The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby plebayo » June 22nd, 2011, 4:03 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Ugh...hope you heal up soon!

This reminds me...I met with a new cat-sitting client last week. He's a big swaggering boy, very friendly and confident. Came to me straight off for petting and sniffs. :dance: A very nice boy. Many cats that I visit hide and won't come out to visit me.

The owner told me in a worried tone, that she had to warn me that he's capable of hissing and scratching. He went to the vet, and hissed and scratched and growled. So the vet told her that she needs to warn anyone that the cat comes in contact with, that he could be vicious. I said..."well, any cat can...regardess of history...and many cats are like that at the vet, but not at home." She said that the vet told her..."no, all our cat clients are wonderful when they come in here, only this cat hisses and scratches us."

I don't know what kind of vet doesn't run across nasty cats every so often...and I've never heard of a vet warning the owner like this... :crazy2:

That vet sounds crazy.

I can attest to having a cat who is GREAT at home, but turns into an ass hole as soon as we walk through the clinic door. I mean, literally, his head spins around and he turns evil.

But I can draw blood, trim nails, and do whatever else I need to do at home.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » June 22nd, 2011, 6:22 pm

I hate men. Men who continue to play their video games in the middle of a pet crisis. That is all.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TinaMartin » June 22nd, 2011, 8:02 pm

mnp13 wrote:wow... the dress shop DIDN'T NOTICE that one of the wedding party's dresses didn't arrive with the rest of the shipment for the bridal party on May 26. They didn't get the problem straightened out until last week (their error, the dress was ordered and paid for the first week in February.) But don't worry, the dress will be here in four weeks! And for those of you counting, the wedding is in four weeks. AND to top it off, the shop owner repeatedly told the attendant NOT to tell me there was a problem!!!

Ummmm what if it needs to be altered or what if they ship the wrong size? That leaves you with no time and no options. Hoow does she not see this as important?
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » June 28th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Because she's an idiot...

and in other wedding rants...

Person A asks when the wedding is. Person A then says "I want to come, send me an invitation." Ok, fine. Invitation is assembled, including postage on the response card, and then sent out. We made every invitation by hand, and they were not quick or easy or cheap to put together...

Person A then never bothers to send back response card, and finally responds after multiple other contacts that they aren't coming. Seriously????

I understand that people can't come for a variety of reasons and that is not a problem; and we even sent invites to a couple people who we were 99% sure wouldn't be able to make it, but we wanted them to be there, and we wanted them to know it. But to ASK to be invited, and then not only not come, but not bother to send back the response card? Just... Plain... RUDE.

UGH.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » June 29th, 2011, 6:32 am

mnp13 wrote:Person A asks when the wedding is. Person A then says "I want to come, send me an invitation."

Her first breach of etiquette......
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » June 29th, 2011, 8:39 am

Honestly, I didn't mind that all that much. We had a tight guest list to start, but had more declines than expected. So we had room, but to ASK to come and then decline and not bother to send the response, so we have to chase it down? Because quite frankly, that's one person I thought was a "gaurentee yes" it was more like "call A and find out if they are bringing a date." And to add to everything else on our plates, now we have to conact more than two dozen people directly because we didn't get response cards back. Some people told us they would be very very last minute, and that's totally fine. But no word at all? That kinda screws with the whole "feeding the masses" thing.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » June 29th, 2011, 9:53 pm

So all of the people that told me that our flyball team was "too big"? Yeah, they all joined the same team...(the team that split off of ours last fall). Now they're HUGE (3-4 teams worth of dogs), and we barely have enough for two teams.

At least come up with a better excuse to leave...;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 3rd, 2011, 8:04 am

Crazy skittish cat got frightened in bed last night (I believe I shifted a leg or something) and launched herself over my chest, scratching my nipple and making it bleed in the process. Holy cripes does that hurt.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » July 3rd, 2011, 8:58 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Crazy skittish cat got frightened in bed last night (I believe I shifted a leg or something) and launched herself over my chest, scratching my nipple and making it bleed in the process. Holy cripes does that hurt.

lol...remind me to tell you the kitten vs. nipple story this summer sometime when we're together...it's not my story so I can't share it here! lol

sorry 'bout your nip...make sure John doesn't see this though...he'll have all sorts of helpful hints

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » July 3rd, 2011, 10:06 am

TheRedQueen wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:Crazy skittish cat got frightened in bed last night (I believe I shifted a leg or something) and launched herself over my chest, scratching my nipple and making it bleed in the process. Holy cripes does that hurt.

sorry 'bout your nip...make sure John doesn't see this though...he'll have all sorts of helpful hints

I'm sure "kiss it and make it better" will be top on his list! lmao
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » July 3rd, 2011, 6:21 pm

mnp13 wrote:
I'm sure "kiss it and make it better" will be top on his list! lmao

And you got it exactly. :giggle:

TheRedQueen

Postby copperlegend » July 5th, 2011, 9:58 am

I left town to see my best friend and her husband in Cleveland. Left early saturday, returned last night. The bf had to do 2 things - feed Kia and water my veggie garden. At least the dog got fed... looks like there won't be any peppers this year, and I really hope my tomatoes bounce back :(

But hey, he power washed the deck and went boating all day yesterday...!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 5th, 2011, 10:35 am

I'm sorry, Cleveland as in Ohio? As in where I live? And you didn't let me know you were coming???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby copperlegend » July 5th, 2011, 10:40 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I'm sorry, Cleveland as in Ohio? As in where I live? And you didn't let me know you were coming???

Liz! I was at the walk on Sunday!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 5th, 2011, 10:45 am

HA! I didn't know that was your name on here. I'm an ass. :wave:

pitbullmamaliz

Postby copperlegend » July 5th, 2011, 10:50 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:HA! I didn't know that was your name on here. I'm an ass. :wave:

Hehe, I'm incognito on forums ;) We had such a great time! It was nice to tire out Nadia, as you can see she is still full of crazy puppy energy. Pretty sure she was driving my friends a leeeetle crazy by the time we left! What a great crew you guys have.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 5th, 2011, 10:54 am

Nadia is darling! She is very much a puppy still! And it really is a great group over here, we're lucky. :-)

pitbullmamaliz

Postby SvcDogSawyer » July 5th, 2011, 3:10 pm

I hate women that don't understand that men have different ways of dealing with things during a pet crisis...like playing video games.
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby iluvk9 » July 5th, 2011, 3:35 pm

SvcDogSawyer wrote:I hate women that don't understand that men have different ways of dealing with things during a pet crisis...like playing video games.

Years ago I read a great book called Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. It basically said the same thing. Men handle things very differently and will often "go into their cave" and NOT talk about the situation. Video games probably weren't around then. 8) Women, on the other hand...well...we all know how WE handle things. :) (The correct way!) :neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 18th, 2011, 10:18 pm

This woman is on crack:

To babysit a child is $10/hour (that's on high note), all I'm asking for is for you to take my dogs out to potty and give them a few belly rubs. It'll take you about 30 min in all, if that. I pay $5/visit. If you're looking for more then I'm not the right job for you

BTW, I charge $15-20 per 30 min. visit...because that counts my time, plus my gas/time coming and going to your house.

TheRedQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic