Meet BabyReba's lookalike!!!

Postby Maryellen » May 13th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Meet Bay, a 9 year old lab mix, male. Bay lived with his owner until she recently passed away. none of the family members want Bay.. which is very sad.. Bay lost the only owner he ever knew. He lived in a nursing home with his owner for 2 years until her death.. Now, the nursing home doesnt allow dogs anymore, and Bays owners family doesnt want him either..He is located in Bergen County NJ. He gets along with dogs and people.

wont you give Bay a forever home?

Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 13th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Awwwww, he DOES look just like her
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pocketpit » May 13th, 2006, 7:49 pm

The resemblence is amazing. How utterly sad his story is :cry2:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 13th, 2006, 7:58 pm

that is so sad! They should call local nursing homes and see if there is any interest. :(
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » May 13th, 2006, 8:20 pm

most of the local nursing homes in my area dont have dogs allowed to live there anymore, so i dont know what will happen to him.. his deceased owners family are really assholes, i mean, the dog is 9 years old, not active, so how much of a bother could he be???
Maryellen
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » May 13th, 2006, 10:32 pm

That is so horribly sad. Poor dog.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Purple » May 13th, 2006, 11:17 pm

What a sad situation. You would think the nursing home would consider keeping him.
Purple
I live here

Postby babyreba » May 14th, 2006, 12:15 am

Oh my god, it does look just like her! Wow. I want to bring that dog home and give him a good home for the rest of his life. Poor old guy. :(
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby babyreba » May 14th, 2006, 12:18 am

Maryellen, what's the deal with this dog, is he in a shelter or rescue right now? Does he get along with male dogs? Is there a contact person I could call and talk to? I'm wondering whether my parents might be able to help an elderly dog . . . their dog is an elderly male golden. i'm wondering if they would take in an elderly Reba type for me . . .
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 14th, 2006, 8:32 am

he is in a nursing home right now, the nursing home has given the family one week to get rid of the dog.. he gets along with other dogs, people, etc.. he has arthritis in his hips, and is grossly overweight(nursing home food must have been good) he is on zubrin for his hips.. i can get you the contact info if you want.. since your folks live close to me i can give them the info to meet him if they want...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Asta » May 14th, 2006, 8:49 am

He looks both very sweet and a spitting image of Reba!!! What a sad story indeed, crappy family, ggrrr...I am keeping fingers crossed for your parents and him :)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby babyreba » May 14th, 2006, 10:13 am

I'm gonna be calling my mom for Mother's Day today and I am going to ask her what she thinks. I'll let you know what she says. Keep your fingers crossed . . .
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 14th, 2006, 10:44 am

ok, fingers crossed here, i sent you a pm with the store number and the woman who gave me the info, as she has the phone number of the people with bay, and i gave you my home and work number too.. the store owner will be back on monday around 10ish .. i emailed her for the phone number for the info to talk to the family about bay, but she is closed today.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 14th, 2006, 10:51 am

That poor old guy! Sucks that the nursing home won't keep him, dogs keep patients healthier and more active and alert . . . it will always perplex me as to why nursing homes and hospitals don't see this . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » May 14th, 2006, 11:09 am

There's a nursing home here that would take him, if he could survive the journey!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 14th, 2006, 3:20 pm

Everything crossed here that it all works out for him!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby babyreba » May 14th, 2006, 6:02 pm

no deal. my brother is moving back in with them this summer, and he's bringing his dog with him. my mom says she can't handle having three in the house, since it's just a small rancher.

sorry guys, i was really hoping. :(
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 14th, 2006, 6:13 pm

dam.oh well, it was worth a shot..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 23rd, 2006, 8:40 am

it looks like bay is going to a home in Virginia!! hopefully everything will go great, as today was his last day..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 23rd, 2006, 9:40 am

Yay!!!!!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Rescue