*sigh* off to the vet again

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Malli » March 10th, 2011, 4:12 pm

right I think I forgot - something about all the way through the GI tract, top to bottum, thats what usually characterizes it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » March 10th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Hows he doing?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » March 11th, 2011, 12:35 am

better. no more liquid (from either end), but not solid yet either. But still bloody, but not as much as before.

Hopefully the eye drops will clear up the clogged tear duct too, which would be nice.

Blood work is supposed to be back tomorrow.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » March 11th, 2011, 12:45 am

good thoughts. Thank dog for no more liquid.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » March 11th, 2011, 1:31 am

Happy to hear he's on the mend :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 12th, 2011, 7:34 am

How's Gooberhead this morning?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ArtGypsy » March 12th, 2011, 10:34 am

HOLY CRIPES................. :(

How's the Sweet Bebe' this Morning??????

Bet You Guys are just a wee bit Overwhelmed....So sorry............ :sad2:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby mnp13 » March 13th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Sorry... I was behind the camera all weekend, haven't been online at all

He's much better now!! Solid poop and no more barfing. I guess it was the doggie 48 hour flu
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » March 14th, 2011, 5:44 am

Thank goodness.... :clap:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » March 14th, 2011, 5:58 am

Duke had the doggie flu or stomach bug a few weeks ago. Got really sick really fast. Couldn't keep anything down and horrible diarrhea. He got a shot to stop the vomiting and antibiotics for a stomach bug. Rice and chicken diet for a few days and he was back in business. He was well as quickly as he had gotten ill.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby mnp13 » March 31st, 2011, 10:33 pm

We got Riggs' titer in the mail today. Now, this is a ten year old dog who hasn't had a rabies shot in five years. Though New York does not accept titers, the level where humans are considered "protected" is a serum level of .5. His was 1.2. More than twice the level to be protected!!!

Is it expensive? Yes, very. However this is one place where I'm ok with that expense. There is no reason to give him more vaccine when he's more than two times the "safe" level.

I know there are people who don't agree with this position, and that's cool (not even all of the vets there do!) but always remember that it's an option.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » April 1st, 2011, 1:16 am

mnp13 wrote:We got Riggs' titer in the mail today. Now, this is a ten year old dog who hasn't had a rabies shot in five years. Though New York does not accept titers, the level where humans are considered "protected" is a serum level of .5. His was 1.2. More than twice the level to be protected!!!

Is it expensive? Yes, very. However this is one place where I'm ok with that expense. There is no reason to give him more vaccine when he's more than two times the "safe" level.

I know there are people who don't agree with this position, and that's cool (not even all of the vets there do!) but always remember that it's an option.

Thanks for sharing! I totally think we over vaccinate and don't do them yearly... and I only give my indoor cat his rabies every 3 years. I do the rabies because I am not a fan of my county animal services and will not pay for licensing, so at least if I get 'caught' they are up to date on their rabies which is required in my county.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health