SPCA DOG "DOMINO"

Postby mistee06 » May 15th, 2006, 4:30 am

that bully smile, the special "glow" in their eyes.
"domino" as my boyfriend named him.
didnt have them.
someone ruined him, not by fighting him, not by beating him, nor neglecting him.
but by teaching him that a "sit" command was actually a growl and bark command and that a "down" command was a lunge at human command.
our temperment test on this gorgeous little guy, didnt even really have to be done...upon first look this little guy was pure bully love....as soon as he got out of his cage, dominace took over. i went to grab a halti (he was PURE muscle and i didnt wanna take a chance of us not having control of him) and left ty alone with him i came back and had to tear him off of tylors leg...no biting or anything just humping and holding....we put him back in his cage and put "unpredictable/dangerous" on the door...(he seemed fine with me...but we didnt take spend very long with him to give him a chance to show us more dominace)...Anyways...
thinking that no one would walk him after UNPREDICTABLE and DANGEROUS were on his door we went home...

the next day a volunteer took him for a walk, ignoring the signs we had left....she got a block down the road and he grabbed her arm and took her to the ground. thank god,wendy, one of the spca workers heard the girl scream because she grabbed a breaking stick and went to her aid right away. she is okay ( actually there is only teeth marks in her arm)

anyways, wendy made the choice there that even though "domino" was most likely just under/over a year. it would be too hard to "turn him around" and took him to the vet to be euthanized.

she agreed with me and ty that he wanted to be good. he had just been shown the wrong way.

RIP sweet domino, you would have been a great doggie, if some jerrrrk didnt get ahold of you first

:bigCry::bigCry::bigCry:

PS. this is the first bully i've ever met that was actually somewhat mean, it scared me and is driving me more to help deserving bullies be rescued, wendy now has my phone number to do temperment testing on ALL bully breeds that come in....
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 15th, 2006, 10:27 am

mistee, i just put a sticky in rescue for a sample TT evaluation form for people to use and modify
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mistee06 » May 16th, 2006, 4:30 am

thank you, my name is kim, lol, mistee was my pittie that passed...

i have been told by a many of people to get trained by a professional to do temperment tests....because if a dog i do one on does bite someone and i said it was friendly i could be sued.

anyways i will check it out just out of interest!!!

thank you again :)
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 16th, 2006, 8:21 am

yep, everyone is right.. get trained first before you even evaluate another dog
Maryellen
I live here

Postby turtle » May 17th, 2006, 11:51 pm

RIP Domino.

There is also a very good chance this dog genetically wired wrong. Mistee left out some other info that she posted elsewhere, this is about the girl Domino attacked:

"he was wagging his tail and she bent over to pet him and say good boy and he growled at her, showing his teeth and bit her arm and wouldnt let go, making her fall to the ground. she screamed and the spca staff came to her rescue to get the dog off of her. the girl, who is about 15 and approx 150 lbs (not that it matters) but she recieved over 70 stitches and a few cuts and bruises from being brought to the ground."

It's a lucky thing that dog was PTS before he hurt anyone else as over 70 stitches is a pretty serious bite and attack.

It was found later that the poor dog also had broken needles stuck in his back and a skull fracture. At least he is not in pain anymore nor is he a danger to anyone now...
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 17th, 2006, 11:57 pm

It was found later that the poor dog also had broken needles stuck in his back and a skull fracture. At least he is not in pain anymore nor is he a danger to anyone now...

OMG!!!! No wonder he was so miserable. What a life :(
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Jenn » May 18th, 2006, 12:18 am

Geez... What shelter is this?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mistee06 » May 18th, 2006, 4:58 am

its the local one in town the manager wasnt there the day the attack happened and if she had been the gate to his pen would have been locked up....they now believe that they have found his owner (but not 100%) if it is his owner then they are gonna press charges along for the hospital bill and everything else. i hope its him..and i hope he rots you know where....
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends