Hello There!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Ostara_Kennels » May 11th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Hello.. My name is Pepper and I have 4 dogs...2 AmStaff's and 2 APBT's. I currently show in both AKC and UKC conformation and I compete my dogs in UKC weightpull events.. I hope to eventually branch out to Agility , Obediance and maybe someday French Ring. I enjoy being around my dogs and doing stuff with my dogs.. I try to support the fight against BSL in as many ways as I possibly can and I try to provide as much posative information about bull breeds , health , conformation , temperament as I possibly can.

LOL... Why is Am... Staff... automatically turned into "pit bull wannabe's?" Come on... funny as it is.. it's kinda rude ;)

Here's some pictures of my dogs...

UWPCH, CH 'PR' Calderon's Ravenloft Lil Rascal,
PennHIP,(.29/.33), OFAca, OFApat ,OFApre Good, OFApre El
UWP, CH 'PR' Ravenloft's Red Hot N Rockin'
DNA-VIP, PennHIP(.50/.45), OFAca, OFApat, OFApre Fair ,OFApre El
INTL'CH, UWP, SkyBlue's Cruela De Vil,
CGC, OFAg, PennHIP(.40/.60) OFAca, OFApat
and last but not least..
Ostara's KS Scarlet Speedster
Ostara_Kennels
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » May 11th, 2006, 4:13 pm

welcome to the forum!! your dogs are gorgeous!!! how did you get into the breed?? tell us more about yourself..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Ostara_Kennels » May 11th, 2006, 4:20 pm

I grew up with dogs and showing in AKC.. My mother raised Doxies since before I was born... about 8 years ago I was at a show watching the Agility trials when an Am Staff leaned against me and looked up at me with sweet pleading eyes.. I petted him and it was all over from then.. I researched AST's and eventually got one.. Unfortunately my research wasn't enough for the first dog because this was before health problems were so easily talked about and he ended up having a heart murmur :( That lead me to do more research.. I had him dual registered and finished him in UKC and started taking a liking to the UKC dogs.. So now I have both.. I enjoy showing alot and last year I realy got into the UKC Weightpull sport.. My Fiance and I have UWP titled 7 dogs so far (4 of which are friends dogs) and have gotten the UWPCH on our boy who's currently ranked #7 in the Weightpull Allstars..Yeah I'm a proud mommy.
Ostara_Kennels
Just Whelped

Postby Asta » May 11th, 2006, 4:24 pm

Hello and a big warm welcome to you and your stunningly gorgeous dogs :) :wave:

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » May 11th, 2006, 4:25 pm

LOL... Why is Am... Staff... automatically turned into "pit bull wannabe's?" Come on... funny as it is.. it's kinda rude

I didn't know it did that!! Don't let it bother you, Michelle ( admin) has one herself. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Barbara Dempsey » May 11th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Congratulations
Barbara
Last edited by Barbara Dempsey on May 11th, 2006, 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barbara Dempsey
Just Whelped

Postby Hoyden » May 11th, 2006, 4:47 pm

Ostara Kennels - I like the name!

Welcome!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Jenn » May 11th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Hello and welcome! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Ostara_Kennels » May 11th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Thank you everyone! and thank you Hoyden for the compliment on my kennel name :)
Ostara_Kennels
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 11th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Welcome to the group! Your kids are so beautiful - very intense!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Romanwild » May 11th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Welcome to PBT!

It' just a joke. My boy has AKC blood as well. :wink:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 11th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Hi Pepper! Nice to see you here! The dogs look great! The pup is a doll!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » May 11th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Hello and welcome. Your dogs are simply gorgeous, but Ostara's KS Scarlet Speedster , absolutely stunning!!!! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Jesseca » May 11th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Welcome, and to copy everyone else, your dogs are gorgeous.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » May 11th, 2006, 11:24 pm

Very curious about your Kennel's name. How did you come up with it??
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby rockermom » May 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Welcome, pretty dog in your avtar. Same color eyes as my Rocky. Striking. The reason I adopted the boy.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby Ostara_Kennels » May 15th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Hoyden wrote:Very curious about your Kennel's name. How did you come up with it??

Ostara is a Pagan holiday.. If a kennel were to be named after any Holiday I think Ostara is the perfect one to name it after :)

_____________________________________________________________-
March 21 -- Ostara -- Spring or The Vernal Equinox
Also known as: Lady Day or Alban Eiler (Druidic)

As Spring reaches its midpoint, night and day stand in perfect balance, with light on the increase. The young Sun God now celebrates a hierogamy (sacred marriage) with the young Maiden Goddess, who conceives. In nine months, she will again become the Great Mother. It is a time of great fertility, new growth, and newborn animals.

The next full moon (a time of increased births) is called the Ostara and is sacred to Eostre the Saxon Lunar Goddess of fertility (from whence we get the word estrogen, whose two symbols were the egg and the rabbit.

The Christian religion adopted these emblems for Easter which is celebrated on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal equinox. The theme of the conception of the Goddess was adapted as the Feast of the Annunciation, occurring on the alternative fixed calendar date of March 25 Old Lady Day, the earlier date of the equinox. Lady Day may also refer to other goddesses (such as Venus and Aphrodite), many of whom have festivals celebrated at this time.

Traditional Foods:
Leafy green vegetables, Dairy foods, Nuts such as Pumpkin, Sunflower and Pine. Flower Dishes and Sprouts.

Herbs and Flowers:
Daffodil, Jonquils, Woodruff, Violet, Gorse, Olive, Peony, Iris, Narcissus and all spring flowers.

Incense:
Jasmine, Rose, Strawberry, Floral of any type.

Sacred Gemstone:
Jasper

Special Activities:
Planting seeds or starting a Magickal Herb Garden. Taking a long walk in nature with no intent other than reflecting on the Magick of nature and our Great Mother and her bounty.
Ostara_Kennels
Just Whelped

Postby Hoyden » May 16th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Yep - we're Pagan. That's why I liked the name. :D

Ostara is a time of balance and rebirth, which is just what this breed needs.

Ironically, my youngest daughter was born on Yule and we celebrate her Birthday with the Winter Solstice which she thinks is great because she holds an important role in the rites because she was born on that day.

My oldest daughter's name is Autumn btw.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Ostara_Kennels » May 16th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Hoyden wrote:Yep - we're Pagan. That's why I liked the name. :D

Ostara is a time of balance and rebirth, which is just what this breed needs.

Ironically, my youngest daughter was born on Yule and we celebrate her Birthday with the Winter Solstice which she thinks is great because she holds an important role in the rites because she was born on that day.

My oldest daughter's name is Autumn btw.

That's awesome! Nice to know there's others in the breed as well :) This is something I love to read from time to time... and I feel it's very appropriate advice to live by in the world of Bully Breeds we're facing today..

The Celtic Virtues of honor, loyalty, hospitality, honesty, justice and courage....

"Briefly stated the virtue of Honor requires one to adhere to their oaths and do the right thing, even if it will ultimately hurt others or oneself in the process. A Druid is obligated to remain true to friends, family and leaders thus exhibiting the virtue of Loyalty. Hospitality demands that a Druid be a good host when guests are under one's roof. Honesty insists that one tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth to yourself, your gods and your people. Justice desires the Druid understands everyone has an inherent worth and that an assault to that worth demands recompense in one form or another. Courage for the Druid does not always wear a public face; it is standing-strong-in-the-face-of-adversity, alone or with companions. Sometimes Courage is getting up and going about a daily routine when pain has worn one down without complaint or demur."
Ostara_Kennels
Just Whelped

Postby LindsaySF » May 16th, 2006, 11:19 pm

Welcome! Your dogs are very pretty. :) I especially like the first one. Is he a beige color, or is that the lighting?

Houlabulla, it is nice to see you here. :) How is Rocky doing?

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Introductions