Aw, son-of-a...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby madremissy » July 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm

She is very cute and very lucky that you found her.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby homebrwd » July 18th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Her ears are fantastic. Sounds like she got left behind in a good place though. Hopefully if you decide not to keep her you can find her a good home.
homebrwd
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » July 18th, 2011, 2:44 pm

homebrwd wrote: Hopefully if you decide not to keep her you can find her a good home.

Oh, she is keeping her. :) She named her, took her to the Vet, took her photos.....Trust me, she is keeping her.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » July 18th, 2011, 2:56 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Oh, she is keeping her. :) She named her, took her to the Vet, took her photos.....Trust me, she is keeping her.
That's all the signs of a forever home... huh :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitsnok » July 19th, 2011, 2:10 am

oh my GAWD she is cute!!! and She reminds me of Marsha too... only a little less extreme!

Post more, post more!!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amalie79 » July 19th, 2011, 10:19 am

Thanks, guys! Her little personality is starting to come out...and she's s stinker! She does the usual puppy stuff, like runs off with the paper towels while I try to clean up her accidents or immeidately tears into the foam while I try to make their little makeshift beds...

She's also starting to show a little resources guarding, particularly against the other dogs, so we're keeping allt he toys and whatnot up and regulated and I'll start working with her on some of that. She's taken to the clicker like a champ, so hopefully, she'll start to get the picture!

River is really very unhappy that she's there, and it's only because the little one wants to play and River doesn't; and when Robin and Luna go wrestling and tearing through the house, they don't pay attention to where River is, so we're working on managing that, too. So far, if River gets put into the position to correct Luna, Luna pancakes and stays out of her way. The little one needs to learn doggie boundaries, and by the same token, we have to make sure nobody gets pushed to their limits. When she sits politely, she and River can hang out side by side and get treats.

Puppies are cute-- but they're tough... and she's smart, so she's gonna be a handful. ;-)
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby furever_pit » July 19th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Oh my gosh, those new pics show of her ears so much better. Dylan has made me a total sucker for bat ears, I love them!

She's such a lucky pup, it sounds like you are doing a great job. Seed ticks suck, I hated having to pull those off of dogs when I worked for the vet. Yuck!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby amalie79 » July 19th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Thanks-- her ears just kill me! I've been looking at pictures of basenjis with their wrinkly foreheads, bat ears, and long legs; Luna is already as tall as Robin. This girl is all legs, ears and wrinkles. Not that I'm completely obsessing over her mix...not completely, anyway. There was a German Shepherd mix in the vet's office yesterday that had the DNA test done, and was shown to be a Boston Terrier mix. lol So you never can tell, and it only matters to a point. But it's fun to speculate!!

I hate seed ticks, too, because I'm never sure I found them all. I remembered reading on PBT somewhere abut the Tick Twister, so I went and bought one and it was a life saver! She had them in her ears, between her toes, bites all around her rear end and other sensitive areas... Poor thing was a mess. But the hydrocortisone shampoo helped a ton, I think. Between that and the start of a round of antibiotics, her skin already looks a lot better.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk