Old Twitch Video

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 23rd, 2011, 10:19 pm

I've been watching some old Twitch videos tonight and thought I'd post one for you guys.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/ParisStreetPitCrew/Twitch%20Videos/?action=view&current=MOV03883.mp4
"Hi birdie, too" "Come on Piper, Come on, come here, Piper! Come here Piper, come here" "Mkay" "Come on. Sidney! come here" smoochies, whistle, "Come here good buddy" smooch "C'I have a smooch?" smooches, "Where's Jasmine, buddy?" "Hi Buddy good boy!" "Ready, ready, ready? Go!" random house noises "Jazzy buddy" "Hi Jasmine good boy" more smooches "Hey buddy" "Hi Jazzy buddy" random noises and smooches "Piper! Come here!" "Come on, come here, go outside?" water noise
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » March 23rd, 2011, 10:29 pm

Love it!! Do you still have Twitch? I don't think I ever caught the story behind Twitch?
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 23rd, 2011, 11:16 pm

Tubular Toby wrote:Love it!! Do you still have Twitch? I don't think I ever caught the story behind Twitch?

Yes, we still have him.
We had always really wanted an African Grey, so we researched local breeders and found one we liked about 1.5 hours away from where we live. So, when they had a clutch of 4 babies born, we decided to put in our deposit for one. The breeder didn't allow babies to go to their homes until they were fully weaned and fledged, so we would drive to visit them on weekends and play with them and feed them until they were old enough to come home. So, when Twitch was about 5-6 months old, we brought him home! We named him after a motocross rider we like (and thought the name was neat)
He is almost 7 years old now and brings joy to us every day. He can be very stubborn and opinionated, but is a total goof and he LOVES to tease the dogs (and feed them too). I have ALL sorts of Twitch stories-- he really is hilarious.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » March 24th, 2011, 12:47 am

I have a soft spot for birds, African Greys especially. :) I've never owned one, but I read quite a few bird books when I was working at Petco and wanted to know as much as I could. I never got to use most of what I learned, since no one that shopped at our Petco actually cared much about birds.... haha, but I became fascinated by them. My mom has had cockatiels, doves, parakeets, lovebirds, etc, and we once bird sat an amazon parrot for a summer for my aunt.

I would LOVE to have one someday, but I think I'll wait until I am older and settled into my life a little bit more and have a more permanent residence. I've moved houses at least every year for the past five years. It's hard enough to convince landlords to let me have my dog and a 75 gallon fish tank. I couldn't imagine adding a bird on to the end of that list. :lol: I am always game for reading Twitch stories though! They're such amazing birds. :)
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 24th, 2011, 7:51 am

He has to be the coolest bird ever. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » March 24th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Agreed! I love him :)

How can he be stubborn? Just by not doing what you want? does he stay on that thing, or in a cage?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 24th, 2011, 6:52 pm

He is stubborn because he will not always do what he is asked to do-- especially going back into his cage when he doesn't want to. He'll step up on my hand and let me take him to his cage but refuse to step up on to a perch and just holds on tighter to my hand (for example). Sometimes if he doesn't want to step up for me, he will just run away to a place where he knows I can't reach him. OR he will fly away to another room and make me come get him! He gets into "moods"

He has that playgym in our TV room, but he also has other perches around the house and a very large cage in the living room. He is really only in his cage if we are gone or cannot supervise him. He sleeps in a cage in the closet so we can close the door to make it darker for him. He even has a shower perch and will take showers with us.
He doesn't always stay on the playgym, though. He'll hang out on the arm of the couch or on our shoulders, perch on our knees on the couch, etc. Lately he has been going through a phase of climbing down and running around on the floor (which obviously isn't the safest option with 3 dogs running around). We'll get down on the floor for playtime with him occasionally. He loves to roll ping pong balls around on the floor.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby FAB dogs » March 24th, 2011, 7:23 pm

My dream bird! I will have one (and a Mynah Bird) some day. Is he a TAG or a CAG?
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 24th, 2011, 7:33 pm

CAG
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 24th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Demo wants a bird, but 1. we could never afford the heating bill and 2. birds freak me out.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 25th, 2011, 9:39 am

The heating bill?
We do not need to keep the house significantly warm or anything... our heat rarely gets turned up to 68 in the winter. ;)

And-- a LOT of people are terrified of birds. I never knew until I had one just how many people dislike them.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby plebayo » March 25th, 2011, 9:55 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:The heating bill?
We do not need to keep the house significantly warm or anything... our heat rarely gets turned up to 68 in the winter. ;)

And-- a LOT of people are terrified of birds. I never knew until I had one just how many people dislike them.

This. My sister has a green cheek conure and some cockatiels, she used to foster for bird rescue and she's had a couple large birds, a couple Macaw's and an African Grey and she never did anything special heating wise. They too don't really keep their house super warm, between 65-68.

Also it is crazy how many people are afraid of birds. My cousin gets freaked out if she even hears flapping wings.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members