Car Remodeling

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby mnp13 » March 19th, 2011, 1:31 pm

I'm pretty stiff and sore, the wait at the ED was 4-5 hours, so I'm going to go in on Monday. The guy told the police officer (and I quote) "I was looking down and drove into her. I wasn't ON my phone, but I was plugging it in."

It was a big Explorer, so his bumper went over mine completely, so I'm not sure how much damage was done to the interior - the hatch will need to be replaced, the bumper obviously, but until I empty out the car I won't know how much damage was done to the interior. If the frame is bent (really, the unibody, my care doesn't have a frame) then it will likely be totaled.

Of course my cameras were up against the hatch and that was my first thought... but they were in their hard side aluminum case, so didn't do anything but slide forward a little. I don't think they would have faired so well in a soft side case. Thanks again mom and dad!! :-)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » March 19th, 2011, 1:51 pm

holy crap. That sucks :(

Being in the states, I was about to suggest heat, ice and ibuprofen or similar, but it almost seems like it would be more worthwhile to go to the doctor in full agony so the insurance people get that report from the file.

Woo hoo for their hard side case! Does it have the fancy foam bits you pull out to fit just so?

As an aside, how do you like the Matrix?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » March 19th, 2011, 2:42 pm

I'm going to the Dr on Monday. I'm in quite a bit of pain right now actually. Definitely going to a chiropractor too.

The case is an old one from the 70's - according to the tag, it went on the Great Pacific & Orient Cruise in 1978 on the Queen Elizabeth 2, my mom got it at a garage sale for $20 with a bunch of lenses and other stuff. It's bulky, but it's a tank!

The Matrix? It's a car. I got the AWD one, but had three major skids this winter, including doing 360's down the road. In the 10.5 years I had my Subaru, I had that happen about three times total. Just not impressed. It has some cool interior features, but outside of that, it was not the best decision for me.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 19th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Any estimates yet on fixing/totaling it?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » March 19th, 2011, 3:18 pm

No, not until Monday.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » March 20th, 2011, 2:07 am

My friend just got plowed into at a 4-way stop by someone who was 'looking down' while driving.

God damn people and their damn phones! I hope you take the next days to rest/relax take some muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories and just try to heal.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Jenn » March 21st, 2011, 4:22 pm

Hope you're feeling better, hon
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to All the Rest