Big B

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Malli » May 20th, 2011, 10:49 am

yay spoiling! I am so sad for him :( I have always adored him from a distance.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BigDogBuford » May 20th, 2011, 11:01 am

He's quite loveable. You should have heard the pathetic howling when I got to the vet to pick him up. You could hear it all the way from the parking lot. :dance:

He'll be running around with me all day doing errands so I'm sure we'll stop somewhere and get some more treats as well.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » May 20th, 2011, 5:09 pm

Is this a way of admitting Buford is spoiled :P Good for you Buford play it as long as you can :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » May 20th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Yes, Buford quite enjoyed his french toast donut!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » May 20th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Who wouldn't????? :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » May 20th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Got the histo results back. Of the five lumps removed it was just the one mast cell tumor and it was a grade II with clean margins.

Now I'm off to the human hospital because I just got a call from my dad and they aren't expecting my grandma to make it through the night. Can the universe just give me a break please?
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » May 21st, 2011, 1:24 am

aw :( If I lived closer I'd offer to help with your critters
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » May 21st, 2011, 6:16 am

Prayers sent for Grandma.

And continued good thoughts for Buford. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » May 21st, 2011, 8:46 am

BigDogBuford wrote:Got the histo results back. Of the five lumps removed it was just the one mast cell tumor and it was a grade II with clean margins.

Now I'm off to the human hospital because I just got a call from my dad and they aren't expecting my grandma to make it through the night. Can the universe just give me a break please?

Yea for clean margins and just one mast cell.

Good thoughts to you and your family.

(You really do deserve a break!)
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby BigDogBuford » May 21st, 2011, 8:52 am

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. Grandma is a tough old lady and seems to be holding her own for now.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Jenn » May 21st, 2011, 12:09 pm

Yay and boo at the same time. :( Glad she's' holding her own, continued thoughts for all of you!! :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 21st, 2011, 4:58 pm

Hugs for you and you big baby!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 23rd, 2011, 5:46 pm

How's handsome Sir Buford healing?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » May 23rd, 2011, 6:30 pm

How is everyone doing?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » May 23rd, 2011, 10:02 pm

Buford developed a seroma so we started him on some antibiotics but he's doing fine. Had enough get up and go to chase a squirrel out of the yard this morning.

Sadly, Grandma Tuttle passed away at around 5pm this evening but I was able to be there with her, as well as several other family members. RIP Norma Jean Tuttle. You were a great old lady and you will be missed.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » May 24th, 2011, 2:50 am

RIP Grandma Tuttle.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » May 24th, 2011, 5:39 am

Good bye, Norma Jean Tuttle. :(

As for Buford, chasing a squirrel is certainly a good thing.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 24th, 2011, 7:37 am

So sorry about your grandma. :( RIP Norma Jean...
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » May 24th, 2011, 8:03 am

RIP Grandma Tuttle

:hug3:

But yea for Big B!!!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » May 24th, 2011, 11:15 am

Losing grandma has been a very surreal experience for me as I've never lost a family member before. We have to go and make funeral arrangements today which none of us has ever done before. It's just going to be my two aunts and myself as none of the male members of the family seem to be able to deal with any of this stuff.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer