Hello!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Audentia » March 4th, 2011, 1:48 am

Hello all! My name is Nicole and I’m from both Arizona and North Carolina. I was born and raised in Arizona, met my wonderful husband who joined the USMC and we moved across the country to North Carolina where we own our own house. Right now, hubby is deployed and our two dogs and I are back in Arizona living with my parents. I never thought I’d be back here at my parent’s house, but it is wonderful to be surrounded with support. We have a full house with my parents, their two cats and one dog, and me and my two dogs. I’m currently a stay at home wife but hoping to change that with a part time position soon. I love doggie nutrition, hoard collars and leashes, have an entire shelf of doggie things that I'll probably never use but love to have handy, and, in general, spoil the dogs more than I spoil myself.

Gunner was our first Pit Bull mix. We adopted him from a couple who found him wandering the streets. He’s about 3 years old now, neutered, and seal in color. He loves extremely long walks wearing his doggie pack, treats, and swimming. He hates kitty cats, small animals, and his Halti. His favorite toy is a street bike tire that he pushes around the yard and tears up.

Mayday is our fourteen month old Pit Bull mix. We purchased him from his breeder. Mater is an intact red male. We’re introducing him to weight pull. He’ll never compete, but he’s a dog that needs a job to be happy. He loves treats, food in general, going for “rides”, and walking. He thinks that he is the king of all dogs, kitties should be eaten, nothing is tall to be jumped, and vets are evil.

Our dogs grew up together ever since Mater was 6 weeks old. Recently they decided that they will no longer get along and we respect that. So now we crate and rotate. Luckily, they can still walk peacefully together (with two people) and be in the same room (one crated). Once we get back to NC, we’re going to invest in some nice kennels and transition the boys to being primarily outside doggies, spoiled outside doggies – but outside doggies nonetheless.

I found this site by googling Pit Bull Dog Forums. I love Google and thank you for reading my rambling!
Audentia
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » March 4th, 2011, 6:41 am

Welcome to the forum, Nicole. :wave2:

Those photos are just adorable. Such stoic faces. 8)

Many thanks sent to your husband!!! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 4th, 2011, 8:13 am

Welcome, Nicole! You sound like you'll fit in very well here. :)

I agree with Joyce - thank your husband for us. And thank YOU as well - my sis is the wife of a Marine and I know how hard it is on her sometimes.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » March 4th, 2011, 8:18 am

Hi and welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » March 4th, 2011, 9:36 am

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

WELCOME NICOLE!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Audentia » March 4th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Thank you all! Next time I get a chance to talk to him, I’ll let him know. Thanks MamaLiz, it gets hard at times, missing him. Luckily we don’t have children or it would make life ten times harder!

Mater is quite the stoic little man. Even when he’s up to no good, he has this look like he completely belongs and can do no wrong. Gunner, on the other hand, only acts stoic for treats.
Audentia
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » March 6th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Hello and welcome!:wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Introductions