Insurance and my insulin

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Emi » May 3rd, 2011, 6:10 pm

Well, let's say I got some interesting news from my health insurance today. I ordered my insulin, and they told the pharmacy, that was the last time that they'd pick up that type of insulin for me. They want me to use another type. I have been taking insulin for 10 years now, and it took me 2 years of messed up blood sugar readings ranging from 300-400, to find the right type of insulin, and keep it down around 120. It's like they are playing god or some thing. Now what am I gonna do, have a Dr's appointment tomorrow.

Well we will see what the Dr says tomorrow. I just don't want to go threw outlandish blood sugar ranges again, it's no fun, might as well give up now if that is how it's gonna be.

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 3rd, 2011, 6:23 pm

That sucks. :( It's like they don't realize that decisions like this impact real people. Can you get it from a different pharmacy?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TinaMartin » May 3rd, 2011, 6:30 pm

I would have your doctor talk to the insurance company. They are not doctors and don't get to decide what works for you, that is your doctors job. The insurance company that my sister has to deal with has done things like that to her several times. She has been lucky in the fact that her doc makes sure it is taken care of the way it needs to be for her.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » May 3rd, 2011, 11:53 pm

It's good you have a Dr's appointment tomorrow - tell him what's going on. Your past history - even if it's ten years ago - should be enough "proof" that you need to be on what you are on. He should be able to submit paperwork.

Sorry you're dealing with this, I know what it's like...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Emi » May 4th, 2011, 12:04 am

Thanks ya'll for the support.

Michelle, he knows about the wacky blood sugar readings, i've had him as a doctor for almost 9 years. So basically he's been with me from the beginning.

Sure hope we can get it straightened out.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby hugapitbull » May 4th, 2011, 5:21 am

Good luck, Emi. These insurance companies are beginning to be a royal pain in the a$$. What is good for MOST is NOT good for ALL.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Emi » May 4th, 2011, 9:05 am

hugapitbull wrote:Good luck, Emi. These insurance companies are beginning to be a royal pain in the a$$. What is good for MOST is NOT good for ALL.

So very true Shanna ... and i'm not a typical diabetic. And why mess with some thing that you know is gonna work. I'm just pulling my hair out right now!
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » May 4th, 2011, 3:46 pm

I still don't know how a Heatlh insurance can tell you what type of insulin you are to take, and then on top of that decided that you have to use a mail order into them to get the insulin, do they have a Doctor degree? If so i'd like to see theirs. I'm furious
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Dukes_mom » May 5th, 2011, 12:58 am

That is some serious bs.

WTF is up with insurance companies being total dicks. Travis has been haveing problems with his being jerks too.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » May 5th, 2011, 5:55 am

How are you doing with your weight loss, Emi? I know that often has a big effect on the amt. of meds (especially insulin) that people need.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby DemoDick » May 5th, 2011, 8:15 am

Emi wrote:I still don't know how a Heatlh insurance can tell you what type of insulin you are to take, and then on top of that decided that you have to use a mail order into them to get the insulin, do they have a Doctor degree? If so i'd like to see theirs. I'm furious

They can't tell you what you are going to take. But they can tell you what they are going to pay for.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Return to Off-Topic