Collar storage?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » March 28th, 2011, 10:09 am

Okay...for those other collar addicts...I have a question about storing no buckle/martingale collars.

I have hooks on the wall for each dog...their collars hang on their own hooks. Most of the collars for the Aussies are buckle collars, so the collars are unhooked, and draped over the hooks. But Score has a bunch of 1-2" collars that are no buckle slide collars or martingales...and #1, they don't fit on the hooks because of their width, and #2, they don't hang well because they don't unbuckle. Even The Wiener has no buckle collars and martingales, and even his are harder to hang.

Right now, Score's fancy collars are sitting on a shelf near the hooks...they look pretty, they're out of the way and they're not getting beat up. But as we add more collars...that shelf is gonna be full. lol.

I'm looking for creative ways to store these collars...that doesn't ruin them, but doesn't take up too much space either!

I'll get pics today of the collar hooks and shelf...for those visual people! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby copperlegend » March 28th, 2011, 11:09 am

I'll take a pic of the setup we have in our coat closet. On the inside of the door we have a bunch of those 3M release hooks. The martingale collars are all strung on Nadia's 2nd puppy collar (a buckle) and then the buckle collar is hanging on a hook.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » March 28th, 2011, 1:28 pm

I keep mine in a big basket next to the door, along with leashes, poop bags, and other walking necessities.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 28th, 2011, 3:47 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I keep mine in a big basket next to the door, along with leashes, poop bags, and other walking necessities.

yup. I have an old wooden crate on the floor with all the dog stuff in it - and a duffle bag.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » March 28th, 2011, 4:09 pm

if you had a basket with a handle, you could use the handle for collars *thinking*
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » March 28th, 2011, 5:03 pm

I 've got nothing creative or cool. I too have a leash holder thingie with hooks and pegs but most of my collars and leashes are stored in a three tiered rubbermaid cart with drawers. Collars in one drawer, leashes in another, etc.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 28th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Here are pics of how the collars look now. These won't change...they'll stay here, I just need *more* storage for the bigger collars. They're on little dog butt hooks...which you can't really see anymore. :)

All of the collars

The Wiener's collar collection has spread to two hooks now:

Up-close of Xander and Inara's collar hooks...you can see how they are unbuckled and draped over the hooks

Up-close of Score and Puzzle's hooks...you can see how the wider collar at the bottom takes up a LOT of space on the hook:

Score's "fancy" collars sit on the shelf...but that's getting crowded now too.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » March 28th, 2011, 5:16 pm

And yes, I know I'm crazy. 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » March 28th, 2011, 5:28 pm

1) You have A LOT OF COLLARS. :shock:

2) You have A LOT OF COLLARS. :o

3) You REALLY have A LOT OF COLLARS. :eek1:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » March 28th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Holy crap Erin. The next tome Demo bitches about the number of collars we have, I'm referring him to these pictures!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 28th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Have you considered an intervention?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Pit♥bull » March 28th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Holy crap...You have more collars than Michelle has shoes.
:lmao:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » March 28th, 2011, 6:06 pm

You have way too many collars. I think you need to send some 19-20" ones my way. :neener:
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby plebayo » March 28th, 2011, 6:35 pm

HOLY CRAP is that an actual telephone in the background hanging on the wall? :neener:

I think you need... more hooks. :D You could always string them together and make a collar garland too :| I'm not really sure honestly... I don't have that many and I just hang mine on one of the posts on my bed.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » March 28th, 2011, 6:43 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Have you considered an intervention?

LMAO
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » March 28th, 2011, 7:08 pm

Um...and I have three more in the works right now...:oops: And there are some around the house or in the van that weren't in the picture... :smileUp:

I told you I have a collar problem...why does no one believe me? lol

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » March 28th, 2011, 7:09 pm

plebayo wrote:HOLY CRAP is that an actual telephone in the background hanging on the wall? :neener:

lol...yeah, it doesn't work though...we keep trying to figure out how we can hook it back up again!

TheRedQueen

Postby Hundilein » March 28th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Just send all the ones that don't fit on the hooks to me. Renee says she feels horribly neglected since she has only one collar.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » March 28th, 2011, 10:36 pm

I was going to tell you how I hang kinzyl's on the hanger in her closet but good golly molly, you have got me beat by a mile. I believe you Erin, you definitely have love for collars: lol
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » March 29th, 2011, 2:40 am

holy crap :shock:

mind you, if you multiplied Oscar's by how many dogs you have... it wouldn't seem so different...

Where did you get the bone hook??
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to Off-Topic