The Grieving Place

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby HappyChick » March 16th, 2011, 4:37 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I keep calling Truman, Lenny....I run outside to see why Lenny isn't coming in this time....I look to see if Lenny finished eating....I come home from work and he isn't at the door to greet me.

:hug3: Joyce. Lenny is still with you, you just can't see him.

My grandson, who a psychic told us is "more sensitive" than other children, said the sweetest thing to me the other night. He was sitting on my bed and just out of the blue said "Vinny gets on your bed and sleeps with you at night, Bubbi. You just can't see him cause he's invisible." I love that kid.

I called Sunny "Vinny" last night when I was calling in the dogs from the backyard. That slip didn't make me cry, it made me smile.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 16th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Thank you, Angie.

I have to say, I, as well as many others here, are overwhelmed with the wonderful dogs we have just lost recently. I can't stop crying for us. Lenny, Trouble and now I read about Simon.

I wish I could find the words to comfort all of you, but I can't. I think it's because I can't see through my own tears right now.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitsnok » March 16th, 2011, 11:05 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Thank you, Angie.

I have to say, I, as well as many others here, are overwhelmed with the wonderful dogs we have just lost recently. I can't stop crying for us. Lenny, Trouble and now I read about Simon.

I wish I could find the words to comfort all of you, but I can't. I think it's because I can't see through my own tears right now.

:hug3:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » March 17th, 2011, 12:08 am

One from me too :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby plebayo » March 17th, 2011, 12:10 am

This month blows.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Jenn » March 17th, 2011, 12:10 am

Yes, yes it does..........
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby CinderDee » March 17th, 2011, 2:41 am

Jenn wrote:Yes, yes it does..........

I third that! :?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby HappyChick » March 17th, 2011, 9:32 am

iluvk9 wrote:I have to say, I, as well as many others here, are overwhelmed with the wonderful dogs we have just lost recently. I can't stop crying for us. Lenny, Trouble and now I read about Simon.

Joyce, your words have always brought great comfort to me. I just hope the rest of us who have been where you are now can comfort all of you with our words. ((hugs))
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby amalie79 » March 17th, 2011, 10:32 am

It's been a rough few weeks for everyone-- not just those of us who have lost a part of our families, but everyone else here who sees that and grieves with us.

March: Comes in like a lion... and blows. Hard. :x
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » July 1st, 2011, 4:46 pm

Thinking of Sofie today. I looked at our thread in the forum, I miss her terribly.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby hugapitbull » July 1st, 2011, 5:05 pm

I know how you feel Suzanne. I miss Trouble as much today as I did the very first day. Thank Dog for all their beautiful memories. :hug3:
Last edited by hugapitbull on July 1st, 2011, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » July 1st, 2011, 5:06 pm

plebayo wrote:Thinking of Sofie today. I looked at our thread in the forum, I miss her terribly.

I am sorry for your pain, Suzanne. :( I was looking at something on the forum and clicked on an older thread of yours, and there was Sofie's little face, looking at me. I got choaked up, too. She must have been watching down on us from Heaven at those moments.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » July 1st, 2011, 5:07 pm

As Joyce has said "I want my dog back" :(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amalie79 » July 1st, 2011, 6:13 pm

Some friends of mine had to let their old girl go this week and it's brought back so many memories. I miss my boy. :(
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 1st, 2011, 8:38 pm

amalie79 wrote:Some friends of mine had to let their old girl go this week and it's brought back so many memories. I miss my boy. :(

Ugghhh...I love owning them and wouldn't change that. But oh, the hard part is letting them go.

Someone asked me how many dogs I have and I finally choaked out..."three" instead of denying it and saying 4.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » July 19th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Packing and getting ready to move to the country, I went to the corner hutch where I keep Vinny's shrine. I started to cry as I thought, I wish Vinny was here to finally enjoy the country home I had wanted so badly for the dogs for a long time now. He would have had plenty of room to run and a brand new, sturdy fence to keep him safe. I so wish he was still alive to enjoy finally being able to run free again.

Then I thought...he is running free, and I smiled.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 19th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Angie, re-read your signature. They ALWAYS remain with us.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » July 19th, 2011, 3:23 pm

I know, Joyce, but it's not the same as physically having him with me. You know what I mean.

I made a special trip to the new house with Vin's shrine all packed up beside me. I put him in a special place there. I feel more comfortable knowing he is at the house now and the rest of us will be there soon too.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Canine Cancer