Need good thoughts please.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SLS61185 » March 25th, 2011, 12:04 am

My mother-in-law called Mike this mornin and said one of his sisters was diagonsed with breast cancer. He doesn't know if she found a lump or how they found it.... He doesn't know how bad it is, either... She's supposed to go to France in a couple of weeks and he's not sure if they're going to start chemo and radiation and what not before she goes or wait till she gets back...

So, in other words, I don't know much of anything about it. Just ask that yall keep her in your thoughts (and maybe work some PBT magic).

Please and thank you.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » March 25th, 2011, 12:15 am

GOOD THOUGHTS headed her way. And to you, Mike and her entire family. :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » March 25th, 2011, 3:10 am

Lots of :goodthoughts: coming your way. :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Dukes_mom » March 25th, 2011, 3:53 am

Sending :goodthoughts:
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 25th, 2011, 5:21 am

Sending :goodthoughts: from Paris Street.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 25th, 2011, 6:40 am

So many :goodthoughts: from me & Inara...
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SLS61185 » March 26th, 2011, 1:23 am

Thanks yall :-)
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby airwalk » March 26th, 2011, 11:40 am

Sending good thoughts to your sister-in-law and your entire family
airwalk
I live here

Postby SLS61185 » March 31st, 2011, 4:06 am

Thanks yall.

He talked to his mom today and asked about his sister. They did a MRI on her and said that it doesn't look like the mass has spread yet, and that they should be able to go in and get it out... She is going to go ahead and go to France first, then when she gets back they are going to do surgery to remove it. I'm still not sure about anything else, yet. Will try and keep yall updated?
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » March 31st, 2011, 5:53 am

That sounds like good news, especially that they didn't suggest the procedure get done NOW.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 31st, 2011, 7:12 am

iluvk9 wrote:That sounds like good news, especially that they didn't suggest the procedure get done NOW.

x2 :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » March 31st, 2011, 5:43 pm

x3
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SLS61185 » April 21st, 2011, 1:14 am

Alright, well, I found out more news today.

Jean didn't know she had the lump. She went and had her mamogram done and that's how they found it. She didn't tell anyone about it for a week or so because she didn't think it was anything. Her Dr. wanted to do an xray to make sure and when they looked, it showed it was cancer. They said they needed to do a biopsy to figure things out. So, they did it and she went off to France for a week or so.... When she came back they told her she needed to have surgery and depending on how things looked would determine chemo and radiation or not.

So, today she had the surgery to remove the lump. There was just one... But they told her that it's much more aggressive and a little further along than they originally thought. They are going to go ahead and start her on the chemo and radiation. So, now we wait and see what happens.

With Easter, Mother's day and one of her sons graduating college and the other highschool(I think) this is going to get really stressful for her.

She's not really talking to their mom about it... She's telling two of his other sisters and they are talking to my MIL about it... Jean said it's too emotional to talk about with her mom. Also, MIL doesn't know about the chemo and radiation yet.... They don't want her to know about it right now.

So, please keep the good thoughts coming.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » April 21st, 2011, 6:02 am

As my Dr.told me when he found a suspicious lump: "Breast cancer is VERY treatable nowadays." So, we will think positive for her and believe she will be a survivor of the disease. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BullyLady » April 23rd, 2011, 4:00 pm

iluvk9 wrote:As my Dr.told me when he found a suspicious lump: "Breast cancer is VERY treatable nowadays." So, we will think positive for her and believe she will be a survivor of the disease. :)

So true, that and colon cancer have huge survival rates now!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby SLS61185 » April 24th, 2011, 1:40 am

Thanks yall.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TinaMartin » April 25th, 2011, 3:54 pm

More good thoughts from me and mine.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » April 25th, 2011, 4:08 pm

iluvk9 wrote:As my Dr.told me when he found a suspicious lump: "Breast cancer is VERY treatable nowadays." So, we will think positive for her and believe she will be a survivor of the disease. :)

Yup exactly!

Good thoughts for her. Chemo and radiation are rough on the body, so I hope she has a ton of support at home. Also, she should see if her hospital has support groups and/or classes. My mom's first round of chemo for her ovarian cancer was a group thing: a whole group of women who had chemo at the same time. They would have group therapy/question answer sessions, they would have people come in and teach them how to do make up while going through chemo so that it didn't look weird, they had wig trying on sessions, and after each round of chemo they would leave with a little gift (usually an ovarian cancer pin, or something of the sort). I think it was a wonderful program to have.

Also if she knows anyone else who has gone through breast cancer treatments, tell her to reach out to them. Talking it out with someone who has been through it before, who ISN'T family or super close friend, can sometimes be more helpful than trying to talk about it with family (as it can be emotionally draining).

So plenty of good thoughts, tell her to seek out some support services, and she'll fight through it and come out on the winning end. :heartbeat:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Off-Topic