Bruised nail?

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby amalie79 » February 15th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Fer cryin' out loud...

I just got a call from home that Robin has cut her paw pad. Adam says it looks raw but not bleeding, almost like it's peeling back, and he didn't see anything in the cut. He said she's putting weight on it, but favoring it. I told him to rinse it out and put neosporin on it. When I get home after work, I'll probably soak it in epsom salts or use an epsom salts compress, and then wrap it with a little gauze and vet wrap. Am I missing anything?

I forgot how much trouble a young dog can get herself into...

ETA Oh yeah. And leash walks. :neutral: Is there an emoticon that expresses, "Seriously?"
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » February 15th, 2011, 3:29 pm

I wouldn't bother soaking it. If you can cover it with a booty or something when she goes outside to keep stuff out of it, and then leave it uncovered so it can stay dry inside, that will be best. We've had that injury before!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health