Neighborhood dogs attacked Eli

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 17th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Got a knock on the door from a neighbor a little bit ago...apparently some idiots down the street let their 2 pit bulls get loose and they went after Eli(who was tied up in our back yard). Luckily Eli is fine other than a couple puncture wounds on his face.
The owner of the dogs did come down to see if Eli was ok and to apologize..

AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Malli » July 17th, 2011, 9:17 pm

aw man :(

Because those are puncture wounds, you may want to have those looked at by a veterinarian and professionally clipped, cleaned, and/or dressed. They could develop infection.

That just sucks. Poor Eli
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » July 17th, 2011, 9:19 pm

wanted to add, while I have a dog with some dog aggression, I'd still be raging mad, apology or not :cuss:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby madremissy » July 17th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Awwwwwwwwww Feel better soon my favorite black and white baby, :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 17th, 2011, 9:34 pm

I would be livid and demanding that they pay the vet bills to have those looked at. Holy cripes that could have ended very badly.

On a side note, this is why it's not a good idea to leave dogs out on tie-outs alone if there's no fence... :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 17th, 2011, 9:44 pm

I know it's not a good idea but i have no choice. still living with my parents and they refuse to let the dogs in the house and our fence got destroyed years ago in a storm. i do put the dogs up in their crates in the garage at night and anytime there is bad weather but otherwise they are on their tie outs.
just hoping i get a job here in a couple weeks then i'll have my own place and the dogs will be inside where they belong.

these people live in low income house so i'm not likely to get any money from them for vet bills...
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2011, 10:02 pm

So sorry to hear about this!! Will he let you treat the wounds? If so, warm salt water compresses will help them drain and keep them clean. Take a look at the "how to treat a dog bite" thread.

I know money is tight, but electric fencing is relatively cheap, perhaps you could run a couple of hot wires around your yard?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 17th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Yes i cleaned them and treated them after i took the pic.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby plebayo » July 17th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Ouch! Poor guy!

I second the electric fencing. I bet you could find a used charger online too and it's super easy and cheap to put up!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » July 18th, 2011, 6:22 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: POOR ELI!!! I am so upset over this!!! Two against one and Eli was on a tie! :x

I understand you have little control since you are living at home. Could you also make sure while he is tied out that you constantly check on him? I do that even with my dogs in the fencec backyard. When I hear anything I run like crazy out there and check.

Give your "black and white cookie" a big hug for me!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby homebrwd » July 18th, 2011, 6:29 am

Poor Eli, glad it wasn't worse but I would not be happy either. Fergus has been bitten twice in my neighborhood by labs and their owners got an earful from me.
homebrwd
Just Whelped

Postby TinaMartin » July 18th, 2011, 9:54 am

Poor pup! Give him lovies from me.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 18th, 2011, 10:15 am

iluvk9 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: POOR ELI!!! I am so upset over this!!! Two against one and Eli was on a tie! :x

I understand you have little control since you are living at home. Could you also make sure while he is tied out that you constantly check on him? I do that even with my dogs in the fencec backyard. When I hear anything I run like crazy out there and check.

Give your "black and white cookie" a big hug for me!!!!

I do check on them many times throughout the day but they are in the back yard at our other house across the street so I don't always hear what's going on.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 18th, 2011, 10:57 am

I applied to a job a few days ago that would allow me to make enough money to pay off my truck and save up money and get me out of my parents house for good. It's just a construction job but it's a long lasting one and would get me back on my feet so i can go to college next year and finally get myself on the right path. So if everyone could just keep me and the dogs in your thoughts and send lots of good vibes in hopes I get this job that would be greatly appreciated. I'm so tired of my dogs having to live outdoors, they deserve to be indoors again and spoiled rotten :)
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Pit♥bull » July 18th, 2011, 11:48 am

Hope this helps :) :goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 18th, 2011, 12:16 pm

You have my good thoughts for a successful future! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » July 18th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Lots of good thoughts from me too! :wave2:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Malli » July 18th, 2011, 1:23 pm

good thoughts, for the present, for Eli's healing, and for the future!
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » July 18th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Eli's face today..ya can't even tell he was in a fight :)
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Malli » July 19th, 2011, 2:56 am

nice cleanup job! Keep an eye on the puncture sites for swelling :)

He looks like such a good sport!
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk