Life With My Dog

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » May 30th, 2011, 11:23 am

So, I was thinking that we need a thread for all the day-to-day "funnies" of life with our dogs that don't necessarily need their own threads, but are too good not to share!

I'll start...

Saturday evening I went for a walk with my parents, their two dogs and Ruby and Riggs. My mom offered to take one of mine and I handed her Ruby's leash. She had her prong on because I figured power steering would make things easier if we had any issues. So I'm standing there with Riggs and my mom starts to walk away with Ruby. She planted her feet and wouldn't move. My mom pulled, and she just leaned backwards, giving my mom the famous "Ruby Death Stare." she wouldn't budge no matter what my mom tried. She was NOT taking a step until she was positive I was coming too. So I took the leash back walked about ten steps with her and then handed the leash over again. No problems. :crazy2:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Pit♥bull » May 30th, 2011, 12:28 pm

mnp13 wrote:She had her prong on because I figured power steering would make things easier
:lmao:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby call2arms » May 30th, 2011, 12:47 pm

I took the boys for a quick pee on the police leash this morning - the one with 2 clips on it, and you can loop it through a ring to make it a double leash - and Jack practically peed on Fortune's head. Bravo...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » May 30th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Lol

My parent's pomeranian, Drake, is infactuated with Ruby. He tries to SO HARD play with Ruby, she ignores him. Today she was laying down in the sun, and he was hopping all over, play bowing and barking. Again, she was ignoring him. So he lifted his leg and peed on her. So I "let" my mom give her a bath.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » May 30th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Riggs tried to piss on me last week.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby BigDogBuford » May 30th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Every time I dance, Dash barks at me. The Pony and The Twist in particular seem to get him going the most.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » May 30th, 2011, 4:15 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Every time I dance, Dash barks at me. The Pony and The Twist in particular seem to get him going the most.

Hmmmmmm.... I must have missed the video??!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Tubular Toby » May 30th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Toby walked out into the yard with my roommate's dog. Lifted his leg, and went to pee on her. He somehow ended up going right between her legs, but it was great. She just stood there like nothing was going on. I don't think she knew. :lol:
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 30th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Everyday is an adventure with Truman. That is all. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » May 31st, 2011, 3:14 am

There is something that is occaisionally amusing about a dog that takes himself much too seriously :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby copperlegend » May 31st, 2011, 8:34 am

We are in the process of relocating my veggie and herb garden to an area of the yard that we can barricade off so Miss Nadia the excavator can't dig things up anymore. Somehow, Kia got into the area but couldn't figure out how to get out. Nadia starts digging frantically at the makeshift fence to help her partner in crime escape, while Kia gave her the hard stare. If they were little kids, I'm sure Kia would be telling Nadia "Hurry UP! Before Mom sees us!" Of course, as soon as I came around the corner to see what all the frustrated "wuffs" were about, both tried to look innocent as possible.

Such naughty little girls.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby plebayo » May 31st, 2011, 9:32 am

For a while I was working on a 'Seth day' video just to share a day in his life but I've been lazy, so this thread is perfect!

Both of my dogs are chow hounds but recently LiLo got really sick from eating horse poop so she eats a lot more slowly now. I feed her first and then take Seth's bowl to the bathroom sink to fill with water because he sucks his food down. He was so fixated on the food this morning that he backed out the bathroom door [as I was coming out] and turned to his right and smacked his face into the door jam twice! He's a dork and is totally uncouth.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Hoyden » May 31st, 2011, 12:45 pm

Some days I wonder if the freedom a service dog gives me is worth it when Birdie decides that she WILL have my undivided attention and that I WILL stop what I am doing and give it to her or she WILL do something or get into something to ensure that she commands it.

I am trying to sew, she wants to continue to play after a 2 mile walk, 1/2 hour of flirt pole and a good long wrestle with a cop visiting the cop next door and nothing else will suffice. thank.you.very.much.

Shutting the door will do no good as she can open the door, there are no locks on our interior doors after Petey locked me in the bathroom and I fell after accidentally locking myself in a room, hit my head & needed stitches and Mark had to break a door to get me out.

Not one of the toys, puzzles, stuffed kongs, marrow bones or other busy things will do, so says the "Pampered Pit Bull Princess". Only my undivided attention will suffice. thank.you.very.much.

She has figured out that if I am using my portable commercial sewing machine that she can steal the pedal, if I am using Millstone, the industrial machine, she turns off the switch with her nose. She has also been known to unplug things to get attention. Like computers & TV's. A clear message that only my undivided attention will suffice. thank.you.very.much.

So I snapped on a leash, walked next door and asked the cop visiting my neighbor the cop if the Police Department would like a really super smart Detection Dog prospect that would be easy to train. He said Sure! and opened the passenger side of his running Tacoma with the AC cranking, Birdie jumped right in and promptly found the button to roll down the window so she could stick her head out.

He turned around looked at me and said, "I am taking her for a ride around the block and bringing her RIGHT back. That dog is too god damned smart to be a Police dog."

DAMMIT! To think that I would be able to get some work done this morning. :cuss:

I wonder how much a nice Jenny would cost?
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby amalie79 » June 1st, 2011, 10:21 am

I like this thread! :)

When River is demanding my undivided attention, she means it-- I have to pet her, WITH BOTH HANDS, and stare lovingly into her eyes. I cannot pet another dog at the same time, I cannot hold a conversation with another person, we mUST have our "moment."

My mother's dog stayed with us a couple of weeks ago, and Robin taught her how to play tug. I've never seen Robin play with another dog with toys, and in fact I thought she was guarding her toys before. But she growls a lot in play. She would pick up a tug toy, go over to Gypsy, and put the toy in Gypsy's mouth and back away slowly over and over until Gypsy figured out she was supposed to bite. Then they tugged all over the house. I nearly cried it was so sweet. :D
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » June 11th, 2011, 8:53 am

Sepp got TWO cookies from the mail man yesterday, which induced some wild zoomies through the yard, and up and down the front porch steps. He also smacked head first into the gate - hard! :shock: - because he thought the envelope in the mail mans hands *might* have been cookie #3. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » June 11th, 2011, 10:27 am

amazincc wrote:Sepp got TWO cookies from the mail man yesterday, which induced some wild zoomies through the yard, and up and down the front porch steps. He also smacked head first into the gate - hard! :shock: - because he thought the envelope in the mail mans hands *might* have been cookie #3. :giggle:

This would be my Scoots!
:crazy2: :mrgreen:
airwalk
I live here

Postby airwalk » June 11th, 2011, 10:30 am

Scooter is totally convinced that every bag, box or container must be a wonderful new treat for him. It can't be groceries, or fabric or yard stuff...it is for Scooter.

So if you actually want to be able to walk around without a Scooter between your legs huffing and puffing at your bag, you have to put it down and let him sniff until he agrees it really isn't for him. Damn time consuming I can tell you.

Doogie on the other hand has developed quite the excavation skills. He can dig a positively straight line trench across the yard, much to Mike's consternation, in nothing flat. It is uniform in depth and straight as an arrow...I'm thinking I'm going to rent him out by the hour to dig ditches. It's the least he can do!
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » June 11th, 2011, 12:55 pm

airwalk wrote:Scooter is totally convinced that every bag, box or container must be a wonderful new treat for him. It can't be groceries, or fabric or yard stuff...it is for Scooter!

My old dog, Elwood used to be convinced that ANYTHING coming out of a pocket was a treat. Or close enough to a treat. My ex-husband used to feed him kleenex all of the time...he'd keep one in his pocket (allergies)...Elwood would run up with delight..."TREAT!". My ex would hold out the kleenex for inspection, and Elwood would just gulp it down. :crazy2: I miss that crazy dog
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » June 15th, 2011, 12:01 am

Every time i try to work out inside Henry Paul circles around me and jumps up at me like he can't figure out what i am doing lol

i also no longer use a double lead to walk henry and sheeba together because sheeba has pee'd on henry's head several times!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby mnp13 » June 15th, 2011, 11:11 pm

We're having a full blown dog fight on the couch. Snarling, snapping, screeching, barking, pawing, scratching, the works.

Riggs vs... :|

He's so deeply asleep that I don't want to wake him up, as he seems to be in the middle of quite the battle. And, um, I'd rather let the sleeping dog lie. lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk