Joyce's Official "Random Thoughts" Thread

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » March 30th, 2011, 10:24 am

So, someone on fb who looked ME up (not the other way around) is a "breeder." According to her website, she believes in "quality not quantity" so never breeds more than two litters a year. lol

Big mean me asked if she was planning to get performance titles on her dogs, and she responded with "my only performance is conformation." uh.... not hardly. Now she and her friend are all upset because I questioned her and stated that responsible breeding is more than breeding air headed show dogs. But she's "thinking of trying weight pull."

The funny thing about the whole thing to me is that she contacted me because she wants to be in the calendar. I didn't come looking for her, and I'm not going to play cheerleader for her "breeding" because she puts boy and girl together to make pretty puppies. :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amalie79 » April 1st, 2011, 9:46 am

Our 1.5 hour training orientation yesterday lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes :o

I wonder if the hour long classes are going to run double-time, too!?! I'm ok with it, definitely getting my money's worth, but damn. I was hungry and I needed to peeeeee by the time we were done.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » April 3rd, 2011, 8:23 am

I now have a nuthatch that visits the bird feeders...he's cute.

The cats are really enjoying their "bird TV"
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » April 3rd, 2011, 10:01 am

mnp13 wrote:The funny thing about the whole thing to me is that she contacted me because she wants to be in the calendar.

1) How nice she thinks she is calander material. :)

2) Does she read PBT and know what the main philosophy of most of the members regarding BYB, overbreeding, etc.?

3) Two litters in a year? That poor bitch. (The dog, not the owner.)

4) Tell her I said NO to the calendar idea. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » April 3rd, 2011, 10:31 pm

1- I've had some requests to be in it, so I wasn't surprised.

2- I told her she had to be on the board to be in the calendar (yes, there have been exceptions to this, but it's something we try to stick to!) so yes, I would think she has been here. However, perhaps not.

3- I think she is referring to two per year from different dogs, but still, any kennel who is producing that many dogs without the kennel being a full time job is missing something. especially when they are just making pets. (ARGH!!!)

4- thanks! ;) lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » April 3rd, 2011, 11:22 pm

I am constantly miffed at people lately. I need to step away from the computer.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby SisMorphine » April 26th, 2011, 11:51 pm

When you're getting ready for bed, tripping and literally THROWING your glass on juice onto your sheets is NOT conducive to crawling into bed. Argh. Time to change the sheets . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » April 27th, 2011, 5:52 am

Are you sure you weren't drunk and peed in your bed, Alyssa? :popcorn2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » April 27th, 2011, 8:07 am

LOL nope not this time!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » April 27th, 2011, 8:49 am

SisMorphine wrote:When you're getting ready for bed, tripping and literally THROWING your glass on juice onto your sheets is NOT conducive to crawling into bed. Argh. Time to change the sheets . . .

wow...this completely sounds like something I'd do.

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » May 1st, 2011, 6:27 am

I am going to be an Aunt!

A Robin has set up her nest right out side my window and I have been watching her for a few weeks. My DIL gets the view from the bottom of the nest, since the tree is outside her kitchen. She has been watching the tail.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » May 5th, 2011, 7:08 pm

I think any day now, there will be eggs! She has been fanning her wings over her nest when she rests.

Oooohhhhh....I am going to name my nieces and nephews!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » May 5th, 2011, 7:27 pm

How exciting :dance: I haven't seen any of my regulars yet. I hope they come soon. I love the baby birds.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2011, 7:47 pm

My friend/neighbor has a robin's nest in the wreath on her front door...the mom flies out everytime I go over to let her dogs out...lol. Scares me everytime.

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » May 6th, 2011, 6:03 am

OK! I GOT THREE LIVE BABIES THAT I CAN SEE!!!

I guess the eggs were under her fat ass the last few days. :|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » May 6th, 2011, 8:36 am

Congratulations Aunt Joyce!!!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » May 6th, 2011, 10:19 am

Names?

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » May 6th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I figured....Michelle, Liz and Jenn. If there is another that seems like a big mouth, I am going with Debbie.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » May 6th, 2011, 3:35 pm

:nono:

lmao
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 6th, 2011, 3:42 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I figured....Michelle, Liz and Jenn. If there is another that seems like a big mouth, I am going with Debbie.

OMG that was awesome! I needed that! :hysterical:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic