Such a tease

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2011, 12:15 pm

There's a dead deer in my neighbor's driveway. The prints in the snow just show it walking up and then falling over. No apparent wounds on it. Obviously can't feed it to the dogs since I don't know how it died but MAN I can't say it isn't tempting to bring them out just to see what they'd do . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby BigDogBuford » February 26th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Maybe hit by a car? They bloat up really fast, too!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Yeah maybe it was hit on the street that's back through the woods behind our houses. Either way I'm sure it's killing my neighbor as well that he has a whole deer but can't eat it. Granted I just want it for my dogs, but he actually likes Venison LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2011, 1:55 pm

Oh...that does suck...I've always wanted to drag a carcass into the yard to let the dogs go to town on it...lol

Like the old "Dogs in Elk" thread...(for those that don't know that one: http://www.jerrypournelle.com/reports/j ... inelk.html )
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2011, 2:52 pm

LOL yes Dogs in Elk is always good for a pick me up read. LMAO!!
SisMorphine

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2011, 2:53 pm

SisMorphine wrote:LOL yes Dogs in Elk is always good for a pick me up read. LMAO!!

I was just re-reading passages aloud to John...and I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » February 26th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Oh dear Lord....poor Bambi. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » February 26th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Actually, if you were to bring it to have it butchered they would be able to tell you how it died - because the meat would be all bruised and damaged from the impact of the car.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2011, 8:37 pm

LOL if I had a second freezer I would have saved it and brought it with me in July. LMAO!

When I got home from Lunch With The Ladies the deer was gone so he must have had it removed. Bummer.

Or maybe he dragged it into the woods to feed the Coyotes. What's funny is that all of the neighbors have been complaining about the coyotes, but our house and my closest neighbor haven't seen them. Thank Bowie for Teeny and Blue :D
SisMorphine

Postby BigDogBuford » February 26th, 2011, 8:47 pm

mnp13 wrote:Actually, if you were to bring it to have it butchered they would be able to tell you how it died - because the meat would be all bruised and damaged from the impact of the car.

Just make sure it's actually dead and doesn't come around in the back of your car and start tearing crap up!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2011, 9:50 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
mnp13 wrote:Actually, if you were to bring it to have it butchered they would be able to tell you how it died - because the meat would be all bruised and damaged from the impact of the car.

Just make sure it's actually dead and doesn't come around in the back of your car and start tearing crap up!

ZOMBIE DEER! Cool! :shock:

Or...

http://movieclips.com/ALej-tommy-boy-mo ... -wakes-up/

TheRedQueen

Postby Dukes_mom » February 26th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Well you could go around and see if anyones car looks like this

That happened this winter. $2,800 worth of damage cause a dear decided to come back across the road it had just crossed. Oh and no worries our dear survived. It just probably had a really sore ass.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2011, 10:11 pm

Apparently my dad hit a damn deer the other morning. And he didn't bring it home for my bulldogs. DAMNIT! I need to train that man better . . .

I guess the local plow guy picked up the deer this afternoon to lure the coyotes away from his property or something like that. Bummer!!!
SisMorphine

Postby BigDogBuford » February 26th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Car vs almost never works out well for the car. :o
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Leslie H » February 26th, 2011, 10:49 pm

I pegged a deer (OK it hit me, despite my moving over a lane for it) and took out the whole right side of my previously undented car on the way to a weight pull. When I arrived, the first thing my friend did was question me for not having thrown it in the car to feed to the dogs.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Return to Off-Topic