OUTSTANDING class last night

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 17th, 2011, 9:27 am

Last night was the last class for this session of Rally. Only 3 of us showed up, so Ginger decided we could do some off-leash stuff. Two of the dogs were put into the office and back room while the other was working, so there was no danger.

Well, I figured Inara would do okay; not great, but okay. There was a stranger there last night watching class, and Inara loves strangers, so I figured she'd ignore me and go visit with Ginger and the stranger for a bit. How wrong I was! Ginger had me unclip the leash and then run around a bit to keep Inara interested in me, and then we began the course. Inara has NEVER focused on me like she did when she was off-leash. We probably would have gotten a perfect score if we'd been showing and she performed like that. Heeling patterns, left and right turns, u-turns, figure 8's, a jump, a table, down/walk around, etc. Amazing. It was just so cool!

Since most of us are continuing and just restarting the next 6-week session, Ginger said we'll probably start doing more and more off-leash, working up to the point where ring-gates are the only barriers between dogs (we'll have leashes or long-lines attached, so not totally off-leash). I'm really excited!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » March 17th, 2011, 9:49 am

Whooohooo! WTG Inara and Liz!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amalie79 » March 17th, 2011, 12:28 pm

That's awesome!!

Simon had been a nightmare on-leash...but off-leash, he heeled like a champ. He was much more comfortable around people off-leash, too, but that was a theoretical liability.

I think for some dogs, when the tether is gone, they realize they have to pay more attention.

YAY Inara!!!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » March 17th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Way to go girls! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby FAB dogs » March 17th, 2011, 7:04 pm

Nice job!!
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Return to Training & Behavior