Job News

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby BigDogBuford » May 26th, 2011, 4:36 pm

A lot of things have been happening lately. Between Joxer and Dash and Buford and then add my grandma's death to that....well, it's been rough. Many of you might not know that I was injured badly at work back in December. I was dragged by a 125lb dog and tore my left deltoid and pec. I've been in physical therapy since and have been very limited at what I can do at work. While I *am* finally starting to feel better, I've been wondering if I might just be *gasp* too old for the job.

While not actively looking for a job, one fell right into my lap. I figured maybe the universe was trying to tell me it was time for a change so I decided to take the plunge and resign from Roscoe's and accept a job at my vet. They need someone to run their front desk and I think I can do a good job for them so I start on June 10th. My boss took it really well although I know he's bummed. I'll always think of Roscoe's as family and now I can refer lots of clients to them!

So it's exciting and bittersweet news. Change is always scary but I'm looking forward to a good challenge. I've also really missed working in the vet field.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 26th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Congrats on the job change!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Pit♥bull » May 26th, 2011, 4:59 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:just be *gasp* too old for the job.
You don't know old yet :P

Wishing you great luck with your new job :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby stompanato » May 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Momentum, has swung your way! I bet you're going to have a long stretch of good luck.
stompanato
Just Whelped

Postby BullyLady » May 26th, 2011, 6:36 pm

I think that sounds like a GREAT job! You get to see all the puppies and kittens without the physical portion of the job. Yaaaay!

I hope it works out really well for you! :mrgreen:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby hugapitbull » May 26th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Wow Jeanine, I didn't know about your injury. Hope your healing has been steady. Sometimes the good things just fall in your lap. Wishing you all the success in the world with your new job. :dance:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby BigDogBuford » May 26th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm actually really looking forward to a change. :)
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » May 26th, 2011, 9:47 pm

congrats!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Tubular Toby » May 26th, 2011, 9:57 pm

This is awesome! Keep us updated on how it goes, it sounds like a fantastic job.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby airwalk » May 26th, 2011, 11:33 pm

I believe that when you do the right things for the right reasons...you are rewarded. This is your reward! Something new, fun, back in the field you love...and less physical.

Congrat's
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » May 27th, 2011, 8:35 am

You are going to be awsome!!! Congrats Jeanine :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » May 27th, 2011, 8:47 am

Sounds terrific! Congrats!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TinaMartin » May 27th, 2011, 9:48 am

Congrats!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby amalie79 » May 27th, 2011, 11:08 am

Congrats! This sounds awesome!!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 27th, 2011, 11:10 am

GOOD FOR YOU!!! :confetti: And maybe you will get a bit of a discount on your Vet bills!! OR you can bring one of them to work if they need to be near you for a little TLC as they recover from stuff!:dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » May 27th, 2011, 12:04 pm

iluvk9 wrote:GOOD FOR YOU!!! :confetti: And maybe you will get a bit of a discount on your Vet bills!! OR you can bring one of them to work if they need to be near you for a little TLC as they recover from stuff!:dance:

The discount is very, VERY generous and one of the big deciding factors on taking the job. :)
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Off-Topic