Snack time

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby amalie79 » April 25th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Chester the cat never misses an opportunity to eat some doggie snacks...and Robin has clearly figured out that some solid eye contact goes a long way with me. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Sltxozr9Q
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » April 25th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Haha that's pretty cute!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Jenn » April 25th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Funny :) What are they eating?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amalie79 » April 25th, 2011, 11:11 pm

That drawer is really hard to open-- it's the only place I can keep treats where Chester doesn't get into them. It's duck jerky, freeze dried buffalo, duck and potato biscuits, and regular old dog kibble. Chester will cut a dog for some treats. 5 cats and he's the only one who comes running when he hears the drawer.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » April 25th, 2011, 11:45 pm

amalie79 wrote:Chester will cut a dog for some treats.

:lol3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » April 26th, 2011, 5:51 am

That was great! I am sure when you are not home, they all sit in front of that drawer thinking, "Damn it, all she does is pull on it somehow and it opens!! Which one of us has hands here????" 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » April 26th, 2011, 10:16 am

iluvk9 wrote:That was great! I am sure when you are not home, they all sit in front of that drawer thinking, "Damn it, all she does is pull on it somehow and it opens!! Which one of us has hands here????" 8)

lol

The really funny thing is that when I lived in New York, my roommate had a 25 lb cat with thumbs (she was a polydactyl) who could open the kitchen cabinet doors. You could hear her working them open and rummaging around in there at night. My roomie also had a 4.5 lb chihuahua; I came home one afternoon to find the cat on the counter, mid-pantry raid and a giant box of cereal on the floor. The cat just froze in place. Then I looked at the cereal box, and very slowly a little blond tail and chihuahua body backed out of the box to give me a very guilty look. Turns out they'd been working as a team. :neutral:

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » April 26th, 2011, 5:00 pm

8) OMG, that is the BEST story!!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » April 27th, 2011, 12:40 pm

iluvk9 wrote:8) OMG, that is the BEST story!!!!

They were quite the pair. When 9/11 happened, my roommate and I were both home (we lived a few blocks from the towers). The whole thing was so surreal and we lost our TV and radio signals, so we weren't clear on what was actually happening; we were having conversations like, "Do I have to go to work today?" "Should I take a book in case we're gone all afternoon?" "I'll take a shower and then we'll decide what to do." And finally, "Should we take the cat with us? She DOES weight 25lbs..."

We finally decided to be on the safe side and take Kitten with us (yeah. her name was Kitten). We stuffed her fat arse into a box and put the chi on a leash. Got about a block from the apartment when the first tower fell; thankfully I didn't have a big dog-- I was able to swing her up at the end of the leash, catch her in the air and book it! We were part of that mass exodus walking along the FDR. By the time we got to Chinatown, though, the chi had gotten snippy with me and I was tired of dragging her around and getting my fingers snapped off. So we just crammed her in the box with Kitten. Now we're walking along, and an elderly woman who doesn't really speak English is walking against traffic, toward the towers. She stops us and starts giggling and saying over and over "Cat and Dog-- same box!" Our little sack of potatoes odd couple was way more interesting than what was going on. We kept trying to explain to her that she might want to walk the other direction, but she just kept saying, "Cat and dog! Same box!" :|

I really miss my cat and dog/same box. They used to both sleep with me at night-- puppy behind my knees and Kitten on my chest. :neutral: Cats and dogs together really are the best.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Return to Gallery and Cinema