THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » July 3rd, 2011, 8:02 pm

mmmmmmmmmmm....

those sound yummy.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » July 3rd, 2011, 8:54 pm

mnp13 wrote:mmmmmmmmmmm....

those sound yummy.

They ARE! :yum:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby TheRedQueen » July 3rd, 2011, 9:08 pm

I hate m&ms seriously...I don't get why they're so popular. My mom says it's because I shoved one up my nose as a kid. That might be the case because I hate cheerios too, and I shoved one of those up my nose too...as a kid.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » July 4th, 2011, 6:03 am

TheRedQueen wrote:... and I shoved one of those up my nose too...as a kid.

Glad you clarified that. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 11th, 2011, 8:36 am

I lost Pippin the rabbit this morning...couldn't find him where he usually hangs out. Turns out, he went up the entire flight of wooden stairs last night to hang with the cats upstairs. Silly rabbit.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » July 28th, 2011, 7:11 am

I have a new foster coming this weekend...because I don't have *enough* dogs for the weekend. A 13 week old pit bull pup that's been through 6 homes already and "bit" the baby in the last home. Yeah...I figured I was her last hope.

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » September 7th, 2011, 12:12 pm

I really wanted to be in NYC for the 9/11 anniversary. Is that insane or morbid?

I just listen to people talk and watch what little of the TV stuff that I can stand, and I've realized that almost everyone outside of about a quarter mile radius of the towers had similar experiences. I've barely even seen the footage of the planes hitting. We didn't see anything until the afternoon, and I had to avoid all coverage of it for years. But I'd like to be back there with the rest of the people who were there. At the time, I walked well out of my way to avoid the site... then after a few weeks I walked well out of my way to look at it. I left the city just under 10 years ago... but now I really want to be back there for this. :(
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2011, 3:26 pm

amalie79 wrote:I really wanted to be in NYC for the 9/11 anniversary. Is that insane or morbid?

I just listen to people talk and watch what little of the TV stuff that I can stand, and I've realized that almost everyone outside of about a quarter mile radius of the towers had similar experiences. I've barely even seen the footage of the planes hitting. We didn't see anything until the afternoon, and I had to avoid all coverage of it for years. But I'd like to be back there with the rest of the people who were there. At the time, I walked well out of my way to avoid the site... then after a few weeks I walked well out of my way to look at it. I left the city just under 10 years ago... but now I really want to be back there for this. :(

I would love to be there on 9/11, as would ALL OF FDNY. Unfortunately, they are not invited. No room.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » September 7th, 2011, 3:46 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
amalie79 wrote:I really wanted to be in NYC for the 9/11 anniversary. Is that insane or morbid?

I would love to be there on 9/11, as would ALL OF FDNY. Unfortunately, they are not invited. No room.

That is ridiculous. And sad. And crappy.

I just want to be in NYC. I miss it, even if it was a mess when I lived there. I never really thought about how much a part of me that day is, but being there-- the evacuation, what we saw and what we heard, the clean up, the aftermath, the change in the city, the skyline, the smells and the new attitude of every New Yorker-- changed the direction of my life 180º and it took almost 10 years to really see how much of it I carry with me all the time. We were two of the many hundreds, maybe thousands of people who were "supposed" to have been there that morning and weren't for whatever reason. We were lucky-- only evacuated, a little bit homeless for a while. When I talk to people here, it's all the same story of watching it on the news or in class. And for me, we were those people moving en masse up alongside the FDR, and there's no one here to talk to about it who knows what I mean.

I miss my old roommate the very most on this week every year. That was a helluva year together.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2011, 6:50 pm

I wasn't in NYC, and my son wasn't even in the FDNY Academy yet, but he was waiting for his number to be called.

Maybe because I am a New Yorker. Maybe because I have always respected police and firefighters. Maybe because I watched the towers fall on TV and thought it was surreal. 9/11 still makes me cry. This year I will be going to our local FD's memorial.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » September 7th, 2011, 9:09 pm

I certainly didn't mean to imply that 9/11 didn't affect people outside Lower Manhattan-- it changed everything for everyone all over the country. I just had I think assumed that everyone had a Very Different Experience of that event/day. Then I realized that most people had a more similar experience than I realized, which was very different from mine. All I had ever wanted in life was to live there. My apartment was about 3 blocks from the towers when I finally moved there, and this happened within my first 6 weeks in the city. It changed everything for me. I couldn't stay after New Years. I've found myself crawling under my bed when the fighter jets around here do maneuvers. I guess I want an outlet for how I feel about this.

And I always come back to the fact that so many people weren't as lucky as I was-- all the people I met who couldn't find their loved ones. The people who lost their jobs when they had families to feed. The men and women and families whose lives have changed or ended because of the wars.

I came out OK in the end.

I'm glad you are going to your local memorial. It's important to have an outlet for grief with something this incomprehensible.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 8th, 2011, 5:46 am

amalie79 wrote:I certainly didn't mean to imply that 9/11 didn't affect people outside Lower Manhattan--

Probably my writing style that made you think this...sorry, I wasn't saying that.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 12th, 2011, 3:37 pm

my confession is that I had a great confession, but I forgot it...I think I'm losing my mind.

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » January 7th, 2012, 11:22 am

I called my dog "that dog" today and reminded Adam that it wasn't my idea to bring her home :nono: :oops: :nono: . I'm pretty upset with myself right now.

I'm having a very hard time bonding with Luna; she's tougher than the others. She's resource guarding, chasing the cats (and nipping a couple when she gets them) and now she's chewing the inside lip of her varikennel opening. This is in addition to escaping her wire crate and having allergies and brittle nails and broken nails. It's constant management and training-- 2 steps forward, one (or three) steps back.

It could be worse. I know it could be worse. And she's smart. I'm just having a hard time connecting. Hoping a formal class and competing will help us. Sigh.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 7th, 2012, 6:12 pm

amalie79 wrote:I called my dog "that dog" today and reminded Adam that it wasn't my idea to bring her home :nono: :oops: :nono: . I'm pretty upset with myself right now.

I'm having a very hard time bonding with Luna; she's tougher than the others. She's resource guarding, chasing the cats (and nipping a couple when she gets them) and now she's chewing the inside lip of her varikennel opening. This is in addition to escaping her wire crate and having allergies and brittle nails and broken nails. It's constant management and training-- 2 steps forward, one (or three) steps back.

It could be worse. I know it could be worse. And she's smart. I'm just having a hard time connecting. Hoping a formal class and competing will help us. Sigh.

I have the same problem with Puzzle...I love her in some ways but those are outweighed by the ways I don't like her. She's seriously hard to deal with...and I joke that she's brain damaged...but I wonder. She's hard to train, picks up on things sooooo slowly and isn't easy to bond with.

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » January 7th, 2012, 8:57 pm

It would be easier if she could sleep in the bed with us or snuggle on the couch. But she's still restricted. And probably will be for a while yet. We have a lot of work yet to do. But I just feel sort of disconnected from her. :(

It would also help if some of her problems didn't make other problems more difficult to work on. Like the resource guarding is food and ME (and space around me)-- each separately, and combined they are a force to be reckoned with. I taught Robin to not chase the cats by carrying treats all the time and calling her off before she got to them. She has a killer recall and is totally non-plussed by the cats now. But with Luna, I have to be really careful about having treats anywhere. I know she could rock it with the right treats-- I had her sitting about 2 inches from one of the cats playing LAT today with zero problems, even when the cat moved. But unfortunately, I have to "stage" things a lot more than I'd like and it's taking time and making it harder to proof her behavior.

At least we start our first actual class tomorrow (she'd been going to practice sessions with me before), and then she'll also start training for rally with me, so hopefully we can get to a good place-- she really is smart and sweet. She's just a little too bold for my liking.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 2nd, 2012, 9:12 am

I complain about the foster dogs driving me crazy...and people responded on FB with..."well, take a break after these dogs."

Well...what a freaking good idea...but wait...I've been waiting since JUNE for them to be adopted, so I can take a break. So yeah...a break is in my gameplan...but obviously not in my immediate future. It's so helpful though for people to tell me that...because I really hadn't thought about TAKING A BREAK.

TheRedQueen

Postby call2arms » December 17th, 2012, 1:37 pm

I freaking love my dogs. They're just the bestest.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

call2arms
Boys Stink

call2arms
Boys Stink

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic