OMG Seth did it!!!!!!!!!

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby plebayo » March 6th, 2011, 12:40 am

About a week ago one of my friends, who is a title whore was telling me they were doing the CGC and TDI testing nearby. At first I was just going to go watch her dog do her thing, she wanted to get her TDI. Anyway i registered for the CGC it was only $15 so I figured I didn't have a lot to lose.

The past week I took Seth to Home Depot, Lowe's, and Petco to work on greetings because he likes to jump on people. Things were looking pretty bleak because he would get overly excited, jump on people, and they "didn't mind" so it was hard to make him behave. I msged katiek0417 asking about failing and what not and was all set for Seth to fail.

He got his CGC and his TDI! They had us go through all of the testing even though we only went for the CGC and so he got both :groupjump:

He did SO well through everything, he ignored other dogs, didn't mind the loud noises and squeaker test, we walked through a group of people who wanted to pet him and I thought for sure he was going to jump on them. He laid his head in the lap of a girl in a wheel chair, let some little kid hand all over him. There was a woman pretending to be autistic and she was leaning forward and he totally tried jumping on her... I thought we were dead then. He also did well ignoring food on the ground. I was impressed considering we were in a small room with at least 20+ dogs and people and he was sooooo good given the chaos.

Most of the dogs that came passed, most of the dogs were either working or show dogs, a couple dogs were there just for people wanting their TDI's to do therapy work. I am going to register him just to say he has it but he's far from ready for therapy work. It was something I wanted to do with him when I got him but he's still too immature for it. I am just so blown away and so impressed with how good he handled everything! We only got video of the beginning which I'll post a link below. I've never seen Seth and I working together and I think it's adorable how his tail never stops moving, and his recall was pretty cute too lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svhCUz7SmJc
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » March 6th, 2011, 12:57 am

Great work!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amalie79 » March 6th, 2011, 2:55 am

:clap: :confetti:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » March 6th, 2011, 4:15 am

nice work!!!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » March 6th, 2011, 7:12 am

I am so glad you got a video of it!!! :) He was so happy with that tail wagging, almost out of it's socket!!!

:confetti: CONGRATULATIONS TO SETH!!! :confetti:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 6th, 2011, 8:55 am

That's fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!!

On a side note, I am SHOCKED they had you take his leash off.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » March 6th, 2011, 9:16 am

Congrats to you and Seth. Great job, both of you! :dance:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » March 6th, 2011, 11:47 am

Thanks everyone! I am beyond proud and ecstatic!

iluvk9 wrote:I am so glad you got a video of it!!! :) He was so happy with that tail wagging, almost out of it's socket!!!

:confetti: CONGRATULATIONS TO SETH!!! :confetti:

It's so cute to watch him do his thing, I didn't know he was that happy LOL.

pitbullmamaliz wrote:On a side note, I am SHOCKED they had you take his leash off.

Do they not normally do that? This is the first time I've ever seen the test, and have ever had to do anything like it, so everything was foreign to me.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pocketpit » March 6th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Good work and a huge Congrats!!!!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » March 6th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Congratulations!!!
Way to go to both you and Seth!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » March 6th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Thank you :D I'm still so proud! I'm excited to try doing some obedience classes with him, I just never knew how happy he was to be working together hehe. It makes me all teary eyed and smooshy, I love this dog!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » March 7th, 2011, 8:44 am

:clap: Congrats!!!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » March 7th, 2011, 8:47 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:On a side note, I am SHOCKED they had you take his leash off.

that's amazing...I just watched the video too...I've NEVER, EVER seen them have the dog off-leash for a CGC...when I was an evaluator, we were told to have the owner hook the dog onto a 20' long line...that way the dog was easily gotten under control if needed, and also, it gave the owners a point of reference for how far away to go...lol.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » March 7th, 2011, 6:07 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:

that's amazing...I just watched the video too...I've NEVER, EVER seen them have the dog off-leash for a CGC...when I was an evaluator, we were told to have the owner hook the dog onto a 20' long line...that way the dog was easily gotten under control if needed, and also, it gave the owners a point of reference for how far away to go...lol.

They did have me hook him to a skinny rope, practically a string, if you watch at the end I had to step out of it. I think they used such a light rope so the dog wouldn't think it was on lead. It would be really hard to grab [and painful!] but easy to step on if the dog took off. I thought it was weird because I did read about having them attached to a long line, but I did think that this made a better job of making the dog feel like it was free so if your dog was going to be bad, they'd think they were off leash and could be bad.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Return to Training & Behavior