Happy Gotcha day Seth!

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby plebayo » April 15th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Two years ago this thing walked into the clinic:

When I walked up front to get him I thought he was adorable. There was just something about his goofy little face. He was in to evaluate his leg for amputation. He had a busted elbow. We broke for lunch and I introduced him to LiLo. He was using his leg and they got along really well. We re-x-rayed the limb and my boss told the rescue he was with he did not need amputation. Unfortunately a few months prior we took a leg off of a dog basically to make the dog more adoptable. She had a deformed leg, which she used but the fosters claimed she was painful. [Which was not true.] Then the leader of this rescue told my boss that 3-legged dogs are more adoptable. It sucks, we still work with them. I wanted to save this guy from an unneeded surgery ultimately.

However, he really could not have come in at a better time. I lost my cat Pause a few weeks earlier. He died while under anesthesia, very unexpectedly. I needed Seth. Not that Sofie and LiLo weren't adequate, but there was just something about him. After his exam I cleaned his ears and trimmed his nails[my "tests" for him]. He was soooo good for everything. I ended up fostering him for a week and then signed papers for his adoption.

Seth has been amazing. He's not always super bright. My coworkers call him Lenny, after the character John Malkovich plays in Of Mice and Men. I would compare his personality to that of Forrest Gump. He has never met a stranger, both child or adult. He loves everyone and everything. I really never thought he would "amount" to anything really exciting but he's showing a lot of promise in Obedience. We've just started taking classes, everyone who meets him loves him. When we were doing Schutzhund both of the trainers really liked him. I actually set out when I got him to get his CGC and TDI, I never thought it would be possible but he did it! I'm really excited to try for his CD title, we have a lot of fun working together - there's seriously a never dull moment with this dog. If I die before he does I have a waiting list for who will get him... he's just a very different dog.

I'm just really glad he came into my life. I don't think a day goes by that he doesn't make me laugh.

[Sofie was sooooo tolerant of him.]

And a video from the other day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErFSbVipOR4
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 15th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Happy Gotcha Day you handsome, loooooong-legged man! :heartbeat:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amalie79 » April 15th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Happy Gotcha Day Legs, you lucky dog!!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » April 16th, 2011, 6:20 am

SETH!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!! :loveU:

And if she mentions Forrest Gump one more time, when you are in the room, let me know and I will kick her ass for you. :) DORKINESS IS A COOL TRAIT!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Emi » April 16th, 2011, 6:45 am

Happy Gotcha day pretty boy :) And many many more to come :)
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » April 16th, 2011, 7:46 am

Happy Gotcha day beautiful Seth.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Ino » April 16th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Happy gotcha day to Seth!! I am totally in love with him- he has the cutest stilts ever!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » April 16th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Thanks everyone!!!!!

No doubt about it, I love this boy!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby furever_pit » April 16th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Happy Gotcha Day Seth!