, I will be packing soon. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 21st, 2011, 7:19 am

He knocked on the door politely, and the dogs invited him in for tea and biscuits.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2011, 7:58 am

TheRedQueen wrote:He knocked on the door politely, and the dogs invited him in for tea and biscuits.

I can see Truman doing that.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 21st, 2011, 10:20 am

iluvk9 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:He knocked on the door politely, and the dogs invited him in for tea and biscuits.

I can see Truman doing that.

See, the only thing you have to worry about is Truman's manners. He's just too darn nice!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Tubular Toby » July 21st, 2011, 12:02 pm

I once lived in a little rinky dink house and if I didn't find a slug everyday on my kitchen floor, it was shocking. They were smaller slugs, though, not the huge ones. In my last house, I found two big, three inchers within a year.

They are gross. But you don't know gross until you step on one barefoot... Happened to me in the middle of the night once. Wear your slippers, Joyce! ;)
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2011, 12:21 pm

Tubular Toby wrote: Wear your slippers, Joyce! ;)

Oh Lordie!! I never thought of squishing them under my feet. :shocker:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » July 21st, 2011, 1:06 pm

might have been a dog who brought one in thinking it'd be tasty.

There is a dog at work who is a slug licker, and their natural defenses, well, they don't stop her and I have to wipe congealed slug slime off of and from the inside of her mouth. Maybe Truman thought it was an acorn? :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2011, 1:57 pm

Malli wrote:might have been a dog who brought one in thinking it'd be tasty..... Maybe Truman thought it was an acorn? :|

Never thought of one of them carrying in it, in their mouth. :shock: I would also agree, Truman would be the logical choice.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » July 21st, 2011, 2:42 pm

Malli wrote:might have been a dog who brought one in thinking it'd be tasty.

There is a dog at work who is a slug licker, and their natural defenses, well, they don't stop her and I have to wipe congealed slug slime off of and from the inside of her mouth. Maybe Truman thought it was an acorn? :|

I couldn't even finish reading that without getting grossed out :puke:

AND STEPPING ON ONE :shocker: really gave me the heebie jeebies.

I will tell Travis to leave you a key. I will be home next Monday. Kinzyl will be waiting on you. :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Pit♥bull » July 21st, 2011, 3:11 pm

Just put a little salt on the slug, it will vanish into a puddle of slime. :P :puke:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Hoyden » July 21st, 2011, 3:11 pm

Diatomaceous Earth and salt kills slugs fast, it dries them out. No more squwoooooosh under feet.

Or you can drown them in stale beer, but make sure your dogs can't drink the beer. I put a neat little plastic mesh over the top. Let's slugs in, keeps dog tongues out.

Or you can adopt some chickens or ducks to eat them. Chickens lay eggs. I'm sure Truman would love boiled eggs. (You can make boiled eggs, right?)

Leave out dog/cat food to attract possums who will eat them.

OR you can build a little pond so you can have a turtle that will eat them. I'm not sure how effective a turtle would be though. Turtle racing for the slug vs. slug getting in the house. It might be a close race.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2011, 4:46 pm

Hello???? Bob and Noel!!! There was ONE slimey chubba on the wall in my den. I am not going to set up The Fortress of Slugs to keep OTHERS away. There will BE no more IN my home.

Right? :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hoyden » July 21st, 2011, 5:17 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Hello???? Bob and Noel!!! There was ONE slimey chubba on the wall in my den. I am not going to set up The Fortress of Slugs to keep OTHERS away. There will BE no more IN my home.

Okay. I just figured I'd give you some options to keep them OUT of your house & kill them if they somehow find some teeeny tiny crevasse to creep through.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Emi » July 21st, 2011, 7:19 pm

Hoyden wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:Hello???? Bob and Noel!!! There was ONE slimey chubba on the wall in my den. I am not going to set up The Fortress of Slugs to keep OTHERS away. There will BE no more IN my home.

Okay. I just figured I'd give you some options to keep them OUT of your house & kill them if they somehow find some teeeny tiny crevasse to creep through.

/shudders at the above thought!
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 21st, 2011, 7:21 pm

Hoyden wrote:Okay. I just figured I'd give you some options to keep them OUT of your house & kill them if they somehow find some teeeny tiny crevasse to creep through.

:shock: You live closer than Missy. Look for us in a few hours at your doorstep.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » July 21st, 2011, 8:57 pm

slug licker :mrgreen:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » July 21st, 2011, 10:05 pm

Hoyden wrote:Diatomaceous Earth and salt kills slugs fast, it dries them out. No more squwoooooosh under feet.

Or you can drown them in stale beer, but make sure your dogs can't drink the beer. I put a neat little plastic mesh over the top. Let's slugs in, keeps dog tongues out.

Or you can adopt some chickens or ducks to eat them. Chickens lay eggs. I'm sure Truman would love boiled eggs. (You can make boiled eggs, right?)

Leave out dog/cat food to attract possums who will eat them.

OR you can build a little pond so you can have a turtle that will eat them. I'm not sure how effective a turtle would be though. Turtle racing for the slug vs. slug getting in the house. It might be a close race.

:lmao:
This whole post cracked me up.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 22nd, 2011, 12:03 am

i haaaaaaaaaaaate slugs, they freak me out!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Next

Return to Off-Topic