Am I confused...

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2011, 12:00 pm

I'm sorry if I didn't explain well. We are training all the dogs dispite the NEEDS of their families as high as we can train them because we are trying to determine what their ability's are. Some of the dogs are designated to be therapy dogs but we are still teaching them as much as they will be willing to learn.

For the sake of example, Primo is a Psychiatric Service dog but he will learn to load the washer and he is taking cokes out of the fridge and opening/closing cabinets although these are not a necessary tasks for his disabled owner.

If you need in-depth information I can have PR contact you if you are writing an article about the owners and their needs.

How scientific of them. :rolleyes2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2011, 12:21 pm

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2011, 2:02 pm

If the pups are in forever homes, what are the donations going towards?

Erin

The training, materials, service dog organization development and management of new litters. All service dog organization function on donations as a non-profit org. I thought you were from a service dog organization? We also rescue dogs that do not go into the program and we foster them and help them find homes. Many people contact us about strays etc and we work together we are rescue partners and try to help when we can. Joanna

Joanna Noble
Director-Producer
K10 Project Reputation Rescue
310 936 6006

I just looked at your FB post and Please remove your "shady" comment, we do not deserve that. I'm shocked you would post something rude when we are doing such good. Most people don't live on FB actually and I'm sure you know that so it was unkind of you to take a cheap jab like that on a weekend you can obviously see you are working on our priorities. Besides in business 48 hours response time is acceptable and weekends are not included. I'm very saddened by your accusation that was clearly not thought through before posting. I personally don't sit in front of the computer because we are busy with the our goals. Please enjoy your Fathers Day. I would like to enjoy mine. If you don't like what we are doing please UNLIKE our page so you don't have to be bothered with our updates.

Can you tell I'm bored today?

And for the record, I told them that they were coming across as shady, due to the evasive nature of their responses.

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » June 19th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Well, they don't like being told what they know is true - that they are being evasive.

So, we've gone from "all of them are service dogs" to "some are pets, some are therapy dogs, some are service dogs" HUGE difference.

And they "graduated their CGC today"?? Seriously? That makes them all service dog candidates? Um... RIGGS has his CGC. Not exactly rocket science, and if I can name a dog who is completely unsuited for service dog work in every way, it would be my Mr. Riggles.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2011, 10:28 pm

They keep saying that they don't have time to write out long answers to me, but they keep writing out long reasons *why* they don't have time to answer my questions.

I'd accept the 48 hours thing, if they just didn't respond at all...but all of these posts telling me why they're so busy...yeah, it's shady. :|

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » June 19th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Exactly. If you're too busy, fine. But they seem to have plenty of time to say all the reasons that they don't have plenty of time.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » June 20th, 2011, 11:55 am

Just posted on their page again, asking for the source of the data for owner demographics. This should be interesting.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » June 20th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Hey Michelle! Im working with K10 and crunching numbers and writing field reports on our empirical observations so to speak.

So... it would seem that the "facts" on Pit Bull ownership are based on who they see with Pit Bulls. uh....
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » June 20th, 2011, 3:30 pm

mnp13 wrote:
Hey Michelle! Im working with K10 and crunching numbers and writing field reports on our empirical observations so to speak.

So... it would seem that the "facts" on Pit Bull ownership are based on who they see with Pit Bulls. uh....

This whole thing is making me twitch! So now they are experts on what dogs are Pit Bulls?
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » June 20th, 2011, 3:44 pm

TinaMartin wrote:This whole thing is making me twitch!

:spit: :lmao:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 20th, 2011, 6:59 pm

John called them today, and had a very nice long (albeit, false) conversation about getting a Service Dog from them. They really aren't training service dogs, they don't know how or what service dogs do, and told him that they couldn't help him. But she was very nice, and did return the phone call. He must have talked
to her for a good 30 minutes...the whole time he kept mouthing "bullshit" to me.

TheRedQueen

Postby furever_pit » June 20th, 2011, 11:30 pm

For real?
I am baffled.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitsnok » June 21st, 2011, 7:56 pm

So sad what a little bit of ignorance can do, ya know?
The goal is respectable, obviously... but man...talk about using the wrong means!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 21st, 2011, 8:52 pm

So they apparently took me off of their page, as I had to like it all over again today. ;)

I love this part on their FB info section:

Currently, the primary owners of bully breed dogs are very low income and very high income and so the programs are designed to reach a middle class target market so that the middle class perception will change and that mass market will begin to consider bully breed dogs as adoptable. Their perception will change because we will show them good dogs doing good for humanity. There are few places in the middle class where these dogs can exist due to breed bans and ordinances...their world is shrinking everyday...if more good people own them there will be more openness to their true nature and goodness.
Good People raise Good Dogs

TheRedQueen

Postby furever_pit » June 21st, 2011, 9:04 pm

Wait. I'm rich???
Or did she just call me poor?
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 21st, 2011, 9:07 pm

furever_pit wrote:Wait. I'm rich???
Or did she just call me poor?

HA! I guess I'd fall under low income...does this mean I can get food stamps?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TinaMartin » June 21st, 2011, 9:16 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:So they apparently took me off of their page, as I had to like it all over again today. ;)

I love this part on their FB info section:

Currently, the primary owners of bully breed dogs are very low income and very high income and so the programs are designed to reach a middle class target market so that the middle class perception will change and that mass market will begin to consider bully breed dogs as adoptable. Their perception will change because we will show them good dogs doing good for humanity. There are few places in the middle class where these dogs can exist due to breed bans and ordinances...their world is shrinking everyday...if more good people own them there will be more openness to their true nature and goodness.
Good People raise Good Dogs

Ok dispite the fact that this whole thing has my panties in a bunch, this just adds supreme wedgie factor! Excuse me...I am a bully owner and I am middle class! :mad2: >(
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » September 6th, 2011, 7:50 pm

I keep up with this group via Facebook...one of the pups died.

Joanna Noble
Godiva passed today. Liver failure and we don't know what the exact onset was that caused it but she turned quicky over night when we thoguht she was improving. The doctors said there was no hope for her. One K10 Puppy has gone to heaven. It's a tragic day.

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » June 15th, 2012, 3:26 pm

I'm still on their FB feed...apparently two other pups have died too...one because of a bite situation, and another because she "wasn't responding to antibiotics after a cat fight"

TheRedQueen

Postby Tubular Toby » June 16th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Sounds like they're doing a great job.... :nono:
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk