Attn: Demo Dick

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Pit♥bull » June 19th, 2011, 8:37 am

Bagpipes at the Funeral - :mrgreen:

I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Oklahoma back country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Apparently I'm still lost.... it's a man thing!!

Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » June 19th, 2011, 9:39 am

:giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » June 19th, 2011, 10:51 am

Classic!!! :D
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby DemoDick » June 22nd, 2011, 7:20 pm

Bagpipers: We put the "fun" in funeral.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby iluvk9 » June 22nd, 2011, 7:35 pm

That's because everyone is trying to look up your kilt. At least I would.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby DemoDick » June 22nd, 2011, 7:43 pm

iluvk9 wrote:That's because everyone is trying to look up your kilt. At least I would.

If you show up with mirrors on your shoes I'll be sure to go regimental.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby iluvk9 » June 23rd, 2011, 5:46 am

Well, thank you, Officer. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 23rd, 2011, 10:20 pm

There were bagpipes playing at the mental hospital as I drove by a few days ago. Sawyer perked up and thought about howling along, but we passed by swiftly. I was amazed at how far the sound carried...and I still don't know who was playing or why.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby DemoDick » June 24th, 2011, 1:42 am

TheRedQueen wrote:There were bagpipes playing at the mental hospital as I drove by a few days ago. Sawyer perked up and thought about howling along, but we passed by swiftly. I was amazed at how far the sound carried...and I still don't know who was playing or why.

Under proper environmental conditions the sound of the Great Highland Bagpipe has been known to carry well over a mile.

And I'm pretty sure piping at a mental hospital violates some human rights law.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby Pit♥bull » June 27th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Irish Bar Stool for Kilt Wearers Just for you Demo :shock:

fordemo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » June 27th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Pit♥bull wrote:Irish Bar Stool for Kilt Wearers Just for you Demo :shock:

fordemo.jpg

OMG... LMAO
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TinaMartin » June 27th, 2011, 6:20 pm

amazincc wrote:
Pit♥bull wrote:Irish Bar Stool for Kilt Wearers Just for you Demo :shock:

fordemo.jpg

OMG... LMAO

:doh:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 27th, 2011, 6:52 pm

:spit:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » June 27th, 2011, 7:04 pm

That's really funny! hmmm... now where to register for it...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » June 28th, 2011, 8:18 am

mnp13 wrote:That's really funny! hmmm... now where to register for it...

I was wondering if you were going to order one for Demo.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Off-Topic