Good thoughts for Slurpee please...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 22nd, 2011, 3:08 pm

Our youngest cat, Slurpee is at the vet now...he's got a blockage in his urinary tract. We can't afford the procedure that they want to do: catheter this afternoon at our vet, and then taking him to the E-vet tonight for monitoring, etc (they don't stay overnight at my vet).

They don't take Care Credit, and we don't have any credit cards to our names. We're waiting on a lot of clients to pay us right now, but we don't have the money in-hand.

They're going to try and unblock him today, and I'll go pick him up tomorrow with meds and such, and bring him home...we'll see if we can beat this without the E-vet and extensive catheterization. I hate to be like this, but we're already past $400 for him with meds and overnight and stuff. The catheter at the vet is another $250, not including the E-vet.

So...good thoughts for Slurpee please... :cry:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » April 22nd, 2011, 3:13 pm

Prayers on their way :)

I hope he feels better soon!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby hugapitbull » April 22nd, 2011, 3:24 pm

Good thoughts for Slurpee and a (hug) for you.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby amalie79 » April 22nd, 2011, 3:36 pm

Saw your Facebook and asked about the cath, but just saw this here. :(

We'll be thinking about you and sending lots of hugs!!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 22nd, 2011, 3:50 pm

Oh no...good thoughts for Slurpee! :goodthoughts:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » April 22nd, 2011, 7:47 pm

I wonder if there is a way for care credit to give you a cash advance?

Good thoughts for Slurpee
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » April 22nd, 2011, 8:30 pm

Back in the old days they would unblock the cat by flushing the crap out of the bladder and send 'em home on c/d and some pain meds.

If you can afford it you might asking about them sending home subq fluids, if you're going to feed the c/d you might start with just canned food then wean off to the dry. I think the extra hydration + canned food would be pretty effective if they get his bladder good and flushed out.

My cat has food allergies [he's allergic to meat protein] and urinary crystals so it can only be managed on our end by feeding wet food... I was also giving vitamin c to him but since he's been living with my parents I haven't asked them to try and pill him.

Sending lots and lots of good thoughts!!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby BigDogBuford » April 22nd, 2011, 9:01 pm

Ugh, no! I also spent $400 on Betty at the e vet. *sigh* I agree with the wet food, it can help a lot for kitties with stone issues.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » April 22nd, 2011, 10:29 pm

Good thoughts
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2011, 12:01 am

Thanks everyone...I'm going to pick him up tomorrow, so we'll see what they have to say about all of this. John spoke to them on the phone today...we're up to $500 already. I'm dreading tomorrow...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby plebayo » April 23rd, 2011, 1:32 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Thanks everyone...I'm going to pick him up tomorrow, so we'll see what they have to say about all of this. John spoke to them on the phone today...we're up to $500 already. I'm dreading tomorrow...

Maybe Slurpee needs a pop can fund. I have several bags of cans I could donate! :|

Still thinking good thoughts and hoping that $500 is the end of it and he ends up okay!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » April 23rd, 2011, 6:39 am

:( Poor Slurpee...When Bo had a UTI, I didn't realize how painful it was or how bad it can turn.

And the poor guy has to live with that interesting name. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2011, 11:32 am

iluvk9 wrote:And the poor guy has to live with that interesting name. :giggle:

He was found as a kitten in a 7-11 dumpster...at least I didn't name him Big Gulp. ;) His "full" name is Herart's Oh Thank Heaven.

Though his name is Ramen Noodle from now on...since that's what we'll be eating...as we live in that dumpster.

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » April 23rd, 2011, 1:39 pm

How's the little guy doing??
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » April 23rd, 2011, 3:07 pm

Erin's facebook says Slurpee is home. She's had another emergency, so may not be updating us for a while.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2011, 4:25 pm

Malli wrote:Erin's facebook says Slurpee is home. She's had another emergency, so may not be updating us for a while.

:) Yup, thanks Malli!

He's home...he's eaten half a can of Purina UR (ugh)...and he has an entire room to himself, downstairs where its' quieter. He has a HUGE new litter box with fresh new litter...plus a water bowl of course. He's a bit squirrely right now...so I've been checking on him when I can...but leaving him alone until he's chilled out.

John's in the ER right now with...what else, kidney issues. Apparently this is the cool thing to do here at my house. I had to come home (hospital's 30 min. from the house) because I have pet-sitting visits this afternoon and evening...and boarding dogs to let out here at home. So I'm back briefly...I'll try and update when I can.

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » April 23rd, 2011, 5:21 pm

Good for Slurpee being home, but poor John! Hope everything is okay for him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2011, 8:22 pm

Everyone's home now...whew.

John has a 5 mm kidney stone that won't pass...so he's got to see the urologist and they'll have to decide what to do with it...super!

Slurpee is home, "resting comfortably"...I have to go check on him tonight...so far he hasn't peed in his box, or anywhere that I've found. :/ His urinalysis was all blood, so his blockage was a blood clot. Talk about making me feel worse...it got to this point without me realizing how bad it was. :( He may throw a clot again...but he is on meds for everything, so hopefully he'll be okay. *sigh*

TheRedQueen

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » April 23rd, 2011, 9:04 pm

Thank goodness everyone is home.
Doesn't sound like much fun for any of you. :(

Still sending good thoughts your way.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 23rd, 2011, 11:26 pm

We feed wet food and mix it about half and half with water. The cats eat-drink every bit of it, that way I'm sure they are plenty hydrated. (We're trying to switch them to raw, but that's a whole other battle)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Off-Topic