Hi

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby IMSUMMER1 » March 20th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Hi my name is Brenda, I live in Chg but I also have a lake house in Indiana. Last summer( August 2010) we found a young pitbull stray(no more than a a year old) wandering the highway by our house he was very skinny but friendly. I coundnt stand to leave him out there like that so we took him in thinking we could find him a home. We took him to the vet and got his shots and had him neutered, I made fliers and everything but I didn't hang any of them, I fell in love with him and he with us we named him Shadow and he is apart of our family now. We also have a 3lb yorkie(Jason) who loves the pit bull(Shadow) they are best friends and an eleven year old rottie (Rex) he just died in his sleep March 5th and also a large tabby who we rescued from a shelter 6 years ago(General). They all get along great I couldnt ask for a better dog I feel very lucky I found him. We have a physically disabled son Jeff, Shadow sleeps with him every night. I have never had a pit bull before but I'm in love with this one he is the sweetest most well behaved dog I have ever had.
IMSUMMER1
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » March 21st, 2011, 5:49 am

Welcome, Brenda and family. :wave2: My condolences on Rex.

When you get a chance, please post some photos. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby lovepits » March 21st, 2011, 7:25 am

:wave2: Hi :)
lovepits
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » March 21st, 2011, 8:42 am

Hi and welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amalie79 » March 21st, 2011, 3:43 pm

Some great names, there-- We have a tabby named Senator!

Welcome to the forum!! :wave:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2011, 3:54 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » March 21st, 2011, 4:09 pm

:wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby shady-angel » March 23rd, 2011, 9:06 pm

Howdy brenda,
Where are you from? Piccys are great if you have a camera <unlike my self ATM.
Pit bulls can be great with kids especialy kids with disabilitys or mental conditions. My boy "coju" loved my niece who has Cerebal palsy he would let her poke at him and pull his fur and he would just lick her, it was a shame my sister <Jessicas mother> was affraid of dogs and enforced that on her kids and hated my dog "cause he was a Vicious pitbull"
Some people make me ashamed to be part of the human race!
Welcome Angie.
shady-angel
Kiwi

Return to Introductions