Animal Shelter

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 25th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I had to go to the Animal Shelter today to license my dogs, so I decided to take a walk through the kennels. Seriously about 90% of the dogs there were pit bulls. It's so sad! I wanted to take them ALL home with me. All those wiggle butts so happy to see someone come to visit.
As I was walking out, I noticed they have a large bulletin board that was all pit bull positive stuff. It was "Why to adopt a pit bull (and why one may not be suitable for you)" It talked about history, temperament, why our shelter is so full of pit bulls, etc. I wish I had taken a photo. It made me very proud of them.
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 26th, 2011, 7:11 am

That is why when I donate items to ours, I just leave them at the reception desk. I would be leaving with 35 senior dogs. 8)

Did you read this? My town shelter is trying....

I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » February 26th, 2011, 12:27 pm

It's so hard for me to walk through a shelter. :shock: Donating goods is such an amazing way to donate....that way you know the stuff goes directly to the animals. Especially blankets and food.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Pit Bull Talk