Ethics or job?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » April 17th, 2011, 9:03 am

:giggle: Well, I did give Lenny the middle finger that one time when I couldn't get him inside and I have STERNLY told Harleybird I was NOT toasting his whole wheat bagel, so eat it as it is or skip breakfast.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » April 17th, 2011, 2:28 pm

LMAO
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » April 17th, 2011, 10:34 pm

iluvk9 wrote::giggle: Well, I did give Lenny the middle finger that one time when I couldn't get him inside and I have STERNLY told Harleybird I was NOT toasting his whole wheat bagel, so eat it as it is or skip breakfast.

:D
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby plebayo » April 17th, 2011, 10:43 pm

iluvk9 wrote::giggle: Well, I did give Lenny the middle finger that one time when I couldn't get him inside and I have STERNLY told Harleybird I was NOT toasting his whole wheat bagel, so eat it as it is or skip breakfast.

You're so cruel... :neener:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby call2arms » April 19th, 2011, 10:53 pm

I couldn't sell gold to a leprechaun, so selling something I disagree with... Forget it! I worked as a kennel worker for a while years ago, and did not agree with the trainer's ways. I left, because I felt like I was part of something wrong, and it made me feel horrible.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby DemoDick » May 4th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Everybody's got a price. Every "positive trainer" in the world would be selling prongs, e-collars and heeling sticks...if offered enough money. :)

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby SisMorphine » May 4th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Okay so I'm lazy and only read the original post. BUT . . .

I am a big anti-IFer, always have been, BUT when I was between jobs I was going for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and I even interviewed at IF. They actually really liked me, up until they told me that they drug tested. Now, I don't do drugs, never have, never will. And at that time I had also never worked for a company that did drug testing. So out of just SHEER curiosity I asked if the drug testing was a one time thing, or something they did on a regular basis while you are employed for the company. The mood of the interview quickly turned sour after that.

Note to self, don't ask questions about drug testing. It makes you appear like an addict. OOPS! LMAO!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » May 5th, 2011, 5:53 am

SisMorphine wrote:. So out of just SHEER curiosity I asked if the drug testing was a one time thing, or something they did on a regular basis while you are employed for the company.

Uh, yea...not so good.... 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby fenella » May 12th, 2011, 6:19 pm

I couldn't do it, and I think you know you'd be miserable if you tried.
I mean, I can't say there wouldn't be a point...many people have IF, and if it was a choice between (if I had kids) my kids going hungry or losing our house and doing that job, I may have to sacrifice my principles on it. I would hate every minute of it, but that would be the turning point for me.
I struggle with a similar issue. I have a website selling dog stuff, and one of my vendors (none of their products on my site) has IF stuff and e-collars available. The markup is huge, and they move like hotcakes online. (Wait...hotcakes wouldn't sell well online...but I digress.) However, I refuse to carry them. I am opposed to them and couldn't feel good about myself by selling them. I know some here choose to use e-collars, but even then I think most would agree that someone buying one online without the training for how to use it would be a VERY bad idea. I only will sell clicker training stuff and dog sport stuff. Not a lot of sales yet, but at least I can feel good about what I am selling.
I also agree with those who mentioned that it is very hard to sell something that you do not feel passionate about (or at least have a slight interest in). In college, I was a TERRIBLE credit card telemarketer. I always felt terrible bothering people, and the ones who I did sell to were usually the people who I knew were already in financial trouble. Not good.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Off-Topic