Captain America: The First Avenger

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby DemoDick » March 30th, 2011, 8:01 pm

There is a lot of potential suck going on here, but there are two things that give me hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX-dpQAginE

1. Cap is not only carrying a pistol, it's the *correct* pistol.
2. The kid playing him actually looks like he spent some time in the gym doing something besides cardio, unlike that skinny little crap Ryan Reynolds.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby BigDogBuford » March 30th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Yeah, I've been waiting to see what they do with this. I do like what they've done visually with the costume and I think the shield is looking really cool. I wonder what they're going to do with the whole 'vibranium-adamantium' thing, though.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby DemoDick » March 30th, 2011, 9:07 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Yeah, I've been waiting to see what they do with this. I do like what they've done visually with the costume and I think the shield is looking really cool. I wonder what they're going to do with the whole 'vibranium-adamantium' thing, though.

Same thing as the comics most likely. Tony Stark working on Cap's shield in both Iron Man movies would be consistent with Cap's original storyline where he was frozen in ice for decades and thawed out later. Tony was probably called in to upgrade the shield after he was thawed out.

The costume is really quite eye-catching and well done.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby BigDogBuford » March 30th, 2011, 9:08 pm

I like how the costume actually looks functional.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » March 30th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Have you seen the horrific new Wonder Woman costume for the TV show?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BigDogBuford » March 30th, 2011, 11:04 pm

mnp13 wrote:Have you seen the horrific new Wonder Woman costume for the TV show?

YES. And people were so pissed off about the ugly plastic pants that they've already redesigned them. The new pants are much better and I also noticed that they didn't put as much makeup on her as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... erway.html
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Off-Topic